New Bishop of Paisley to bring Pope Francis’ “Vision” to Paisley – Help!

New Bishop of Paisley to bring Pope Francis’ “Vision” to Paisley – Help!

ImagePope Francis has today (Saturday 8 February 2014) appointed Fr John Keenan, as Bishop of Paisley.

The Diocese of Paisley has been vacant since September 2012, when Bishop Philip Tartaglia became Archbishop of Glasgow. Fr David Boyd has been the Administrator of the Diocese in the interim.

Reacting to the announcement, Bishop-Elect Keenan said; “While nervous at my appointment, I have been very uplifted at the congratulations and good wishes I have received so far which have given more confidence.  Everyone I speak to says Paisley is a wonderful diocese with good priests and people full of faith. I am looking forward to being with my brother priests, many of whom I already know really well, and getting to know the people and the parishes of the diocese.  I hope just to settle in and listen a lot.”

“At the same time I leave Glasgow with a heavy heart.  I have loved my priesthood there from the very beginning and know I have family and many friends who will continue supporting me.   This is an exciting time in the Church under Pope Francis’ lively leadership and I hope to put as much of his vision into my own personal life and ministry as I can.  I know many people in Paisley and Glasgow will be praying for me and I thank them very much.”

Welcoming the appointment of his successor, Archbishop Tartaglia said; “I welcome the appointment of Father John Keenan as Bishop of Paisley. As Archbishop of Glasgow, I am glad that a priest of the Archdiocese has been named by Pope Francis as Bishop of Paisley. Father Keenan has been a much-loved and respected Parish Priest, and an inspirational Catholic Chaplain to Glasgow University (Turnbull Hall). His appointment gives me a huge headache in trying to replace him. But, in the Church, when one part of the body is made stronger, the whole body benefits.  So, in this case, Paisley’s delight is Glasgow’s joy, and I am certain that Fr Keenan will be a fine bishop for Paisley.

As a former of Bishop of Paisley, I am very happy that the Diocese of Paisley now has a new Bishop. It’s a great diocese and very supportive of its bishops. Bishop-Elect John Keenan can expect a warm and heartfelt welcome throughout the diocese. I was very happy as Bishop of Paisley and I am sure he will be too.

And as President of the Bishops’ Conference of Scotland, along with my brother-bishops, I will be delighted to welcome our new colleague to the Bishops’ Conference. We know that John is a very gifted priest, and we look forward with anticipation to his contribution as a bishop to the work of the Conference.”

Commenting on the appointment, Fr David Boyd said:

“I was absolutely delighted to hear that the Holy Father, Pope Francis, had nominated as bishop of Paisley Diocese Fr. John Keenan.  Over the past seventeen months since Archbishop Tartaglia left for Glasgow we have been praying at many masses in our diocese for,  “a pastor who will please you by his holiness and to show us watchful care”. I am certain that in Bishop Elect John Keenan, that prayer has been answered.  On behalf of Bishop Emeritus John Mone, the priests and deacons and lay faithful of the Diocese of Paisley, I can assure Bishop Elect John a very warm welcome and the assurance of our prayers and support.  Over the past seventeen months, as Administrator, I have been taken aback time and time again by the support, energy and good will of all the clergy and people of this Diocese.  I am certain that Bishop Elect John will also experience this and that we will hopefully make him feel at home very quickly”.  Click on photo for source.

Comment…

We extend our very best wishes to Fr Keenan, on his appointment as Bishop of Paisley. The key question for war-weary Catholics, however, is this: are we going to hear the sound of the fire engines any time soon? Is Fr Keenan likely to set the heather on fire?

• Alexander

Miles Immaculatae: “As for the snide Westboro remark, they are a group who picket funerals and assert that God hates fags etc.. It really is so spiteful to make that comparison”. Hardly, are you one of those people who want Christians to be nice”? I thought being nice was one of the errors of modernism? Do you not want people to be told the truth? Sure the Westboro Baptists can be blunt in their way of speaking and acting but do you not agree with them that the sodomites are going to hell? Was there not a suggestion from lots of regulars on here that the 2011 Japanese earthquake and tsunami might have been God’s judgement against Godlessness and homosexuality? Check back to the comments and you’ll find that’s the case. How is that any different from what Westboro say? The only real difference is the way you word things, in reality you have many points of convergence. The most obvious being your own deep hostility to mainstream Catholics of good standing and the Westboro’s Baptists identical deep hostility to mainstream Baptists of good standing.

February 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm
    • Miles Immaculatae

If by ‘nice’ you mean allowing yourself to be treated like a child by the clergy who expect us to be docile and submissive to their heresy, impiety and impurity, then no, I don’t like ‘nice’ Christians. I find such people insufferably boring, and irritating, lacking passion. Like Ned Flanders from the Simpsons. If you perceive such a demeanour to be meek or charitable, then you are incredibly shallow.

If by ‘nice’ you mean charitable, compassionate, gracious, courteous, forgiving, then yes, I like ‘nice’ Christians.

People misinterpret Traditionalists’ choleric, fiery and virile tone as ‘uncharitable’. It’s not, it’s just passion. I remember getting upset because my friend got incredibly angry at me and called me uncharitable because I said I didn’t like guitars in the liturgy. During that period I suffered a lot of cognitive dissonance, because deep down I wanted to be honest with people, but they were placing intolerable moral expectations on me, expectation that I shut up and stop complaining and be a good little boy. I regard this kind of disposition to be what the Freudians call ‘psychic masochism’. You be that way if it floats your boat.

People hate us because we don’t just shut up and know our place. We are outspoken and punch well above our weight. I can see why you would be resentful at that: you loath our freedom, our joy, the unfathomable peace we have because we will never have to hear another guitar in Mass again. You loath us because misery loves company, and you have chosen misery. If you freely choose to stay in the kitchen, you have no right to get angry at the children playing outside who are having fun.

You believe we are ‘reactionary’ and ‘fundamentalist’ because you are suffering from what psychologists call ‘internalised discrimination’. You project onto us what you yourself feel, namely that deep down the world believes that you yourself are ‘reactionary’ and ‘fundamentalist’. The fact you are a Catholic in good standing means diddley-squat to the world, they just see another Catholic who opposes the culture of death. They think anybody who opposes the culture of death is pretty much like a Westboro baptist deep-down and they don’t differentiate between Traditionalist and Conservative Catholics like we do. You know this at a sub-conscience.level. Although you despise liberal Catholics and are proud of yourself for following all the Churches teachings, you nevertheless are preoccupied about not letting the world think you’re crazy. But they already think you are crazy, and they would say so if you were honest with them. A traditionalist is someone who is honest with them.

Do you understand what I’m saying? A perfect example of this ‘internalised hatred’ was Catholic Answers calling us ‘radical Traditionalists’. A term used by the SPLC, an American secularist group who think all orthodox Catholics are radical, including the ones on Catholic Answers. It’s absurd.

February 12, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Miles Immaculatae,

I want to know the name of that college. Where you took the assertiveness course! Like, now!

Brilliant post – a first class explanation of why people who hate us … hate us!

See if I care 😉

February 12, 2014 at 11:19 pm
      • Eileenanne

I don’t think people hate you – whoever is included in that group. You would maybe be surprised how few Catholics have even heard of you. I quite often mention things I have read here in conversation with fellow Catholics. Most don’t know what I am on about and think I am talking about the better known Catholic publishers with whom you almost share a name.

February 13, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Eileenanne, aren’t you being rather disingenuous? I haven’t been a visitor here for too long – certainly not as long as you – and I’ve read many examples of such hatred.

I don’t find it at all surprising that few Catholics have heard of Catholic Truth. Most Catholics haven’t got a clue about what’s going on in the Church, and not many seem to care.

It’s their loss, but good for you for bringing it to their attention.

February 13, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Therese,

Thank you for your kind support – much appreciated.

February 13, 2014 at 7:30 pm
      • Eileenanne

Disagreeing – even violently – with what people say is very different from hating the people.

February 15, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Eileenanne,

Yes, I find that when I speak to strangers and ask if they have heard of Catholic Truth they nearly always say “yes” and I have to clarify that I don’t mean the Catholic Truth Society. I also get emailed orders for various books, from time to time!

A couple of weeks ago I had a telephone call from a woman in Glasgow, asking to be added to the mailing list.

She said she’d been given a copy of the newsletter by a friend and was appalled that she was only now finding out about us. She asked why the priests were not promoting the newsletter (she emphatically thought they should be) and when I told her that not only would they not promote it, they would do everything in their power to prevent the Catholics in the pew like herself from knowing anything about us, she was horrified. I suggested that she check for herself by telling her priest that she had read the newsletter and wanted to receive it regularly. I wonder if she did. When I further informed her that the policy of the Bishops has always been to ignore us (which is obvious, but a kindly independent source told me that fact straight from the horses mouth – the “horse” being the Communications Director for the Archdiocese of Glasgow, Ronnie Convery) she was speechless. I know that, cos the phone went silent for a minute.

So, you are right. The majority of Scots Catholics won’t know anything about us. It’s one of the reasons we added the “Free” symbol to the front of the newsletter, hoping that readers would perhaps leave their copy lying around when they had finished reading it, wherever they thought fellow Catholics might find it, but I doubt if many do. I’ve been shocked myself recently to discover how little of the truly apostolic spirit exists in people who have been reading our newsletter and blog for years now. If they don’t feel moved to spread the word, there’s little likelihood of others doing so.

The hatred is there, however, and has been from the beginning. I don’t get as many nasty emails and letters these days, thank goodness, but I see it on this blog from time to time. So do readers who email and occasionally, very kindly, ring me to say not to get downhearted about it.

I don’t allow myself to get downhearted, because I know that it’s all part of the diabolical crisis in the Church where the devil is attacking key Catholic dogmas and causing confusion like never before. As the rest of the team keep reminding me, God has blessed our little enterprise and so we should not be surprised at the hatred it provokes. We entrust our enemies to Our Lady of Fatima and get on with the work in hand 😀

February 13, 2014 at 7:29 pm
      • Frankier

Eileenanne

I don’t think anyone at Catholic Truth need worry too much about few Catholics having heard about them.

Few Catholics nowadays seem to have heard about mortal sin or of showing respect for the Blessed Sacrament, so I think it will be a relief to them to know that they are in the best of company.

Ask some of these catholics next time you see them how many beads there are in a set of rosary beads and how many commandments there are. You might get the same answer: I’ve never heard of them.

February 13, 2014 at 8:31 pm
      • Frankier

And by the way, Eileenanne, I don’t think many of them will have heard about Catholic Truth Society either

February 13, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Frankier,

“I don’t think many of them will have heard about the Catholic Truth Society either”

Very true and just as well given that the CTS has gone the same way as every other Catholic publication – Modernist.

By the way, it is partly because people confuse us with the CTS that I keep reminding folk that our name is Catholic Truth and NOT Catholic Truth Scotland which readers often reduce to CTS.

We only have “Scotland” in our website address because, at the time when a malicious reader had our then website pulled, we decided to find another domain name and had to add “Scotland” for technical reasons. Our name, however, at the top of our publication and website is Catholic Truth.

To refresh memories and as a matter of interest, that same malicious reader bought up every version of “Catholic Truth” domain names that he could find, so we kept our old domain name to ensure there was no chance of it being hijacked by a troublemaker. The lengths some folk will go to in order to damage Catholic Truth – and I refer not just to the publication/website and blog of that name, if you get my drift…

February 14, 2014 at 10:39 am
      • Miles Immaculatae

A classic example of the neo-Catholic ‘internalised discrimination’ can be seen on BBC One on a Sunday morning. The Catholic Voices people are very careful not to appear ‘crazy’ to the audience. However, their verbose and gingerly platitudes do not fool the secularists. So why don’t they just come out and say that they think abortion is wrong, and contraception is wrong and x, y and z is wrong. Conservative Evangelical Christians don’t have a problem with this, and neither do the SSPX. No matter how much you dress up Catholic teaching, the world will still hate us. A lot of neo-Catholics are obsessed with pacifying secular scientists, which is why a lot of vitriol against creationists comes from ‘conservative’ Christians. Do they not realise the atheists still consider them lunatics. Why not just join the Traditional ‘party’ and liberate yourself from cognitive dissonance. The neo-Catholics are terrified deep-down of being perceived as anti-Semitic, or sectarian, which is why they project these fears on Traditionalists, falsely believing their demonisation of us with appease the secularists, but it won’t, ever.

February 13, 2014 at 11:25 am

Miles Immaculatae,

I couldn’t agree more about the performances of Catholic Voices on TV. I tape those Sunday morning discussions and it is always as you say. Whoever the Catholic is, he/she is always at pains to be “media-friendly” – and, as you also, rightly, say, it is a total waste of time.

Reminds me of a situation years ago when I was teaching in a non-denominational school in Scotland (before I saw the light and moved south of the border). I was friendly with a very modernist religious Sister and when the possibility of some kind of “retreat” arose, I suggested her as being someone who might be able to do some “age-appropriate” (nondescript) spiritual exercises (I’ve since tried to make reparation, worry not). Anyway, the Head of Department – a committed Protestant – wasn’t keen at all. I pointed out that she was a very “liberal” Catholic and wouldn’t be brainwashing the children about the Church at all – to which he replied: “But she’s still a Catholic”.

On another thread, discussing Catholic Voices, someone made the point that the woman in a particular interview was “over-trained”. I think that’s their problem. More concerned about their image than preaching the truth. An opportunity (many opportunities) missed.

February 13, 2014 at 12:19 pm
  • Alexander

Miles Immaculatae: To take that St Francis prophecy and apply it to yourself is totally self-obsessed and pure vanity. Identical to a protestant biblical literalists and their private revelation without need of Doctors of the Church or Holy Tradition. (yet again, another point of unity with the Westboro Baptists) Also, I see my question about Pope Benedict’s visit still remains unanswered by the CTS Mother Superior (whose name must not be said) This is important because if the St Andrew’s SSPX priests and laity were unable to get inside Bellahouston Park because invites were only made through Parishes of good standing then that is too bad. However, if they could have gained entry, then we must assume that they would have refused to receive Holy Communion because it was given in the hand by Eucharistic Ministers? Or in other words, you considered it invalid. And if you consider a Papal Mass to be invalid then logically, you are (as we all already know) Sedevacantists. And as Sedevacantists, you are outside the true Church and so have no business and no right to comment on who we have as a Bishop, as it is none of your business. However, if you really want to do something positive rather than attacking and criticising Fr. John on the internet. Then you should have faith, ask Our Lady to guide him. Offer him your love, serve him, honour him, respect Fr. John and his office. Offer him your loyalty and your prayers and then very quickly you will see the fruits of your prayers, miracles will start to happen and the real changes you claim to wish for will take place. Personally, I don’t actually think you seek any kind of reconciliation or unity with the Catholic faith or Church. Honestly, you are happy being a sect.

February 12, 2014 at 10:40 pm
    • Vianney

“And if you consider a Papal Mass to be invalid then logically, you are (as we all already know) Sedevacantists. And as Sedevacantists, you are outside the true Church”

You accuse people of telling lies and spreading tittle tattle and now you are doing the same thing. The SSPX is not, and never has been, sedevacantist. A picture of the Pope is on the sacristy wall in every SSPX chapel and he is prayed for in every Mass said in those chapels. I think that’s another apology you owe.

February 12, 2014 at 11:18 pm
      • Michaela

Vianney,

That’s very interesting – I didn’t know that and I don’t think many people know it (that the SSPX has a picture of the Pope in their sacristy walls). Thanks for posting that.

February 14, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Alexander,

“Miles Immaculatae: To take that St Francis prophecy and apply it to yourself is totally self-obsessed and pure vanity.”

But he can’t help it! He’s a handsome devil with a heart of gold and teeth to match.

It’s only humble folk like you and me who would recognise that vanity for what it is, Alexander. We should pray for poor Miles that he repents of his wicked ways 😉

February 12, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Alexander,

I don’t know a single truly orthodox Catholic, inside or outside the SSPX who would dream of receiving Communion in the hand. To receive from the hands of another lay person, making the sacrilege a double whammy, is completely unthinkable to any informed Catholic today. So, I hope that answers that part of your question.

I attended the papal Mass at Bellahouston Park when Pope John Paul II came to Glasgow. I was much younger then (although every bit as slim, glamorous, witty etc as I am today.)

I could not believe it. People around me eating, drinking, chatting all the way through Mass, stopping only long enough to cheer when everyone else cheered and to scream and yell when everyone else screamed and yelled. And the Pope was so far away, up there on a hill, that I’d have seen more if I’d stayed at home and watched the whole debacle on the TV.

So, when the announcement was made that we were to suffer another papal Mass at Bellahouston Park, my first thought was to find an excuse not to go and the best thing I could think of was to go along with a group to spread the Fatima message. Am I a clever girl or what?

You’re a mixed up guy, Alexander. You don’t know your apostates from your schismatics and you don’t know your obligations from your voluntaries. Nobody was obliged to attend the papal Masses – I made the mistake of going along to the first one, on the occasion of Pope John Paul II’s visit to Glasgow, but by the time Pope Benedict was due, the penny had dropped and I thought: “I don’t need to go there this time. WOW ❗ ”

OK, so I’m a slow learner, but with slim, glamorous, fashionable, witty and clever scrawled on one’s dressing table mirror, one can’t complain. I mean, one can’t, can one, have everything? 😀

February 13, 2014 at 12:14 am
    • Darth Papum

Alexander, your not Mgr Basil Loftus perchance? 😉

February 13, 2014 at 8:48 pm
  • Miles Immaculatae

*face … *palm

It’s a good job I take Prozac

February 12, 2014 at 10:59 pm

*face … *palm … It’s a good job I take Prozac.

head… hands… it’s a good job I take plenty of chocolate – the energy one needs for this job, one just cannot describe 😉

February 12, 2014 at 11:22 pm
  • Alexander

Miles Immaculatae…

“I regard this kind of disposition to be what the Freudians call ‘psychic masochism”.

“what psychologists call ‘internalised discrimination”

“You know this at a sub-conscience.level”

Have you ever heard of Cod-psychology…

“Cod psychology, the philosophical musings of one who has not formally studied philosophy. The word “cod” comes from first syllable of “codswallop”, and so the term carries with it a negative connotation.”

You’d perhaps be better off learning about something called “Confirmation bias”, that’s the modus operandi for CTS…

“Confirmation bias: People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position”

Editor: “why people who hate us … hate us!” Who said anything about hate?

February 13, 2014 at 11:40 am

Alexander,

Firstly, before I’m accused of “blocking you”, your latest post (11.40a.m.) went into moderation for no reason that I can see. This happens from time to time, so please do not think that you are being censored. That is not the case – yet. 😀

Secondly, would you publish an example of “Confirmation bias” as you describe it above.

All I can see is a thread discussing the long awaited appointment of a Bishop to the Diocese of Paisley, with some bloggers praising the appointment (either because they know him personally and he’s a nice person and not the worst possible appointment, or because they don’t know him and think he ought to be given a chance) and, on the other hand, some bloggers expressing concerns based on statements he has made to them or that are in the public domain. It’s no different from any other discussion about a public figure, so I’m at a loss as to the reason for your evident annoyance. It reminds me of something a friend said years ago when we were discussing the shocking group in England advocating a change in Church teaching on homosexuality – set up by parents of “gay” children. My friend said this is the litmus test. When it affects you, personally, would you still hold to the teaching of the Church? That’s what I’m seeing on this thread. A priest who has said the most unthinkable things (not God’s will that everyone be Catholics, he – Fr Keenan – wishes to bring Pope Francis’s “vision” of the Church to his diocese….) and yet people who would normally be appalled at this appointment, are now ambivalent about it. And all in the (usual) name of “charity”. No. A right thinking person keeps on alert, warns that this is yet another bad episcopal appointment in Scotland and THEN – if the new bishop changes his theological tune – welcomes the fact with open arms and offers all possible support. THAT is charity.

Thirdly, to answer your closing question – given that you have called us apostates and castigated us in various ways, I think “hate” is a fair description. However, if you love us really, say so and I’ll express my undying gratitude.

February 13, 2014 at 12:09 pm
    • Miles Immaculatae

Here’s a deal, I’ll stop with the psychology, and you stop with the theology and canon law, i.e. we’re all apostates etc..

February 13, 2014 at 7:05 pm
  • greatpretender51

“However, if they could have gained entry, then we must assume that they would have refused to receive Holy Communion because it was given in the hand by Eucharistic Ministers? Or in other words, you considered it invalid.”

Before Alexander jumps to any more false conclusions about the SSPX and the conditions for validity, he might find this article interesting:

February 13, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Great Pretender,

Many thanks for posting that link. I can’t believe that I forgot to quote Archbishop Ranjith (my own “favourite” at the last conclave) on Communion in the hand, when responding to Eileenanne’s mantra that it is “allowed”. It’s allowed by every Modernist in the Church – so there’s a surprise!

“Sadly there are many Catholics who no longer believe in the real presence. No doubt this has been due to the toning down, and in some cases the deletion, of these and many other symbols and signs of adoration. One such sign of adoration that has been drastically toned down is the practice of receiving Holy Communion on the tongue.

This has led Archbishop Malcolm Ranjith, secretary of the Vatican’s Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments, to recently suggest the policy of giving Communion in the hand be revised or “abandoned altogether.”2 It is Archbishop Ranjith’s belief that the introduction of this practice after Vatican II has resulted in indifference, outrages and sacrileges toward our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, causing great harm to both the Catholic Church and to individual souls.”

And to think I’ve lain awake at nights wondering why Archbishop Ranjith wasn’t elected pope. I know I’m slim, glamorous, witty, intelligent etc. but now and then I think I’m a few bricks short of a bungalow…

February 13, 2014 at 10:26 pm
      • Vianney

“but now and then I think I’m a few bricks short of a bungalow…”

Or a couple of Hail Marys short of a rosary.

February 13, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Vianney,

“…a couple of Hail Marys short of a rosary.”

I will add that to my list 😀

February 14, 2014 at 10:33 am
  • crofterlady

I receive Communion on the tongue and I’ve noticed that, whilst a Society priests places the host very deftly on the tongue, our PP fumbles and I’m always afraid that he will drop it. I don’t know whether it’s accidental or not.

February 14, 2014 at 10:35 am

Crofterlady,

That is a common problem – I’ve experienced it in the past as well. It’s not deliberate, I’m sure, but they haven’t been trained in how to administer Holy Communion on the tongue, which, as you say, the Society priests do without touching the tongue at all.

February 14, 2014 at 10:43 am
  • Miles Immaculatae

I am sure Fr Keenan’s appointment was only possible by his cosy relationship with the right people. Archbishop Tartaglia’s ‘sympathies’ were essential. Evidently, Fr Keenan has never done anything to wind any of them up. In fact, yesterday, I learned that Archbishop Tartaglia gave a talk at Father Keenan’s very own parish.

February 14, 2014 at 10:20 pm
    • Eileenanne

Shock horror! Archbishop gives talk in one of the parishes of his diocese – I now accept that the Church is in crisis!!

February 15, 2014 at 2:12 pm
      • Miles Immaculatae

I don’t appreciate your sarcasm, Eileenanne. There are around 106 parishes in the Archdiocese, and the archbishop has not personally visited most of them. If you knew anything about Church politics, you would know that the Archbishop doesn’t actually personally know most of his priests. He has elected to give this talk on the ‘Living Tradition of the Church’ at Turnbull Hall because of his personal ties to the parish. Fr Keenan was a member of +Tartaglia’s council of priest advisors, i.e. my assertion (and the purpose of my last post) was to demonstrate Fr Keenan’s close association with the Archbishop, i.e. the reason why Fr Keenan has been appointed bishop. This is a boy’s club appointment. If Fr Keenan had genuinely been interested in having a Traditional Mass at Turnbull Hall, he wouldn’t have been appointed bishop of Paisley. Believe me. The fact the archbishop is hanging around the chaplaincy means Fr Keenan has done all the right things. +Tartaglia has publicly scoffed the Traditional Mass. He would not have graced the place with his presence had Turnbull Hall genuinely been a hotbed of Traditional Catholicism. Get real. For those of us who can read between the lines, this is significant. You choose to live in denial, so this means nothing to you, but don’t mock my observations. Would Archbishop Tartaglia have given a talk on the ‘Church’s Living Tradition’ at the Immaculate heart of Mary parish in Ballornock, or Sacred Heart Bridgeton when the last priest was there? As if. So if the archbishops gives a talk at a parish, in my opinion, it is a good sign the priest is cosy enough with him to be disorientated.

Does anyone agree?

February 15, 2014 at 3:47 pm
      • Josephine

Miles Immaculatae,

I agree with you completely. I know from reading Catholic Truth that the Archbishop gave a talk in Fr Slavin’s parish and now I know he talked in Fr Keenan’s parish but I’ve never heard him giving at talk in Balornock as you say or at Sacred Heart. It’s not hard to work out what’s going on. It’s an “Old Boy’s Club” as you say. Is there even a remote chance that the two priests who offer the Latin Mass – i.e. Fr Morris and Fr Dunn – would be made bishops? I don’t think so for a second.

February 15, 2014 at 4:19 pm
      • Eileenanne

Did any of those parishes invite Archbishop Tartaglia to give a talk?

February 15, 2014 at 10:06 pm
      • Eileenanne

Miles Immaculatae,

I am happy to say I know nothing of “Church politics” and care even less. You post makes me think you know a little, probably second or third hand tittle tattle and make up the rest by doing what you call reading between the lines and I would call seeing what you want to see.

February 15, 2014 at 11:14 pm