Medjugorje: Spot The Heresies…

Medjugorje: Spot The Heresies…

As we await the outcome of the Vatican Commission into the Medjugorje phenomenon, Michael Voris provides an excellent summary of the many reasons why it should be clear to anyone with even an elementary knowledge of the Faith, that whoever is appearing there, it is,most certainly not Our Lady.

• Graeme Taylor

My faith is not reliant on apparitions, nor on the current bishops, thanks be to God.

February 22, 2014 at 3:32 pm
  • Graeme Taylor

Just a wee heads up, Cardinal Sconborn visited Medjugorje, think on…….

February 22, 2014 at 3:34 pm
    • Fidelis

Graeme Taylor,

I remember when Cardinal Schonborn visited Medjugorje – I think he was told by the Vatican to phone the bishop of the diocese and apologise.

February 22, 2014 at 4:30 pm
    • greatpretender51

Did he bring his balloons with him?

February 22, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I can’t answer that without breaking the house rules!

February 22, 2014 at 9:49 pm
  • Graeme Taylor

The arrogance of prelates is astounding.

February 22, 2014 at 4:56 pm
  • Graeme Taylor

Where there is millions involved, sadly the money counts and the faith is sidelined by the “prelates”

February 22, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Graeme,

The money spinning aspect is a massive clue. When St Bernadette of Lourdes was faced with visitors delighted to meet her, she would never accept gifts. Indeed, on one occasion, when one of them handed her younger brother a small soft toy, she took it from him and handed it back to the pilgrim, explaining that they do not accept gifts.

That will be some newsflash, the day any of the Medjugorje “visionaries” do that, since their vision appears to be one of material comfort and wealth, including lots of travel with inbuilt visits from Our Lady across the world.

Happily, I think I’ve only ever met two people who believe this nonsense and that was at a time when I knew next to nothing about it, and had agreed, in principle, to go there with a friend, but only after I’d explored costs and saved up since I was expecting any day now to be banned from using my credit card again. She was full of this “Daniel O’Connor” philosophy: “If Our Lady means you to go, she’ll send you the money.” I’m still waiting.

February 22, 2014 at 9:56 pm
  • Graeme Taylor

Too many people were duped by that non-sense. I have met some too and I gave their “experiences” short shrift.
    If there is money involved it is not of Our Lord ( or Our Lady). The “prelates”, sadly, love the money all too well.

February 22, 2014 at 10:42 pm
  • john konnor February 28, 2014 at 4:12 am
  • John Kearneyt

I went to Medjugorye in the 1980`s. Yes there was very questionable things going on, the guest houses were paying 60 per cent tax on their charges and I saw a large flagpole with the Croation flag flying. There were also allocutionists around who did not see Our Lady but she spoke to them audibly they claimed and the pilgrims paid to listen to them.

The visionaries were celebrities who gave talks to the pilgrims in the streets but the first thing I noticed was that they had little to say for people who were coversing with Our Lady daily. They just gave standard answers in English when the question was asked through and interpreter though remarkably the answers did not need an interpreter. They were just learned by heart responses.

I examined a video once and I was struck that they all seemed to acknowledge the apparition at the same time but the video above clearly shows Marjiana giving the lead. They were well trained but by whom? I believe it was a Fr Joso, the priest who first interviewed the children. But there is one point I still maintain and that is that Our Lady although not physically appearing at Medjugorye is nevertheless bestowing graces through the visiting priests who are not part of he conspiracy. The former bishop of Mostar did adiit this saying that yes there were fruits but through the natural workings of the Church.

March 2, 2014 at 8:59 pm