2 (faithful) homosexuals same as “heterosexuals” – New Cardinal

2 (faithful) homosexuals same as “heterosexuals” – New Cardinal

gay marriage

(Reuters) – The Vatican has appointed the archbishop of Berlin, seen by German media as part of a “new generation” of less dogmatic clergy, to take over the Cologne archdiocese, the largest and richest in Germany, it said on Friday.

The move makes Rainer Maria Woelki, who turns 58 next month, one of the most influential Catholic cardinals and is an indication of the type of person Pope Francis wants to see in prominent Church roles.

[I]n 2012, he said “If two homosexuals take responsibility for each other, if they are loyal to each other over the long term, then one should see this in the same way as heterosexual relations.”  Read entire report here

There’s no point criticising the person who made this appointment – Pope Francis.  We know, absolutely and without doubt, that he is, as Bishop Fellay describes him, “an outright Modernist”. That’s a given and we’ve “done him to death” so to speak on the previous thread. No, what we need to do here is to make sure that we know all of the reasons why Cardinal Rainer Maria Woelki is wrong. Why is it absolutely not true to say that “if two homosexuals… are loyal to each other… then one should see this in the same way as heterosexual relations” (note: we do not use the term “heterosexual” at Catholic Truth  – it is another trick to give the impression that there are sexuality options, so we only use it when quoting, as in this instance.  Generally, we speak of homosexuality Vs natural sexual behaviour, or traditional, marriage.)

So, how do we combat the false notion that homosexual behaviour “should be seen in the same way” as natural sexual behaviour / traditional marriage?

• Petrus Reply

I must make a comment in relation to Domchas’ errant remark on the “gift of sexuality”. God does not create someone homosexual. This is illogical and since Faith and Reason go together, it should be quite obvious.

Why is this illogical? Well, we are all created in the image and likeness of God. Holy Scripture and the Church tell us that homosexual acts are against God’s laws. It does not make sense for God to create a soul, in His divine image and likeness, but create them with an inclination towards a moral evil. It just doesn’t make sense.

God gives us the gift of Free Will, but it is His desire that we choose to do good. If you believe that homosexuality is a “gift from God” you don’t truly believe in God.

July 19, 2014 at 8:57 pm
    • Domchas Reply

Petrus, you are of course quite right!! All humankind is created in the image and likeness of God. Some He created heterosexual, some He created homosexual. Some He created male and some female. Each with individual gifts and talents. Give praise to God for His unique designs!!

Editor: a bit like saying “some He created murderers, some robbers…” Gerragrip!

July 19, 2014 at 11:37 pm
      • Petrus

Domchas,

If God really did create multiple sexualities and each one being equal, did He create paedophilia and beastiality? Do paedophiles, pederasts and beastophiles please God with their sexual behaviour? Can a newborn baby be born a paedophile, a pederasts or a beastophile?

To a rational person the questions I’ve asked above are depraved. However, this is the logical conclusion of the myth that God creates different sexualities and sexual behaviours. Remember, there is no conflict between true faith and reason.

July 20, 2014 at 1:12 pm
      • Domchas

God creates as He wils, He endows each with certain gifts. He allows that we decide how to use those gifts. Some will use them for evil, sadly. The misuse of these gifts are sinful, we know that. Please refrain from blaming the evils of humankind on those who are homosexual. Heterosexuals misuse their gifts and talents also. The bigotry and homophobia often encountered on CT under the guise of charity to lead souls to Christ is but one of the many examples of such misuse on a blog that ought to know a great deal better. Intelligent self proclaimed practising Catholics lose all charity when faced with anything remotely suggestive of sex, especially homosexuality. It is a trigger for hate and abuse to be used against others who disagree. To disagree is absolutely fine. To justify hatred and abuse using Holy Scripture is the sin which cries out to god for vengeance . Of course you won’t agree, that is to be expected, but you will have to answer and justify such misuse to God Himself on the day of judgement: as you judge so shall you be judged.

July 20, 2014 at 7:31 pm
      • Petrus

“God creates as He wils, (sic)”

No, he creates us in His divine image and likeness.

“He endows each with certain gifts. He allows that we decide how to use those gifts”

Yes, but He WANTS us to do good.

” The misuse of these gifts are sinful, we know that. Please refrain from blaming the evils of humankind on those who are homosexual. ”

Nowhere have I blamed any evil on homosexuals.

“The bigotry and homophobia often encountered on CT under the guise of charity to lead souls to Christ is but one of the many examples of such misuse on a blog that ought to know a great deal better.”

Please quote examples of hatred and bigotry…..

” Intelligent self proclaimed practising Catholics lose all charity when faced with anything remotely suggestive of sex, especially homosexuality.”

Sorry, I have no idea what you are babbling on about here.

“To justify hatred and abuse using Holy Scripture is the sin which cries out to god for vengeance ”

I don’t understand the context for this statement. There has been no hatred or abuse on this blog.

” Of course you won’t agree”

Got it in one!

” but you will have to answer and justify such misuse to God Himself on the day of judgement: as you judge so shall you be judged.”

Incoherent!

July 20, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Petrus,

That must be the original “Game, Set and Match” answer!

July 21, 2014 at 9:42 am
      • Michaela

Domchas

I take it you are a homosexual because as pointed out on this blog often, only homosexuals use the word “homophobia” especially since it’s obvious that it cannot be true to defend the Church’s teaching on homosexuality being disordered. We don’t accuse people of having a “phobia” or being full of hate for defending other teachings. I have seen cohabitation condemned on this site but nobody said that showed the bloggers hate cohabitees.

As I say, it’s only homosexuals who speak like that so I take it you are one of them?

July 21, 2014 at 2:24 pm
      • Domchas

Micheaela, as you choose to believe!!!

July 22, 2014 at 4:40 pm
      • Michaela

I didn’t say what I believed, but I asked you a question. The fact that you didn’t answer it, does actually tell me what I wanted to know. As editor has said here many times, ask anybody that question if they’re not homosexual and they will instantly deny it, it is such a serious sin. It’s actually obvious from your posts anyway.

July 22, 2014 at 7:13 pm
      • domchas

Michaela, I have never denied or affirmed my sexuality. You as you have implied have decided that you already know rightly or wrongly. Tell me, whatever you have decided about me, what right do you have to ask anyone about their sexuality. Why are you so interested in such a personal matter. I will assume that you would be quite insulted if I asked if you were a lesbian. I dont want to know and I am not assuming. It is a question which I dont have the right or the desire to ask you directly. Why do you think you have the right to ask such an intimate question of anyone??? do you have a unhealthy interest in others sexuality which needs some kind of counselling or are you just a pervert!!!!!!

July 22, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Domchas,

I don’t think it’s an insulting question at all, in this day and age, when people speak openly about being homosexual – it’s gone from being a criminal offence to being just about mandatory. It’s my own view that, since you are obviously highly sympathetic to the “gay rights” cause (to put it mildly) it seems likely that you are one of their number, especially now, in the face of your refusal to answer the (perfectly legitimate) question posed by Michaela.

I don’t know if Michaela would be insulted if you asked her the same question, I doubt it, but I certainly wouldn’t. In fact, I had a daft telephone call from one of our enemies at the time of our expose of homosexuality within the Church in Scotland some years ago, not simply asking me the question but telling me that there was a rumour around that I was, in fact, in such a relationship. I remember laughing into the phone and immediately said that this was not true but thanks for letting me know. I didn’t launch into a tirade demanding to know who made such a claim because I knew perfectly well that no such claim could possibly have been made, it was just some numpty trying to annoy me, perhaps worry me, when – sadly for them – all they succeeded in doing was to amuse me, big time!

So, I’ve already answered the question there about myself, but ask again if you wish. The answer is NOT “how dare you ask this…” but “no, Domchas, I’m not.”

Since your natural reaction is to insult the questioner, challenge her motives, but make no denial, I think readers will make up their own minds about your own “sexuality”.

On another subject, I decided to buy a ticket for a conference on re-incarnation. Cost £180 and I dithered a bit before purchasing. In the end I thought, “What the heck – you only live once” 😀

July 23, 2014 at 11:57 am
      • Domchas

Editor, why are you getting ‘hot under the collar’ on the subject of homosexuality? I have answered the question. You and those who have asked don’t want to accept it because it’s not the answer you want to hear. If you have already decided, which you indicate you have why ask the question in the first place! It’s pointless arguing with those who have already decided they know the answer

Editor: you have, indeed, answered the question. I think I have indicated that already, more than once. From all your submissions on the subject on this blog, it would appear clear that you are homosexual. You have not denied that. You have, thus, given us the answer. NOT, I hasten to add, the answer we would have liked. Would have preferred “no, I’m not homosexual”. The fact that you refuse to say that does, as I’ve already said, answer the question.

July 24, 2014 at 3:14 am
      • Petrus

No normal man would get so hot under the collar about homosexuality!

July 22, 2014 at 6:25 pm
      • Michaela

Petrus,

I agree, and it’s noticeable that homosexuals jump to defend homosexuality and attack anyone who criticises it but they don’t defend any other teachings. They always criticise Catholic Truth and the bloggers when it’s other topics, but don’t say anything positive about the teachings, then all guns blazing when it’s homosexuality being discussed.

July 22, 2014 at 7:16 pm
      • chardom

Are admitting that you are not normal Petrus!!!!

July 22, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Chardom,

He did walk into that one.

An own goal, Petrus 😀

July 23, 2014 at 11:59 am
      • Petrus

Whilst these last two comments made me smile, I don’t think it was an own goal. I don’t get hot under the collar about homosexuality. I think it’s wrong because Scripture and Tradition (not to mention Reason) tell me it is wrong – just like murder, stealing, adultery etc.

However, it has made me chuckle 🙂

July 23, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Petrus,

That was the general idea… to make you chuckle 😀

July 24, 2014 at 9:20 am
  • Pat McKay Reply

I wonder what the daleks would do with homosexuals – ex_sperm_inate them….?

July 23, 2014 at 12:28 pm
    • editor Reply

Pat,

Love it!

But seriously, what ELSE would they do? Don’t answer that!

July 23, 2014 at 6:27 pm
  • Josephine Reply

This is a very interesting article about the “10% myth” which has been blown out of the water by a USA Government survey.

July 24, 2014 at 10:02 pm
  • link google plus and facebook Reply

It’s difficult to find educated people in this particular subject,
    but you seem like you know what you’re talking
    about! Thanks