Anglican Brings Court Action Against “Gay” Lecturer For Alleged Assault…

Anglican Brings Court Action Against “Gay” Lecturer For Alleged Assault…

scalesofjusticeThe following article is taken from the Sunday Times, 9th November 2014  and is self-explanatory. David Skinner, who is bringing the court action, contacted me a few days ago seeking prayerful support as the court date (17th November) approaches.  One of our readers remarked to me, as recently as this morning, that there is a notable absence of Catholic lawyers taking a lead in the current dire state of affairs in Church and State, which makes the legal action of these Anglicans of particular interest.

Comments invited.

Christians urge sacking of gay lecturer with ‘1,000 conquests’

A CHRISTIAN pressure group is campaigning to oust a high-profile university professor who boasted about his 1,000 sexual conquests.

Eric Anderson, 46, a Winchester University professor of sports studies, told a gathering of gay and lesbian students at Oxford that he liked sex with “16, 17, 18-year-old boys”.

He dismissed Rowan Williams, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, as a “total bigot” and “liar” and said “the damage that’s caused by child molestation is socially constructed by the western world”.

The pressure group Because Children Matter wrote this weekend to Joy Carter, Winchester’s vice-chancellor, urging her to dismiss the professor.

It warned that the group will distribute thousands of leaflets with his comments to members of the university’s board, head teachers of secondary schools in its area, students and members of the public.

The university says it has reprimanded the professor for his remarks, but defended him as an “internationally renowned gay scholar”.

The clash over Anderson brings into the open bitter hostilities being waged away from public gaze between gay activists and opponents of same-sex marriage, which became legal in Britain in March.

Anderson, an American sociologist, has become a particular bête noire for traditionalists because he questions the right of the church to set the standards of sexual morality.

He has achieved a high media profile and been happy to speak about his private life: on one occasion he brought his infant twin boys into a BBC television studio for a live broadcast on same-sex marriage.

Anderson married his partner, Grant Tyler Peterson, in America before it was legal in Britain, and the couple invited a camera crew to follow them as they used a surrogate mother to became parents in 2012.

He made his controversial remarks about sex to Oxford University’s LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning) Society in 2011.

Anderson reportedly prefaced the talk by reeling off an explicit list of sexual practices and warning: “If you’re offended by discussions . . . then you should probably leave.”

According to a report of the event in The Oxford Student newspaper, Anderson laughingly agreed that he was a “sexual predator” and added that he had had sex with “easily over a thousand people”.

He said: “I like sex with 16, 17, 18-year-old boys particularly, it’s getting harder for me to get them but I’m still finding them. I hope between the age of 43 and the time I die I can have sex with another thousand — that would be awesome, even if I have to buy them, of course, not a problem.”

The professor said he liked to travel on cruise ships because “it’s like sex tourism” and “I always screw the dancers”.

Winchester University said last week that Anderson’s comments were “not appropriate and he was reprimanded shortly after”. It came to his defence, however, as “an internationally renowned gay scholar who publishes widely on sexualities, masculinities, sport and relationships.”

It added: “The university will not tolerate any targeting of its members of staff on the grounds of sexual orientation.”

Anderson faces more scrutiny next week when he confronts David Skinner, 70, an opponent of gay marriage, who is bringing a court case against him for alleged assault at the end of a lecture the academic gave at Bournemouth University in 2012. Anderson denies assault and accuses Skinner of harassment.

The professor plans to turn the spotlight on to Skinner’s own opinions. In one document expected to be submitted to the court, he attacks Skinner for allegedly writing online that “ the gaystapo do not believe in human dignity” and “I am not alone in seeing a parallel here between the rise of homosexual power and that of Nazism before WWII”.

When asked last week if he wished to comment, Skinner said: “This is what happens when the West rejects the Bible. Nobody can live in a vacuum.”

The Sunday Times also asked Anderson if he disputed the accuracy of the opinions attributed to him. He said: “Statements I made during the course of that lecture were reported without context and it is these Mr Skinner and others are using to conduct a sustained campaign against me. I am a gay man engaged in academic research on sexualities.”

He added: “I believe that sex should only occur between consenting adults. In 2011, I signed a letter supporting academic research into paedophilia which I believe is essential in order to keep children safe.”   Source

• Helen

Athanasius, I Googled the WW3 and I got the impression that old Gorbachev is just scaremongering.

About Davis Skinner, we should all pray hard for him. He’s a brave, brave man.

November 12, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Helen,

At one of the first Fatima Conferences I ever attended in Rome to hear Fr Gruner speak, he listed things said by Russian political leaders, all of them war-mongering statements. His list included statements giving data about the building up of weaponry in Russia, and sentiments relating to the Russian ambition to rule the world (my words – I’m simplifying everything, moi being a simple gal…)

Anyway, my point is that at the end of his list of quotes from Russian leaders, Fr Gruner told us that each and every statement he’d read out was taken from well known publications, newspaper reports etc. readily available to us all. His point was that Russia is not hiding her plans. We’re just not listening.

November 12, 2014 at 10:42 pm
  • Leo

Readers might remember to include in their prayers the McArthur family of Ashers Bakery, based in Belfast, as they give courageous witness to the Law of God in the face of the homo fascists’ persecution. The people of Ulster have more of the required backbone than most, but I’m sure every bit of support would be a help.

This attack by the sodomites is along very familiar and predictable lines.

I think these tactics are going to be used just as long as people are prepared to stand in front of the perversion juggernaut. We’ve gone, from Society turning a blind eye, to apathy, to toleration, to whatever you’re having yourself indulgence, to acceptance, and now to Group Think celebration. Unless someone is prepared to stand in the photographs and smile, and throw confetti, and talk about the “Happy Day”, I’m afraid the hissy fits are going to keep on coming.

Apologies for not remembering their name, but there was nothing “gay” about the undoubtedly exemplary financial ruin inflicted on the heroic English couple who refused two sodomites a single bed, not accommodation, in their B & B, their own home.

Let’s not forget that what this is all about: the destruction of marriage and the persecution of those who defend God’s Law. Sodomites and lesbians are being used as pawns in this agenda. In fact, the demand for so-called same sex “marriage” has been miniscule in France since it was legalized. That hasn’t stopped mayors being threatened with very heavy penalties for refusing to conduct the so-called “marriage” ceremony.

November 12, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Leo,

Colin and Karen McArthur are very brave indeed to fight this stupid case. The fact that the homosexual couple accepted the return of their deposit, should nullify any further action against them.

Breaking News…These “gay” activist groups cannot be trusted. All through the same sex “marriage” debate here they lied through their teeth promising that nobody would be forced to accept their daft “marriages” and that nobody would be forced to act against their consciences. I said then and I’ve been proved right (it becomes wearing after a while :grin:) that they could not be trusted and that these assurances meant nothing.

We should definitely remember this couple, along with David Skinner, in our prayers. They are showing a level of moral fibre that, sadly, too many Catholics appear to lack. But then, when the Pope himself says “who am I to judge?” we cannot be too surprised if Catholics lose sight of the gravity of the sin of Sodom.

And what about that cake? Ugh! I don’t like wedding cake at the best of times; much too sweet. But that ugly rainbow cake would have me running for the nearest packet of indigestion tablets, pronto. Ugh!

November 12, 2014 at 10:32 pm
      • Constantine the Great

Fortunately we live by the rule of law and any unworthy act by the McArthur’s must be judged and penalised.

November 15, 2014 at 4:29 pm

CTG,

Of what “unworthy act” are the McArthurs guilty?

November 15, 2014 at 5:02 pm
      • Constantine the Great

… rather their company, Ashers, may have acted unlawfully.

Self-delusion and self-righteousness are two sides of the same soiled coin.

November 16, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Constantine the Great,

Tell that to the “gay” lobby. They’re the ones who need to open their eyes to the truth before it’s too late for them.

November 16, 2014 at 3:13 pm
      • Constantine the Great

Yeah, right.

November 16, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Constantine the Great,

The principle law upon which all others stand is the law of God “written in the hearts of all men”. This has been the “rule of law” for 2000 years. It seems to me, then, that it is not the McArthur’s who were guilty of an “unworthy act” under the rule of law. Men are not free to legislate against the Commandments of God, for such would not be true liberty, it would be licence. Hence, the rule you recognise as law is actually lawlessness disguised as law.

November 15, 2014 at 5:52 pm

A reader from Aberdeen has just texted to say she is praying for David Skinner today, as the court case begins.

I’m sure we’ll all do the same.

November 17, 2014 at 9:42 am

David Skinner has emailed to say that the case today was adjourned to allow Anderson to get his paper work in order.

As if he hasn’t had long enough to get himself organised. The more I learn about this man, the more convinced I am that he should not be allowed anywhere near young people, let alone by employed by a university.

November 17, 2014 at 6:58 pm
    • Santiago

I whole-heatedly agree with you, Editor. Young people are taught about ‘stranger danger’ – this man definitely falls into this category. He should be banned from any contact with young people. I just hope that the parents of these students are alert to his abominable influence.

November 20, 2014 at 12:03 am

The case was settled out of court – click here to read report

December 4, 2014 at 2:52 pm