Is Pope Francis Being Deliberately Provocative?

Is Pope Francis Being Deliberately Provocative?

Pope FrancissmilesIt is hard to escape the conclusion that Pope Francis would like to turn the whole Catholic Church into the pastoral equivalent of the decadent and dying Archdiocese of Buenos Aires, where Catholics — as in all of South America — are defecting to Protestant sects, there are no vocations, and the former Archbishop Bergoglio “authorized ‘curas villeros,’ the priests sent to the peripheries, to give communion to all, although four fifths of the couples were not even married.”

Antonio Socci, who has gone from being a fervent supporter of Pope Francis to one of his leading critics as the evidence of his disastrous pontificate mounts, put the matter this way: “For decades the South American Church has been falling into ruin, its crisis the greatest on the planet: the latest data, just published by the Pew Center, confirming the precipitous drop of membership in the Catholic Church in Latin America.  Now that same recipe for failure is being applied to the whole Church.  And so we soon we will see the same ruins.  The Bergoglio Effect.”

One sign of the spreading decadence provoked by the “Bergoglio Effect” is the Pope’s outrageous personal invitation to Patti Smith, the so-called Godmother of Punk Rock, to perform at this year’s Vatican “Christmas concert.”

Smith, a notoriously pro-abortion “rock star,” is infamous for the “lyric” in her first album, which begins with the lines: “Jesus died for somebody’s sins/but not mine.”  Why on earth did Francis choose this woman to perform at a Vatican concert supposedly in celebration precisely of the birth of the Redeemer? The phrase “diabolical disorientation” comes immediately to mind.

Think Patti Smith has changed her tune? Not at all. As she recently told the press: “Anyone who would confine me to a line from 20 years ago is a fool…. I was 20 and I wanted to make my own mistakes. And I didn’t want anyone dying for me. I stand behind that 20-year-old girl, but I have evolved. I’ll sing to my enemy! I don’t like being pinned down and I’ll say what the f–k I want — especially at my age.”

This is the foul-mouthed, arrogant low-life Pope Francis personally invited to his “Christmas concert.” Now age 67, Smith views the invitation as “I’ll sing to my enemy,” meaning the Church or Christ Himself, although she declares “I like Pope Francis and I’m happy to sing for him.”

Loved by the world — even by a pro-abortion punk rocker — but criticized by a growing number of alarmed members of his own flock. Such is the pontificate of Pope Francis. Even Sandro Magister, not known for extremes, has had enough“Francis’ popularity is more conspicuous outside the Church, even if it isn’t eliciting waves of conversions…. The Christianity from the mouth of Bergoglio is no longer provocative, does not create problems as in the past, it can be treated with courtesy, superiority and detachment.  Christianity matters less.”

Quite simply, there has never been a Pope like this.  The crisis predicted in that part of the Third Secret we have yet to see has clearly entered a new, and perhaps its final phase. Our Lady of Fatima, intercede for us!   Source

Comments invited…

Rorate reports that Francis believes in Universal salvation:

“It is beautiful to think of this, to think of Heaven. All of us will be up there together, all of us! It is beautiful, it gives strength to the soul.”

December 1, 2014 at 4:01 pm
    • damselofthefaith

People will believe there’s a Hell when they’re at their judgement and on the precipice about to fall in…

Does the Pope not read his Bible? How many times has Our Lord Jesus Christ mentioned hell?! God help us!

December 1, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Gabriel Syme,

There is another error in that statement of the Pope, besides universal salvation. He says that heaven is more a state than a place. This is completely at odds with Church teaching which defines heaven as a real place into which Our Lord physically ascended, where Our Lady was physically assumed and where all the blessed will one day have their resurrected, immortal bodies re-united to their blissful souls.

December 1, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I’ve heard that loads of times, that heaven is more a “state” than a place. Pope John Paul II said that as well. It’s one thing to be criticising the Catholic schools for not teaching the faith but when the popes don’t know it themselves, what’s that all about?

December 1, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Exactly, Margaret Mary! The Popes need to be more specific in their comments and teaching about heaven. But it’s the same old story since Vatican II – outright Catholic teaching on heaven would stop inter-religious and ecumenical initiatives dead in their tracks. Hence, the teaching is expressed vaguely and ambiguously to avoid upsetting anyone!

December 1, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Perhaps a Rosary Crusade for the Pope’s conversion?

December 1, 2014 at 4:44 pm
  • crofterlady

I think it’s best to pray for this Pope’s eternal reward to come sooner rather than later

December 1, 2014 at 5:18 pm
  • John Kearney

Pope Francis is mentally unstable and it will only get worse. His behaviour is like a little boy with a toy.

December 1, 2014 at 5:55 pm

John Kearney,

For his sake I hope Pope Francis is labouring under some kind of mental instability, but I very much doubt that he is. I think the bishops would have spotted that by now and took steps to protect the Faith. No, it seems more likely that the Pope is just completely given up to the irrationality of pure Modernism.

December 1, 2014 at 7:31 pm
    • domchas

Comment removed

Ed: Still, thanks for not trying to defend Pope Francis’s increasingly bizarre (to put it mildly) behaviour.

December 2, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Athanasius

Yep.

December 1, 2014 at 10:46 pm

From a report on the Pope’s address to the European Parliament:

“…Ulrike Lunacek – author of a homosexual rights resolution that generated massive opposition by citizens – handed the Pope a rainbow scarf as he walked by. “It would be great if you had spoken up in favor of same-sex marriage or also for the use of contraceptives,” she told him.” Source

I suppose we should be thankful that he didn’t wear it there and then… Let’s just hope he doesn’t take it into his head to wear it – ever! Or decide to reward Ms Lunacek with a personal phone call. Anything’s possible with Papa Francis.

December 4, 2014 at 8:36 pm

There is a petition appealing the decision to execute Asia Bibi on the link below.

December 5, 2014 at 9:48 am