Father Gruner RIP

Father Gruner RIP

Rest in Peace: Father Nicholas Gruner, May 4, 1942 — April 29, 2015Fr Gruner

The Management Team of the Fatima Center sadly announces the death of Father Nicholas Gruner, who passed away suddenly this evening. Father died at his office, working to his last breath on the goals to which he dedicated his 38 years in the priesthood — the promotion of the Message of Fatima, especially the release of the full Third Secret and the Consecration of Russia to Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart.

Details concerning the visitation and funeral for Father will be announced in the upcoming days. For now, in your charity, please pray for Father and for his Apostolate, which will continue to seek to bring his life’s work to a successful conclusion.  Source

Many of us here in Scotland were privileged to meet Fr Gruner when he came here to address one of our Catholic Truth conferences.  We are very sad and shocked to hear of his sudden death. We will have Holy Mass offered for the repose of his soul.  Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him, may he rest in peace.

• Christina

Yes, I was checking on the Internet as well, and couldn’t believe that there was nothing about this holy priest’s death, but today, Catholic Family News has caught up.

One really has a sense of personal bereavement when a warrior of the faith such as Father Gruner passes on to his eternal reward, leaving the Church Militant weaker for his absence. ‘Well done,, good and faithful servant,……. enter thou into the joy of thy Lord’.

May 1, 2015 at 5:56 pm
    • Summa

To be fair to CFN, Christina, they were on to this immediately, and that is where I first heard of this. I posted it then on CT (http://catholictruthblog.com/2015/02/18/general-discussion-7/#comment-28183) and as you can see from my time stamp that was before it hit CT.
      God bless.

May 1, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Summa,

How on earth did I miss that! I only found out when I received an email from Cornelia Ferreira around 9am. I’ll need to keep a closer eye on the GD thread – and your posts! Thank you for that – these time differences between the USA/Australia and us, are useful on occasion!

May 1, 2015 at 9:56 pm
      • Summa

Yes, in all probability when I found out, it was the wee small hours in Glasgow, but I posted on the General thread just as an alert after not seeing it on the site. I knew of course that it would be big news as soon as you found out.
        God bless

May 1, 2015 at 10:00 pm
      • Christina

Sorry Summa, I didn’t see your post, but learned of Father’s death from this thread. Apologies to CFN.

May 2, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Summa,

Yes, very big news and not just for us, but for the whole Church and world, if only the powers-that-be could see it.

I’ve had a reply to my email of condolences sent to the Fatima Center. It reads:

It is truly a sad loss for us but I also believe for the Church and the world.

Unless something has changed since last evening, the funeral Mass will be at a public facility in Niagara Falls, ON on May 9 – a Solemn High Requiem Mass with Bishop Fellay offering the Mass.
    Keep watching our website for further details. END.

Absolutely wonderful that Bishop Fellay is offering the Requiem Mass – it will be absolutely beautiful. I hope it’s available to view online, in due course.

May 1, 2015 at 10:44 pm

I also hope we can view the funeral online – I’d love to see Bishop Fellay offering a Mass, and to hear what he has to say about Fr Gruner, assuming he will be the preacher as well.

May 2, 2015 at 6:46 pm
  • anne

Hi Editor,

This was found on Traditional Catholic Priest website

Posted on May 2, 2015 by fc

Fr. Nicholas Gruner died of a heart attack on Wednesday April 29th 2015. He was just days short of his 73rd birthday. I never knew him, but always admired his stance on promoting the the truth about Fatima. I do know that he was persecuted very much by the liberal Catholic Church hierarchy.
    I am sad to hear of his death, but at the same time I am happy his suffering for Jesus’ Church and Mary in this world is over. The pope and liberal bishops can no longer hurt him. He no longer has to hear about all the terrible sacrilegious things that go on in the Holy Church of Jesus Christ. He no longer has to see the sinful condition of our society. He no longer has to hear about the terrible laws that support sin and the killing of babies in their mother’s womb. He is free and will be rewarded by God for suffering for truth.
    My friend sent me a letter that Fr. Gruner sent out of March 12, 2015. Here is what it said.
    ‘I recently returned from Rome, where I went to attend the February installation of the new cardinals. But while I was there, something happened- something soul-shaking! that I did not expect! I spoke to Father Gabriel Amarth, the world’s most famous living exorcist. His words shook me a few things ever have! Fr. Amarth told me that we have but a short time left before the chastisements predicted by Our Lady of Fatima begin to rip our world apart in ways we can hardly imagine! How long? Less than 8 months!
    Fr. Amarth told me that unless the consecration of Russia is performed – as our Lady Asked! – by the end of October, 2015, the dark prophecies of Fatima may well come to pass any day after that!
    Why did Father Gabriel Amorth tell this to me? So that our Lady’s Apostolate will raise its voice – as never before- to shout the message of Fatima from the Rooftops! And to do this, we must stand together. We must marshal all of our resources, all of our strength and – Wake the world from sleepwalking to its doom!
    There is no accidents. All is Providence! Fr. Amarth is at 85, still the chief exorcist of Rome. He has performed tens of thousands of exorcisms and written several books on the subject. He was the handpicked successor of Father Candido, his famed saintly predecessor who himself had special spiritual gifts. Father Amarth knows we are in the final battle with satan and the time is short.
    I have met and spoken to Father Amorth many times over the years. This is the first time he has ever told me in plain language how much time we have left – exactly – before the manifest chastisements of the world could begin!’

God Bless,
    Anne

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a reply

May 2, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Anne,

Thank you for that post – I have been saying to friends that, although I don’t receive Fr Gruner’s mailings by post, the letter containing the information about October 2015, did arrive in my mail only last week. I remember being surprised at receiving it, as I generally keep informed about Fatima from the Fatima Center website and friends who pass on copies of their letters from Fr Gruner.

And yes, that is explosive news. I think we must all redouble our efforts to battle for the Consecration of Russia precisely as God wants it, and has made known how He wants it via His Mother.

Anyone not enrolled in the Brown Scapular or who has not yet made the Five First Saturdays, should perhaps begin there. And any bishop or priest with direct access to the Pope should use that influence, however great or little, to prick his conscience on the matter.

Surely, I can’t help thinking, Father Amorth would have ready access to him? If he could tell Fr Gruner about what little time is left before the terrible chastisement begins, why not tell the one person who can change the timetable – Pope Francis himself?

I know, I know – I’m a simple gal… 😀

May 2, 2015 at 8:42 pm
      • westminsterfly

Fr Amorth, unfortunately, is a fervent apologist for the Medjugorje phenomenon, so one can perhaps understand why he might not be taken too seriously by some in Rome. http://www.marytv.tv/articles/top-exorcists-laments-apathy-to-medjugorje I’m a little surprised Fr Gruner put so much store by his words.

May 3, 2015 at 1:21 pm

WF,

If it’s any consolation, I’ve pointed that fact out about Fr Amorth & Medjugorje to everyone who mentioned the “October 2015” conversation to me today after Mass.

May 3, 2015 at 4:08 pm
  • Josephine

I am in a state of shock hearing this news of Father Gruner’s death. It makes me shiver to think of what it means. The only priest I can think of who preaches the full message of Fatima without deviating from it or getting mixed up with extremist groups. I feel very sad about this. May he rest in peace.

May 2, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Pope Francis to visit Fatima in 2017 – reading his comments as quoted in this article, he really doesn’t seem to have the proverbial clue. “Getting our hands dirty” doesn’t appear to include the Consecration of Russia as specified by Our Lady: “O Mary, let us feel your gaze as a Mother,” he said. “Lead us to your Son, as we are not Christians ‘for show’, but who can ‘get their hands dirty’ to build with your Son, Jesus, his Kingdom of love, joy and peace.”

Note, not “Thank you, dear Mother, for giving us the simple means to achieve love, joy and peace on this earth, at least for the promised period following the Consecration of Russia.”

Do you ever wonder at the craziness of it all? Planting trees in the Vatican garden, empty words about “getting our hands dirty” etc. Yet no mention of the cast-iron guarantee given by Our Lady of Fatima? Help!

May 3, 2015 at 8:23 am
  • Spiritus

I am also deeply shocked by the death of Fr. Gruner whom I had the privilege of meeting twice, the first time in 2009 at a conference in ireland. The following Sunday I began attending the Traditional Mass to fulfil my Sunday obligation. The second time was at the Catholic Truth conference in Glasgow in September 2010. I feel that Our Lady of Fatima used him and his apostolate to make me a fully Traditional Catholic. Fr. Gruner will be sorely missed by all those who are dedicated to the True message of Fatima and the triumph of the Immaculate Heart. May he rest in peace.

May 3, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Spiritus,

Just a detail, but our Glasgow conference was on 12 September 2009, NOT 2010. I didn’t know you were present! I know we met at the Cork Conference (I think!) but I hadn’t realised you’d travelled over for our Fatima Conference. It was definitely 2009, though, and I know Father went down to London after our conference, not sure if he went on to Ireland.

Yes, Fr Gruner will be sorely missed – he was one of a kind. May he rest in peace.

N O T I C E . . .

I’m closing the April threads except this one which will remain open until after the funeral on Saturday, the Open Letter thread until it’s gone to the two bishops probably next week, and the General Election thread which will remain open until the results come in on Friday.

May 6, 2015 at 7:32 pm
    • Spiritus

mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Of course it was 2009. I am getting confused!

May 7, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Spiritus,

That’s good – I began to think we’d had another Conference that I’d forgotten about!

May 9, 2015 at 11:21 am
  • Spiritus

and yes, we met in Cork.

May 7, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Phew! Again, a relief. I worry enough about my memory as it is! I remember meeting you – pleasure. Had a wonderful time in beautiful Cork.

May 9, 2015 at 11:22 am

I’m told that Father Gruner’s funeral will be streamed live today, at 2.30pm BST.

I can’t see any notice on the Fatima website, but will let you know as soon as I have confirmation of this, and post any link available.

May 9, 2015 at 11:20 am

I can’t find any link to a broadcast of the funeral, so presume my source was mistaken.

Anyway, I found this interesting letter from Chris Ferrara to the Archdiocese of Milan, refuting the false claim that Fr Gruner was suspended.

May 9, 2015 at 2:43 pm
  • damselofthefaith

Fr. Gruner’s funeral found here:

May 10, 2015 at 3:42 pm

DOTF

I can’t open the link you posted, nor can I get through to the Fatima Center homepage, where I’m told the video is posted.

I’ve just found the sermon on video online …

May 11, 2015 at 12:03 pm

I’m very disappointed because the sound quality is very poor on that video and I couldn’t hear much at all.

May 11, 2015 at 8:45 pm

This link to the Fatima website opened for me right away and the video is of high quality. It looks lovely.

May 11, 2015 at 8:47 pm
      • Summa

Ho disturbing is this so called catholic priest? https://harvestingthefruit.com/nicholson-log/

May 11, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Summa,

That is pure dynamite! WOW! Imagine the hypocrisy of him, speaking on YOUTUBE on the very day of Father’s death, accusing him of being disobedient to ecclesiastical authority when he has blatantly disobeyed his bishop and made a layman complicit in his sin. WOW!

Thank you for posting this – I hope it gets the widest possible audience via that blog.

May 11, 2015 at 10:54 pm
      • Summa

I have no reason to doubt the veracity of Louie Verrecchio’s comments. I have always found him to be genuine and humble in his commentaries. No matter: if recent events online are anything to go by, I’m sure Father Nicholson will have his legal team on to this, if of course he has no case to answer to.

What i am absolutely appalled at is the base disrespect to Father Gruner’s memory and to the folk who knew him.

And this so called priest goes around lecturing others on how to be ‘in communion’.

Ha!

May God forgive him.

May 12, 2015 at 12:47 am
      • Summa

The comments on Louie Verrecchio’s website from reader’s are quite insightful too. A recommended read. It certainly forms a picture with who one is dealing with.

May 12, 2015 at 1:02 am
      • westminsterfly

Thanks for that Summa. Very instructive.

May 12, 2015 at 12:10 pm
      • Jobstears

Thank you for posting the link, Summa.

As Editor said, the hypocrisy is incredible!! And his lack of charity and decency is mind boggling. He simply had to try and taint Fr. Gruner’s memory and it couldn’t wait until after the funeral.

May 12, 2015 at 1:18 pm
  • crofterlady

How strange! I bet someone has pulled the plug on it because I watched it yesterday afternoon and now I cannot access it!

May 11, 2015 at 12:21 pm

It’s online now, Crofterlady.

May 11, 2015 at 10:55 pm

I will close this thread now, on this the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima.

We will, without doubt, remember Father Gruner’s wonderful and selfless apostolate during our discussion on the new Fatima thread.

Thank you to everyone who commented here, on the very sad passing (for us!) of Father Gruner from this world. May he rest in peace.

May 13, 2015 at 12:30 am