October: Month of the Holy Rosary…

October: Month of the Holy Rosary…

Comment:

This thread is to pay tribute to Our Lady in the special Month of her Holy Rosary.  As ever, feel free to comment, post stories of any favours received through the Rosary that you know of personally, your favourite hymns – lyrics and videos  – I couldn’t find the hymn O Queen of the Holy Rosary except in its American version, so if anyone can find the tune we sing in our neck of the woods on YouTube, please post it here.  This is also the month of the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima (October 13th) so Fatima will, no doubt, feature large in this thread. Let’s pray especially this month for the Synod on the Family which will take place 4-25th… O Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, pray for us!

• Leo

I should have included this anonymous (as far as I know) pearl of wisdom:

“Atheism – The belief that there was Nothing, and Nothing happened to Nothing and then Nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything, and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason whatsoever into self –replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.”

October 6, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Leo,

That is, indeed, a pearl of wisdom to answer any atheist. As is your quote from Chesterton on the same subject at 2.10 pm on October 6th. Thank you for both. I’ll make very good use of them!

October 7, 2015 at 8:35 am
    • Frankier

Leo

Two great quotes and ones which I also would hope to use in the future.

There are two questions I always ask an atheist.

Why are you always in a bad mood?

And how do you explain how a non-existing being can cause natural calamities?

October 7, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Happy Feast of the Holy Rosary, everyone!

I would appreciate your prayers today for a very special personal intention. Thank you.

October 7, 2015 at 8:35 am
    • Christina

Editor, that will be the intention for today’s Rosary then. 😇

October 7, 2015 at 12:08 pm
    • Clotilde

Oops Yes I will try to remember to add your special intention to my list Editor.
      God Bless All.

October 7, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Christina and Clotilde,

Thank you for remembering my intention but Our Lady didn’t grant my intention, at least not as I more or less demanded it, now, this very day.

I wonder where I went wrong…

October 7, 2015 at 11:24 pm
  • damselofthefaith

A Blessed Feast of the Most Holy Rosary to everyone. Enjoy the meditations.

October 7, 2015 at 2:30 pm
  • Clotilde

Happy Feast Day to all on this the Feast of the Most Holy Rosary. (If its not too late)

I do miss all the hymns to Our Lady we learnt at school. I think I’ve mentioned before that we don’t have very much hymn singing in the SSPX church I attend and when they do sing a hymn, I know, it is often the ‘wrong’ tune!

Am I right in saying that ‘in the old days’ we used to have hymns throughout the Mass as well as the Latin sung Mass and especially during Holy Communion. There were so many communicants that there was more than one hymn sung then. They were all so meaningful too.

I loved Hail Queen of Heaven too, Hail Thou, Star of Ocean, and I’ll sing a Hymn to Mary. Does anyone remember Daily, Daily, Sing to Mary. If I knew how to post them I would so will have to get to grips with that.

October 7, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Here you go Clothilde:

October 7, 2015 at 9:56 pm

And another favourite:

October 7, 2015 at 9:57 pm

There are 2 versions of Daily Daily Sing to Mary, but neither one is the “right” tune!

October 7, 2015 at 9:59 pm
      • Vianney

Therese, this is the version we sang:

October 7, 2015 at 10:11 pm

It’s not the “right” one Vianney, but I must say it’s also nice so I can live with that! I remember hearing a man from Rhodesia who told us that when there were the troubles and people were frequently being attacked and murdered in their cars, he and other families who were travelling in convoys to and from Mass would sing Daily, Daily Sing to Mary all along the way to keep them protected. It worked.

October 8, 2015 at 4:26 pm
      • Vianney

This is the only tune I know. perhaps the one you remember will turn up.

October 8, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Therese,

Thanks for that. I dug out our thread for the Feast of the Assumption, which led with a video of I’ll Sing a Hymn to Mary, sung by a Fr Francis. I’m putting the link here because, again, I think some of the words in the version you’ve posted are slightly different from the one with which I grew up and the one with which I grew up is always the “correct” version!

Seriously… I’d copied the words underneath Fr Francis’ video, so it’s easy to check if we are all, as they love to say these days, singing from the same hymn sheet or (as seems to be more usual these days) not!

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZaryeeNkng?feature=player_embedded&w=640&h=360%5D

I’ll sing a hymn to Mary,
        The Mother of my God,
        The Virgin of all virgins,
        Of David’s royal blood.
        O teach me, Holy Mary,
        A loving song to frame,
        When wicked men blaspheme thee,
        To love and bless thy name.

O noble Tower of David,
        Of gold and ivory.
        The ark of God’s own promise,
        The gate of Heav’n to me.
        To live and not to love thee
        Would fill my soul with shame.
        When wicked men blaspheme thee,
        I’ll love and bless thy name.

The saints are high in glory,
        With golden crowns so bright,
        But brighter far is Mary
        Upon her throne of light.
        O that which God did give thee,
        Let mortal ne’er disclaim;
        When wicked men blaspheme thee
        I’ll love and bless thy name.

But in the crown of Mary,
        There lies a wondrous gem,
        As Queen of all the Angels,
        Which Mary shares with them;
        “No sin hath e’er defiled thee,”
        So doth our faith proclaim:
        When wicked men blaspheme thee,
        I’ll love and bless thy name.

(Fr. J. Wyze 1825-1898)

Source

October 7, 2015 at 11:38 pm
      • Vianney

Words of the hymns seem to change from country to country. Comparing the words of some hymns in the St. Andrew Hymnal to the same one in the Westminster Hymnal often show differences. In England there was also the Leeds Catholic Hymnal and often the words were slightly different from those in the Westminster. The black hymnal used in some SSPX chapels comes from Australia and, again, words can be different, in fact, I heard recently that in one chapel in England the people refuse to use the Black hymnal because the words are different from what they know. Let’s face it, if you are a Traditionalists then that goes for hymns too.

October 8, 2015 at 11:36 pm

that’s a lovely video, Therese,

There were some minor differences from the (correct!) version with which I grew up, “yours” where “thee” and “thou” used to be, but, that said, that is a lovely version.

For the record, here’s the version with which I grew up:

Hail, Queen of Heaven, the Ocean Star,
        Guide of the wanderer here below,
        Thrown on life’s surge, we claim thy care,
        Save us from peril and from woe.

Mother of Christ, Star of the sea
        Pray for the wanderer, pray for me.

O gentle, chaste, and spotless Maid,
        We sinners make our prayers through thee;
        Remind thy Son that He has paid
        The price of our iniquity.

Virgin most pure, Star of the sea,
        Pray for the sinner, pray for me.

Sojourners in this vale of tears
        To thee, blest, advocate, we cry,
        Pity our sorrows, calm our fears
        and soothe with hope our misery

Refuge in grief, Star of the sea
        pray for the mourner, pray for me.

And while to Him Who reigns above
        In Godhead one, in Persons three,
        The Source of life, of grace, of love,
        Homage we pay on bended knee:

Do thou, bright Queen, O star of the sea,
        Pray for thy children, pray for me.

October 7, 2015 at 11:54 pm

That’s great Editor – I was only listening to the tune, not the words, and much prefer “thee” and “thou”. I’ve noticed that I’m in the minority now when I recite the Rosary and the Our Father with the “thee’s” and “thou’s”!

October 8, 2015 at 4:28 pm
    • morgana

Yes there was always a hymn at holy communion.It is quite sad save from the end of mass hymn occasionally that hymns have disappeared during mass.Even with the end of hymn mass I think someone made the point previously it is always restricted to the usual one or two same hymns when there are abundance of beautiful hymns that we all know could be sung.

October 8, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Morgana,

I agree. I remember somebody saying we could buy the old hymns on CD but where? Also, how can we be sure they’re tunes we know and not American or English tunes? Does anybody know?

October 8, 2015 at 3:18 pm
      • Christina

Hey MM, watch it! 😈 when I was a young lass hiking round Scotland many moons ago, I never heard any hymns sung in the churches there that were any different in words or music from the ones I sang in England. The American ones, now, they’re a different matter. 😁

October 8, 2015 at 11:53 pm
      • Vianney

We are very lucky in that we sing a great variety of hymns.

October 8, 2015 at 11:37 pm

Yes, you do have a great variety of hymns over there in Edinburgh. It’s just a pity you lot can’t sing!

Kidding!

October 9, 2015 at 12:09 am
      • Vianney

Oh dear Editor, and there was me going to ask the choir mistress if you could join the choir.

October 10, 2015 at 9:07 pm
  • Frankier

Clotilde

There are a lot more communicants now than ‘in the old days’.

In the ‘(g)olden days’ people didn’t receive communion unless they felt they were in a state of grace and that meant having been to confession within the previous few weeks.

Even having taken a drink of water after twelve the previous night would have been enough to stop someone from receiving.

October 7, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Frankier,

Well, it shouldn’t since water was allowed at any time. I’ve heard that before and it really irks me because it’s that sort of mistake by ignorant laity that brings unwarranted criticism on the Church.

October 7, 2015 at 9:48 pm
      • Christina

That’s a bit hard Ed! An awful lot of us were ignorant of this in the good old days. Most of us thought that fasting from midnight meant not even having water, and someone always fainted during Mass!

October 7, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Christina,

Apologies – in that case, you were not given a fair deal by your priest(s). I distinctly remember being taught, prior to First Communion, that the one thing we could take right up to the last minute, so to speak, was water. I’m always amazed that some people were NOT taught that. Anyway, nobody could accuse YOU of being ignorant laity, Christina, so my humble apologies – with bells on. I could never think badly of you. You’ll always be my friend – you know too much … !

October 7, 2015 at 11:19 pm
      • Frankier

Ed

I don’t even remember my first communion never mind what was taught before it.

October 8, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Frankier,

Anything to do with food and drink is imprinted on my memory from my earliest days! Ask me what I did with the pen I was holding five minutes ago, and you’ve lost me. Food and drink, though? Trust me. I never forget a rule, except the ones they peddle over at Scottish Slimmers… 😀

October 8, 2015 at 8:05 pm
      • crofterlady

Editor, Frankier and Clothilde are correct. I remember that, on the morning of my First Holy Communion, a girl put her mouth under the tap in the playground, and she was sent home! Fact. She had to wait until the following year.

October 8, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Crofterlady,

I recall from previous discussions on this that Canon Law (1917) required an absolute fast from food and drink from midnight for those over 21 although not sure if any modifications were brought in (I think there was a motu proprio on the subject at the time of Pius XII, but can’t recall details.) Anyway, Canon Law, 1917 code addressed fasting for those over 21 until about 60-ish. I was only seven when I made my First Communion. I know that we were permitted water and I remember clearly that that permission lasted (in my parish at least!) until the new three hour fast was introduced. We were frequently reminded of the fasting rules by our, at that time, very strict parish priest, now, undoubtedly, looking down in horror at what is going on around us. And I don’t mean the fasting law.

What they did in your parish or Frankier’s parish or Clothilde’s parish, I haven’t a clue. But I know what I was taught and to this day I take a glass of water before leaving for Mass. Water and medicine were the exceptions to the fasting rule – I had that drummed into me from my preparation for First Holy Communion days.

Add to that the fact that there was a jug of water and glasses available at the back of the church for those who felt faint or otherwise not very well. I remember having to go out during Mass at the time of the midnight fast, and the men joking that “she knows what we put in this water…”

So, as I say, what happened in other parishes, I haven’t a clue, but I know what I was taught. As for that person who sent the child home and made her wait another year for her First Holy Communion, just because she took some water, that is the kind of nonsense that brought the Church into disrepute and gave the daft “liberals” their opening to make sweeping changes that put a glass of water before Holy Communion well and truly in the shade. Crackers. I wonder what became of that child? Probably joined the movement for the ordination of women…

Here endeth the lesson…

October 8, 2015 at 7:55 pm

That’s what I was taught also, Editor.

October 8, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Therese,

I take it the cheque arrived in the post then? 😀

October 8, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Yes, but it wasn’t signed……I’m sure just an oversight……

October 9, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Therese,

Just forge “Miss McMoneypenny” and it’ll get through. I’ll be having words with her about her inefficiency – worry not…

October 9, 2015 at 4:08 pm
      • Christina

Why’s poor Clothilde being blamed for wot I sed?

October 9, 2015 at 12:05 am

Cos Crofterlady is mixed up again. And I didn’t notice. What am I LIKE? (Strictly rhetorical question 😀 )

October 9, 2015 at 12:07 am
      • crofterlady

What do you mean by “mixed up AGAIN”?
        Sorry Clothilde for my error.
        And again, we were taught NOT to drink water before Holy Communion. Fact!

October 9, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Crofterlady,

Well, if you were taught that at a time when the 1917 Code of Canon Law was in force, and you were under 21, you were taught the wrong thing. Whoever enforced the strict fast on anyone under 21 and over 60, was disobeying Canon Law.

As it happens, I managed to get into town to Mass this evening and afterwards cornered a lady who was in the same parish in which I grew up, at the same time. We knew each other in our youth. I asked her if she could remember what we were taught about the fasting from midnight rule. She looked puzzled, so I added “was there any exception to the fast?” And she replied immediately “only water”. Then when I said “medicine, as well?” She added, yes, water and medicine.

Clearly, Crofterlady, you were in a very odd parish as you grew up, where a child could be forbidden, on the very day of her First Communion, to make her First Communion – after her mother presumably paid good money to dress her in the traditional wedding garb – and all because she took a drop of water,

The person who forbade that child from making her First Communion lacked both ordinary common sense and a proper Catholic sense of discernment. He or she was (and possibly still is, who knows) a nut. Quite possibly a nut attending the Synod and arguing that adultery is not a sin after all. I mean it – anyone who so lacks common Catholic discernment, is one confused man or woman – or, who knows, these days, possibly both! 😀

October 9, 2015 at 8:38 pm
  • Vianney

What do you think of this?

October 7, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Vianney,

If I were to tell you what I think of that Elvis Hail Mary, I’d be banned from this blog for life !

October 7, 2015 at 11:21 pm
      • Vianney

I knew you’d like it Editor. Lol.

October 8, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Aw well, I think it’s sweet; yes, it’s not “Catholic”, but I’m glad that a non-Catholic would sing such a heartfelt song to Our Blessed Lady. Poor Elvis.

I will now retreat behind the sofa with my hard hat on and with a G&T to await the fall-out.

October 8, 2015 at 4:35 pm
      • crofterlady

Poor Elvis indeed. May his soul rest in peace. I enjoyed listening to it although I wouldn’t want to hear it in church.

October 8, 2015 at 10:59 pm
      • Vianney

I think his heart was in the right place and I’m sure Our Lady was pleased with it.

October 8, 2015 at 11:40 pm
  • Christina

Come back Amazing Grace – all is forgiven.

October 7, 2015 at 10:40 pm

To say the least! Priceless, Christina!

October 7, 2015 at 11:57 pm
    • Michaela

Christina,

LOL! I agree! The Elvis song is terrible!

October 8, 2015 at 2:01 pm
  • Clotilde

Christina, Yes thanks for sticking up for me. I might look weak but there’s good stuff in little parcels.
    I didn’t mind the Elvis song and video.
    On the water before Mass topic- My sister used to faint regularly and we were taught that we could take water before Holy Communion.

Thanks Theresa for the lovely hymns and videos.

October 9, 2015 at 6:32 pm
    • crofterlady

Mea culpa, Clotilde!

October 9, 2015 at 7:02 pm
  • Clotilde

Crofterlady, Seen as how its you I’ll forgive you this once!

Error; I should have said that we were not allowed to drink water before receiving Holy Communion in the good old (obviously sometimes bad)days.

October 9, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Clothilde,

Read my reply to Crofterlady just posted – in the days when the 1917 Code of Canon Law was in force, if you were taught you couldn’t drink water as an exception to the midnight fast rule, and you were under 21 or over 60, then you were taught the wrong thing.

Sue your teachers!

October 9, 2015 at 8:41 pm
      • Christina

Sorry about this, Ed, and even sorrier because I know I’ll fall off the pay-scale for ever 😥 but I must come back to that Eucharistic fast argument. I couldn’t accept that the many priests and teachers responsible for my religious education could all make such a mistake about the fast (that it included fasting from water). Teachers were subjected to ‘religious inspections’, by priests, of their classroom teaching of the faith, and, believe me, no mistakes such as one about the Eucharistic fast would be tolerated.

The 1917 Code of Canon Law, Canon 858:1. simply says “Whoever has not observed a natural fast from midnight cannot be admitted to the most Holy Eucharist…”. Exceptions follow, but water is not mentioned. A natural fast (see the teaching of the Council of Trent on the Eucharistic fast) is fasting from all foods and liquids including water, just as it had been practised through the ages in the universal discipline of the Latin Church.

Commenting on the rule as it appears in the 1917 Code, Fr. Peter Carota says: ” From the 1917 Code of Canon Law we have the fasting rule of nothing, water, liquids or foods from midnight”.

I think the confusion has arisen because of Pope Pius XII’s Apostolic Constitution ‘Christus Dominus’ (1953) in which he decreed that fasting from midnight was to be retained, but that natural water did not now break the fast. Other changes followed thick and fast, but that’s another (sad) story.

So you see, ancient personages like moi, were correctly taught ‘no water’ while the younger (more glamorous, slim, etc.) were correctly taught ‘water OK’. QED

October 10, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Christina,

With all due respect, I think the confusion has arisen because the fact that there is an age specified for the absolute fast is being overlooked by those of you who keep arguing that nobody was permitted to drink water at the time when we were required to fast from midnight. The fact is that the 1917 Code of Canon Law states that the fast which included water, applies to those who are over 21 and under 60.

I was 7 when I made my First Communion, and so the law did not apply to me, or to any other 7 year olds at that time.

I have tried and failed to locate a copy of the 1917 Code of Canon Law on the internet, but found the following pertinent extract on a website where they are citing the 1917 Code:

Canon 1254. 1. The law of abstinence binds all those who have completed seven years of age.

2. All those are bound by the law of fast from the completion of the twenty-first year of age until the beginning of the sixtieth.

To repeat, therefore, the absolute “no water” rule, never applied to me, firstly because at 7 the law did not apply, but also because – as you point out yourself – by the time I made my First Communion, Pope Pius XII had already “decreed that natural water did not now break the fast.”. (Pope Pius XII’s Apostolic Constitution ‘Christus Dominus’,1953)

Since I made my First Holy Communion some time after 1953, then, that relaxation, in addition to the age-limit of the 1917 Code of Canon Law, explains why my memory is very clear and absolutely correct, that we were – legitimately – taught that water and medicine were the exceptions to the strict fasting from midnight rule. And thank goodness for that; enough of us felt sick and had to go to the back, to the church porch for a glass of …. water to prevent us from fainting.

I don’t always detect much sympathy for the young among certain bloggers here (not you, of course, Christina!) so I hesitate to state what I believe to be a very obvious truth, that the Traditional Latin Mass can seem very long to a young person. Expecting us to behave, sit quietly and concentrate, all on an empty stomach, wouldn’t have cut it with those of us classed as terrible sinners! In my own parish it was often very hot. The church was large and always packed. Sometimes there were people standing in the side aisles. Packed into the middle of a pew, a gal could get very faint indeed. I suspect the 1953 relaxation allowing water for all, was a recognition of this difficulty. I’m sure it wasn’t just in my parish that people felt sick and faint during Mass. When the novus ordo was introduced, a few of us felt sick and tired but that’s a whole different story 😀

Anyway, I hope we can agree that there has been some confusion or misunderstanding here, which we have now cleared up – not least because of your information about the 1953 permission from Pius XII to add natural water to the fasting exceptions in force in the 1917 Code.

October 10, 2015 at 11:46 pm
      • Christina

With due respect also, my point was and is that the Eucharistic fast, as prescribed in the 1917 Code was defined as a ‘natural fast’, and included fasting from water. Fact.

In the various posts above it seemed to me that it was stated and understood by more than one blogger that the 1917 Code allowed water, and my intention was to correct that error.

After 1953 that rule was modified and water was allowed. So if one received religious instruction before 1953 one was taught that the Eucharistic fast was total fasting from all food and drink, but if after 1953 one was taught that water was allowed. That is the point I was trying to make – just to show that we were probably all right!

The thing is that the over 21 and under 60 fasting law was not mentioned in our instruction on the Holy Eucharist. I presume this is because we were being educated for life as adult Catholics? Is it not logical to conclude that, as we 7 year olds were not bound to fast, we could, both before and after 1953 have had the full English (or Scottish? Scotch? Scots?) breakfast – the whole nine yards – before going to Holy Communion?

In fact one will not find anything to elaborate on what children were expected to do until in Christus Dominus one reads, in regard to late Masses and people in ‘particular circumstances’ which include: “…children for whom it is difficult to go to church, receive Holy Communion, then return home for breakfast then go to school, for whom even the first Mass of the morning is relatively late…”.

So regardless of the law, children, by devout custom, were expected to fast like adults – which we all did – you with your water and me without. The fact that children were exempt from the fasting law is really irrelevant here.

October 11, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Christina,

I realise now that – since at 7 years of age we were not taught the sources of the rules we were given – I was clearly a beneficiary, so to speak of the 1953 permission for water.

It did not occur to me that there was any such additional document, all I knew was that I was taught very clearly that we had to fast, yes, but not from water. That’s the point I originally tried to make and the rest is, as they say, history! Sorry for any confusion which resulted from my misrepresenting of the “over 21” rule.

So, thank you for clarifying the matter for us – I didn’t know about the 1917 Code of Canon Law or the 1953 permission for water, when I was 7, and all I knew, at start of this discussion, was that I had been taught it was permissible to have a drink of water. Everyone I’ve asked who was in my parish (friends, brother) all remember the same thing. And, so, it transpires, as you say, that we were/are ALL right! Phew! I was at the stage I was wishing I could say in all truth that I must have been wrong, but I knew that that day had not yet dawned…. 😀

October 11, 2015 at 4:07 pm
      • Christina

Having the odd (!) geriatric in the parochial mix adds to the fun when reminiscing, n’est ce pas? The trouble is that usually nobody pays any attention as everyone assumes that one is no longer in full possession of one’s marbles! 😁😊😁😊😁

October 11, 2015 at 5:58 pm
  • Frankier

I have just been reading where a young girl from Berwick is missing, presumably in Scotland. She left home in her car in the early hours of Thursday and hasn`t contacted her family since. She has a young son who is obviously missing her.

I can`t imagine what her family must be suffering.

It takes only a minute to recite the Our Father, three Hail Marys and a Gloria.

In this month of the Holy Rosary can I ask for a minute of your time to recite these three prayers for this poor wee soul`s safe return home.

Thanks.

October 10, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Certainly Frankier. I will do so at once.

October 10, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Thanks, Frankier. I haven’t seen the news today but that is very worrying and of course I will include the missing girl in my prayers for what they are worth.

I also meant to suggest earlier that we might pray especially for an end to the abortion holocaust this month of the Rosary and was reminded just now when I found this very interesting T shirt slogan in my inbox – “Would it bother us more if they used guns?”

October 10, 2015 at 5:39 pm
    • Frankier

Thanks, Therese and Editor.

I will pray also for an end to The Holocaust, capitals intended, that doesn’t get the same publicity as those of the past.

October 10, 2015 at 9:02 pm
  • Spiritus

A friend once related to a group of us how the Rosary had been of great help to him in a time of difficulty. Ill health was causing a great deal of distress in this life and was impacting on his ability to continue working as he had been. His employers were reluctant to retain him as he was no longer able to keep up with the work. One evening, towards the end of the family rosary, the doorbell rang, and standing on the doorstep was an acquaintance who had heard of his trouble and was in a position to help him retain his job and get back on his feet. My friend credits Our Lady of the Rosary with saving his livelihood and his family.

October 10, 2015 at 8:17 pm
  • Frankier

I see that the young missing girl has been found safe and well.

It’s nice to hear of some good news once in a while.

October 10, 2015 at 9:34 pm

That is great news, Frankier. I agree, we don’t get enough good news.

October 12, 2015 at 2:24 pm
  • Clotilde

Frankier,

That’s good news indeed.

The news from the Life News site is encouraging when celebrities come out and speak the truth and are not afraid to broadcast it with a t-shirt slogan. God Bless the man.

Editor. Thanks for the above link.
    Scandalous language from the prominent pro-aborts which shows how the whole business in evil to the core.

October 10, 2015 at 10:01 pm

N O T I C E…

I’ve received the following information by email, and hope to attend so encourage all who can make it to go along:

The dvd ‘Our Lady of Good Success – History. miracles, and prophecies’ explaining the apparitions of our Lady in Quito Eduador, will be shown in the parish hall [Sunday 11th October] evening starting at 7.30pm. A buffet supper will be available from 7.15pm. Tea and coffee will be served after the film.

Immaculate Heart of Mary parish,
    162 Broomfield Rd
    Balornock
    Glasgow
    G21 3UE
    Tel: 0141 558 5025

NOTE: for reasons beyond his control, Father was unable to let us view the Quito DVD. Instead, we viewed a video of the story of St Nicholas Owen, famed for creating the secret places for priests to hide when hunted during the Reformation. The video of Our Lady of Good Success will be shown next Sunday instead. All welcome.

October 11, 2015 at 4:35 pm
  • Margaret Mary October 12, 2015 at 3:35 pm

This photo is of the Fatima Center people handing out rosaries during their procession at the last synod, not this one which is what I thought at first, but I think it’s a great photo and might remind us to pray for the synod, on the eve of the anniversary of the miracle of the sun, tomorrow, 13th.

October 12, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Margaret Mary,

I think I’ve met that lady giving out the rosaries! If she is who I think she is, she’s a very apostolic soul. Lovely photo.

October 14, 2015 at 7:22 pm