State Vs Parents – Scots Father Fights To Protect Family Against Authorities In Scotland AND Ireland…

Update: 19th January, 2016

Following a request from one blogger, Catherine, today’s date, I have decided not to close this thread today after all, but will leave it open, with the rest, until the end of the month as usual.  This allows maximum time for Mr Docherty to respond to the questions raised in the thread.

Update: 17th January, 2016

Please scroll to end of this thread to read the deadline which we have set.  Unless we receive some convincing answers, from Mr Docherty, to the questions raised on this thread, by Tuesday, close of business, this thread will be deleted. Brian DochertyCROPPED

Original Article…

Brian Docherty is a Glaswegian, a teacher, who moved to live and work in Aberdeen.

In summary, Mr Docherty claims that a neighbour asked for “access” to his disabled son, and made clear what he meant by “access”:  this was an approach by a paedophile, alleged Mr Docherty who reported the matter to the police.  According to Mr Docherty, however, instead of investigating the allegation, his family were targeted. You can see Brian’s first video account of what he claims happened here

Eventually, the family travelled to Ireland to spend time there, in the hope of receiving support from the Irish authorities. Instead, the children have been taken into care and questions raised over the mental health of Mr Docherty and his wife.

Videos explaining his situation are available on YouTube and the most recent video is to be found at the foot of the page of the petition which you can sign here.

We are all aware of the way the family unit is being undermined by legislation (the Named Person Scheme springs to mind) and through unnecessary interference by officious social workers etc.  If, therefore, Mr Docherty’s claims have substance, this case gives grave cause for concern. Apparently, Mr Docherty has made efforts to publicise his situation but the mainstream media is not, it seems, interested. This, in itself, seems strange, and triggered our decision to give some publicity to Mr Docherty’s apparent plight here.  If, after all, there is no truth in his allegations, that surely ought to be exposed to protect the integrity of the police and other State agencies and individuals.

For fear of unnecessarily complicating his situation, however, by claims of police corruption, we might discuss whether or not it would be wiser for Brian Docherty to concentrate on getting his children back because they have been taken from him by agents of the State despite the fact that neither he nor his wife have been charged with any crime and – as seems clear from his calm demeanour on the videos – there is nothing wrong with his mental state.  He must be beside himself with worry over his children’s plight, living, to the best of our knowledge,  with strangers in separate foster homes, yet he comes across as an intelligent man, a calm but concerned father – there is nothing of hysteria in his statements.

As well as keeping this family in our prayers, then, is there any advice we can offer to Mr Docherty?  Should he drop his allegations in order to retrieve his children and let those responsible deal with their consciences, or is he right to continue to expose the alleged corruption of the legal systems in both Scotland and  Ireland?

I’ve now had an email from my contact and, to be frank, what I’m hearing is actually unconvincing. I’ve been sent letters he’s written to everybody and their granny, but no replies, not even an acknowledgment, so that’s not evidence of anything. A full blown sceptic might ask if he even posted the letters.

I’ve asked my contact to let Mr Docherty know that unless he comes on here to answer our questions by close of business on Tuesday, I will be deleting this thread. Having Googled his name, I’m finding that just about everything online about him traces back to this thread. Not good enough.

Watch this space. If we don’t hear from Mr Docherty by Tuesday, close of business, it will BE a (blank) space!

January 17, 2016 at 7:17 pm
  • St John Ogilvie

I have read the comments on the blog with great interest.

Everything seems so incredible and exaggerated that it has to be either the ravings of a couple of nut cases, or a conspiracy of enormous proportions.

After all, could a judiciary conspire with corrupt politicians, nobility, and the police to punish good people or families that disagree with what they are doing?

A quick look at the lives of St. John Ogilive, St Oliver Plunket, St. John Fisher, St. Thomas More, St. Joan of Arc, St. Margaret Clitheroe, and so many other Catholic saints and martyrs would provide the answer!

The spiritual descendants of those who condemned our Catholic heroes mentioned above are still in control, and It is the politicians of our country that have ‘legalised ‘ the murder of innocent children before birth and sodomite ‘marriage’, and the judiciary and law enforcement officers will come for you if you put up too much opposition to either of these abominations.

I have a friend in Ireland whom I asked to check out Brian Docherty. My friend said he knew Brian while he was as student in Glasgow, through the pro-life movement. My friend did meet up with Brian at my request, and says he is the is convinced of the truth of Brian’s statements.

Brian and Janis moved to rural Ireland to get away from these people, but they have pursued them. They were not looking for a fight. They has moved house 4 times, and they still purse him and his family.

Their phone is bugged, so they obviously cannot use it. They have contacted me via a secure e-mail provider.

A series of letters were attached, an excerpt of the one to Nicola Sturgeon says:“Someone broke into our house last night and tried to kill us. People broke into our house and set fire to peat with the intention of spreading a fire. Logs, wooden chairs and a basket of kindling had been moved beside the peat. There was no fire on when we went to bed around 11.30pm. Indeed, we could not get the fire to light and the door to the stove was closed.”…“It seems to us the clear intention was to get my wife and I to leave the house due to the fire and then we would be easy prey to be either killed or knocked unconscious and brought back inside to die in a ‘house fire’. Around 7.45 am this morning, still dark but getting light, we heard a Scottish voice shout “f***!”.

I complained about Police Scotland senior officer corruption and criminality against my family back in September 2015 and there has not been any investigation.

When we went downstairs during the night we could not see into the living room it was so thick with smoke.

Half an hour after we had opened a window we were able to see that there was a fire burning on the living room floor.

This is not the first attempt on our lives this week.”

As I said at the beginning, this has to be either the ravings of a couple of nut cases, or a conspiracy of enormous proportions.

I understand fully why people are skeptical, but given the track record of the sons of darkness in this country, I am fearful for this family, and pray for them every day.

January 18, 2016 at 10:23 am

St John Ogilvie,

Thank you for your comment, but I’m afraid it doesn’t answer any of the questions raised, and which I understood Brian Docherty was set to do after his court case in Ireland – assuming there WAS a court case in Ireland.

You see, when there are such fantastic allegations made, with the gaps/questions remaining unanswered, a simple gal like me, tends to doubt everything – absolutely everything – else.

It’s simply not enough to repeat Mr Docherty’s claims. That comes into the category of “well, he would say that wouldn’t he?”

And, with respect, citing the martyrs as examples of injustices akin to the Brian Docherty situation doesn’t work. We know about the martyrs from the pens of various writers,and from eyewitnesses of the time. We only have Brian Docherty’s word for any of his allegations.

My contact told me about the claim that Mr Docherty’s phone is bugged, so I sent a message to him to go to a public phone box and ring me, collect, and I will pay for the call. Reply? He’s way out in no-man’s land with no payphones around. Just gets more and more fantastic, with every email. I mean, there is no way he can get to a public phone? No pubs? No hotels around? No neighbour to whom he can make an excuse to use their phone, collect, won’t cost them a penny? C’mon.

After hearing about this story for a very long time, off and on, and most recently several weeks ago, I gave Mr Docherty the benefit of every doubt and posted this thread. I’m afraid I’ve become less and less convinced of the truth of his claims. I’d love to be proven wrong, but only Mr Docherty or a first hand independent witness will be able to do that. Not just well meaning friends and supporters, repeating his claims and saying they believe him. Or even your friend meeting to hear his story and saying he believes him. I dare say if any of us met him and listened to his story we would believe him. The videos were very convincing. However, the questions remain. If the friend of yours who met him in Ireland can provide answers to any of the questions raised, let’s hear it. Until those questions are answered, however, I will remain, as I started out, not wholly convinced – not wanting to believe that Mr Docherty is not giving us the full story, but not wholly convinced that we have the full picture.

You write:

I reply:

Not necessarily. There might be an in-between explanation, but until we have the answers to our questions, we can’t make that judgment.

January 18, 2016 at 2:05 pm
  • A Child of Mary

Just read your blog.

I am heartbroken for this family, whom I first had contact with through a rosary event several years ago.

When they got the children back the first time, we hoped to meet up with them when they came back for a visit to Scotland, because the judge ruled at that case that they were never to be tried for this ever again, as the psychiatric report established that both parents were sane, sensible, and good parents.

All they want is to get their children back safe and sound, but since the terrible events just before Christmas, they have distraught. But they cannot just do as the court asks, as some of you seem to suggest, as it it is not that simple. The court insist that Brian and Janis have another examination by a psychiatrist of the court’s choosing this time. They tried to do this before, but the previous jusge ruled that they could use their own psychiatrist.

The Docerty’s knew full well that the court was trying to have them sectioned, and the children taken off them permanently.

At the moment their children are seperated, and they can only their children for one hour a week, and that is supervised.

The pressures over the past two years have horrendous for them. I cannot begin to tell you.

January 18, 2016 at 10:47 am

A Child of Mary,

As Athanasius explained above, the law seems to be very strict about sectioning people and it is not an easy thing to do, due to the safeguards apparently in place. I’m no expert, but I would think that no court, no judge could be given responsibility for declaring someone insane on the say-so of one biased psychiatrist.

I find all the claims of trying to kill them etc. too incredible. Government agents do kill people but they pick their targets carefully and “take them out” speedily, leaving no trace. I’ve seen the movies! To suggest that the “powers that be” would make successive attempts to kill Mr Docherty, failing every time, and for nothing more than making an allegation that the cops don’t like, is just stretching even my fertile imagination a tad too far.

My offer to take his call from a public phone box collect, stands. In his place, I’d walk all night to find a public phone, if that’s what it took to get the facts out there.

January 18, 2016 at 2:12 pm
      • LadyCáit

Also..just as a poing of logic, so what if his phone is “bugged?” He has lost his children and claims attempts are made on his life. The worst has happened. Even if the authorities are indeed eavesdropping, so what? Why does that prevent him from telephoning thr editor? What worse reprocussions could happen from what the authorities overhear? The father seems to have no fear of detailing his case on YouTube videos, the cat is out of the bag. I don’t think the logic follows.
        I say this as a Catholic homeschooling mom who is a huge family rights advocate and who totally believes that social services are just a Marxist conspiracy.

January 18, 2016 at 11:59 pm

LadyCáit,

I agree about the logic. As you say, he didn’t think twice about making those YouTube videos, so what’s the problem with being overheard on the phone. The man’s got nothing to lose now, so he should do whatever it takes to get his children back, if the only reason they’ve been taken is because he made the paedophile allegation against his neighbour.

I’m afraid I’m one of those who is less trustful now that the questions have not been answered and hearing the new claims about his house being burned, phone bugged etc.

I am praying for this family, though. There’s obviously something wrong, so I’m keeping them in my daily prayers.

January 19, 2016 at 12:12 am
  • Catherine

Dear Editor,

I would request that you keep this discussion thread open, at least, a little longer.

I do think this man is in genuine trouble, and afraid to speak up since the outcome of his latest court appearance on 13th and 14th January. Whatever the outcome from that hearing, he is obviously afraid to say more, especially if he has been commanded not to talk about it any further and be threatened with imprisonment as a result, thus putting himself in a more difficult position of getting his children back.

I don’t know the whole case, however, but it is rather suspicious and in light of the Hollie Greig, which was also alleged to be connected to this same ‘paedophile ring’, which I followed at the time, maybe you could keep the thread open just in case something else happens, and Mr. Docherty may then have access to a media platform, as he may need a little more time to think his next steps through.

My advice to him is to weigh up everything and decided if it is worth ‘calling their bluff’, and getting his full story out there now. He should pray for the virtues of fortitude and prudence in this next step.

My second piece of advice to Mr. Docherty would be this: If you (Mr. Docherty) decided to buy a cheap mobile phone and call the Editor of Catholic Truth, be assured that what you say will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.

January 19, 2016 at 4:37 pm
    • LadyCáit

Catherine,
      I love your beautiful “avatar!”
      I think based on your comments you have not seen the video “endagate” or with the guinea pig. I think the editor’s stance is the right one.
      What’s scary is how real this could be. Not this case literally as presented by the father, but the fact that it is plausible says a lot about our understanding of the anti-family agenda.

January 19, 2016 at 6:40 pm
      • Catherine

LadyCait,

I thought I had seen the video with the Guinea pig but I don’t know what you mean exactly in your post to me. Sorry, maybe I’m not thinking clearly. Can you explain it to me.

Thanks

January 19, 2016 at 10:07 pm
      • LadyCáit

Catherine,
        As I stated before, I feel really mixed about describing removed videos but so that I am clear and not just insinuating…
        Two videos formed the opinion I have shared.
        1. The father accusing Kenny of poisoning his water
        2. The mother wondering how all this is affecting the pets. Not completely insane of course in and of itself, but unusual in a way that helped form my opinion.
        For the record. Whatever is going on, and I don’t know, I think almost never should children be snatched and reassigned homes. In a variety of circumstances of non-ideal patenting, there are still better ways.
        I also think that even when we don’t have a “perfect” victim it is still about state control of families. My friend is a social worker and says “the public believes it’s the worst cases of abuse that get taken into care, but it’s really a random sampling of the bottom 10% of parents. Actually abuse is rare among children in care. Mostly just taken from parents who are alcoholics, petty criminals, disorganised..etc” the targets of the state, traditional Chistians, need not be the ones directly affected. It’s enough for the system to operate and be present as a threat. So scary.

January 19, 2016 at 10:26 pm
      • Catherine

Lady Cait,

I watched the videos only once, I watched 10 of the 28 videos on YouTube. I obviously didn’t hear Mrs. Docherty say that about the pets. Personally, although I am not an animal lover, I don’t see why the importance of how this is affecting the pets is important in the grand scale of things. Some people I know seem to put animals on the same level of people, something I don’t understand. Regarding the mention of the water being poisoned. Maybe this did happen and if he was being rightly advised, he maybe should have omitted that our so as not to sound like a ‘nut. as once his case has been accepted and investigated as valid, everything else would come out in the wash so to speak. I agree, that when you put al the things together, it does sound crazy but that’s not to say it isn’t true. As I say Mr. Docherty, if he is telling the truth, is on his own dealing with a hugh situation which is outwith the normal realms of everyday problems of family life – Mr. Docherty needs good advice of what to do and say and how best to proceed. Regarding Social Services, I have read and heard enough stories, simply not too trust them for a second. Most professions now have ‘gone down the tubes’.

January 20, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Catherine,

Since you put the case so eloquently, I will keep the thread open, with the rest, until the end of the month. I usually close all the threads at the end of each month, so, in an effort to be as fair as possible, I won’t make this thread the exception, after all.

I do hope Mr Docherty does either come on here to explain his situation personally, or rings me – and yes, he can be assured of my confidence in the sense that, if I am able to reassure the bloggers here that I’ve had the answers to specific key questions, although not free to publish them at this time, I think that would be acceptable to one and all.

LadyCáit,

I think that Catherine knows a great deal about Mr Docherty – she has been following his case for a long time now, if I’m not mistaken (though I might well be, since she also mentions the Hollie Greig case, so maybe I’m a bit mixed up on that); in any event, she is, herself, I recall from her contributions to the Named Person discussion, very concerned about the anti-family agenda and activities which can militate against families, e.g. trying to raise their children outside the PC box, so to speak!

So, at the risk of appearing to be weak, I’m agreeing to her request to leave the thread open. Perhaps, who knows, we’ll receive the answers to the questions raised after all, which won’t be possible if I stick to my original decision to close it.

Signed: Weak, Glasgow…

January 19, 2016 at 6:46 pm
  • Concerned

Have there been any updates on this..?

February 5, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Concerned,

As far as I know, things are just the same. Will alert those who are in touch with Mr Docherty to your question, and let you know if things have changed. I am sure I did receive an email about a week ago but for the life of me can’t locate it. Hang in there – all will be revealed in due course!

February 5, 2016 at 10:41 pm
    • Concerned

Thankyou. Have you a private email i could contact you on?

February 6, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Concerned,

I have received the following update:

Brian and Janice managed to find a solicitor to represent them, and had a court case last Monday, but the opposition asked the judge to postpone the case to a later date, , which the judge granted. They still do not have their children back.

Meanwhile, the landlord has forced them to leave their accommodation, and they are presently looking for somewhere to stay. They need lots of prayers. END OF UPDATE

You ask if I have a private email for you to contact me. The emails sent to editor@catholictruthscotland.com arrive directly into my inbox, so feel free to contact me on that. Nobody else reads the editor@ emails, be assured.

February 6, 2016 at 8:59 pm

UPDATE…

Without going into details, which I am not free to divulge, we have done all the investigating possible and have concluded that – given the failure of Brian Docherty to come on to the blog as he indicated he would, to answer the questions raised here – we are unable to support his claims.

We urge everyone to pray for this family, as something is certainly amiss, but we cannot ascertain that Mr Docherty’s various allegations are true, and, in fact, considering all the information available at this time, we believe they lack credibility.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread.

February 8, 2016 at 10:08 am