Should We Kill Rapists, Not Babies?

Should We Kill Rapists, Not Babies?

From February 10 to March 20, our community will take part in 40 Days for Life … a groundbreaking, coordinated international  mobilization. We pray that, with God’s help, this will mark the beginning of the end of abortion in our city [Glasgow] — and beyond.  Source

animatedbabyIn the Scottish print media, the above pro-life event is being portrayed as a militant US style attack on women going into hospitals/clinics for abortions.  Not so, of course, it’s a peaceful, prayerful vigil, that’s all, but, hey, when did any media hack let the truth get in the way of their bigoted bias, if you get my drift…

This article in The Scotsman is a classic  example of the shallowness of the pro-abortion industry and its supporters.  Penned by Muriel Gray, who passes for a “celebrity” or “personality” in Scotland, it is full of the daft hyperbole that presents the pregnant woman as a wee, mousy, terrified gal, who is likely to buckle when she sees a handful of folk fingering their rosary beads outside the place where she is about to take the life of her unborn child. Legally, of course.  Don’t get me wrong.  She’s not doing anything criminal in the eyes of the law in Scotland today.  It’s just not legal to smoke in a restaurant or say something “offensive” about same-sex “marriage” but killing an unborn baby? Nope, that’s fine. That’s legal.

I decided to post this thread after reading the (at the time) two comments underneath Mzzzzz Gray’s Scotsman piece.  The second comment handed out the old chestnut, “what if the woman had been raped” [it’s then OK to abort the baby…]

I remembered seeing the headline “Why Do We Kill Babies Instead Of Rapists?” on a Lifesitenews report some time ago and thought, what the heck, let’s reflect on that sentiment here to challenge the oppressors, not just of free speech, but of free prayer and free movement.  Mzzzz Gray thinks it’s OK to protest, as long as the protest takes place outside Parliament, not outside hospitals.  My reply:  mind your own business. I’m not taking orders from you and your ilk as to where I pray my swears… Gerragrip wummin!

Comment:

Rape is a truly terrible crime.  Everyone agrees on that, and we know that death is a highly likely outcome for one of those involved.  But why should it be one of the innocents; why, in fact, the most innocent of all human beings, the most vulnerable, the baby in the womb?  If someone has to die as a result of rape, why not the guilty man – the rapist?

• christiana

As it happens I am on holiday in Dubai for a few days. One can see the most beautiful girls veiled, some in the full niqab, elegant, with toddlers scampering behind, or one can observe Western girls in “barely there” outfits. Imposed modesty or no modesty? Just occasionally I find myself thinking how easy it would be to throw on a burka to cover my ample frame and not worry!

February 2, 2016 at 6:05 am
  • Wendy Walker

Lots of love and special blessings to all who participate in 40 Days for LIfe …perhaps those lucky enough to go will give us little snippets of how your experience was..?… It will make interesting reading …if you cannot go please remember to pray at home especially for 40 days including a Novena

February 10, 2016 at 10:30 am

Wendy,

I’m planning to be there on Sunday.

So far, I’ve heard from quite a few who’ve attended that the group have had good responses, plenty of car horns tooting in support and so on. I’ll report back when I’ve been there myself.

February 24, 2016 at 5:09 pm

I went with 3 Protestant friends to Newcastle on Tuesday to protest abortion; we held placards, and my brave friend addressed the crowds passing. It was excruciating; we were met with strong hostility, especially from young men. There was a definite atmosphere of suppressed violence. One older gentleman came up and asked if he could also stand holding a placard, which was the only highlight. I did have some serious conversation with two young men (who were not aggressive); one of them said he was a lawyer – he doesn’t believe in right or wrong – it’s all about perception, apparently. It explains some of the decisions one reads about in court cases, I suppose.

February 24, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Therese,

Well done – that was a brave thing to do.

And on top of all the rest of the chaos, we now hear of a lawyer who doesn’t believe in right and wrong. Eh? Crazy. Let’s hope he’s never made a judge. After all the “perception” of most robbers is that they need the money and there are plenty of murderers who think they’re doing society a favour by removing certain people from the planet.

February 25, 2016 at 2:01 pm
  • Wendy Walker

Dear All …very important and urgent news ..WONDERFUL NEWS
    A bravelady has started a Petition stating stop funding NHS abortions

PLEASE SIGN AND ASK OTHERS TO ALSO

The more the critical word is spread the more babies could be saved its happened in 40 DAYS FOR LIFE TOO
    Prayers please for this Petitions success …thank you

February 24, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Thank you for the link – I’ve just signed the petition.

February 24, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Signed.

February 24, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Duly signed.

February 24, 2016 at 8:46 pm
  • Wendy Walker

Thank you so much everyone who has signed ………I am so grateful
    A couple of people told me they had trouble signing so I contacted The Govt Petition to alert them ..I am just hoping it has not in some way been sabotaged because of its Pro Life ethos ….I am hoping I am totally wrong of course and its just a technical blip we really do need every precious signature thank you all again

February 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
  • Wendy Walker

Good news regarding Scottish 40 Days ….excellent Patricia
    Do not be dismayed re Newcastle …Pro Life people must be brave and the more Souls venture out the more I feel will join …….
    Sadly people have such bizarre ideas and use all sorts of excuses to cover either their own guilt or shame or they just do not have a practical answer ……sadly of course are totally ignorant about life within the womb ..and the terrible trauma of abortion .
    I am sure any Pro Life event will be very greatly enriched with your Prayerful presence God Bless You all…brilliant

February 25, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Wendy,

Circumstances have conspired to make it impossible for me to get to the 40 Days event in Glasgow tomorrow, so I am determined to get there during the week at some point. I will report back then – promise!

February 27, 2016 at 7:15 pm
  • Wendy Walker

40 Days for Life
    Dear WENDY,

The secular media can be very skeptical of a 40 Days for Life campaign – especially when it’s going into a new country.

That was the case in Scotland, where the media labeled 40 Days for Life as “controversial U.S. style anti-abortion campaigning.” I know it’s a mouthful, but that’s what they came up with.

However, now that 40 Days for Life has been – as promised – peacefully carried out in Scotland over the past few weeks, the media has altered their tone … and the vigil is getting results!

I know you’ll be inspired by the leaders in Scotland, where I visited earlier in the campaign.

They have overcome much adversity … and they share their courage and enthusiasm with me and Robert Colquhoun, our international campaign director, in this podcast episode flavored with American, English and Scottish voices.

(If you haven’t done so already, please help spread the word about the 40 Days for Life podcast by rating and reviewing it on iTunes.)

Glasgow, Scotland

“We are gathering so many stories from people coming over to talk to us outside of the hospital,” said Rose in Glasgow. “It is very inspiring.”

This vigil takes place outside a brand new hospital that draws traffic from all parts of central Scotland.

“While it true to say that we have had the occasional aggressive comment,” she said, “we realise that behind such experiences often there is deep pain and so we continue to pray.”

One doctor told Rose that there were many conversations going on inside the hospital about 40 Days for Life. Patients looking out the window often see the volunteers praying in the cold and the rain.

“It rained practically non-stop for a full week,” she said, and people have offered them coffee, food – and even new umbrellas.

“Without exception, when we explain what the scale of the abortion crisis is in Scotland – 900 children dying each month – people are shocked and horrified,” Rose said.

“We ask them to reflect upon this information. It can truthfully be stated that 40 Days for Life in Scotland is helping to raise awareness about abortion.”

Nottingham, England

“The weather was foul,” said John in Nottingham. “Cold and very wet.”

Nonetheless, he said, a woman in her 80s arrived to pray around lunchtime. She had taken two buses from her home just to make it to the vigil – in spite of the rain – to support those who were praying on behalf of the babies.

“She needed physical support to stand with us,” John said, “but she prayed with us for an hour.”

Such signs of encouragement have become quite comforting in the wake of the verbal abuse hurled at the vigil participants – “mostly by random angry young men, unaware of the irony of using threatening language to say we are intimidating women, in front of women volunteers.”

The group received additional affirmation from a young man and woman who stopped by to talk to them – and thank them for being there.

She had been pregnant a while back and many people had tried to persuade her to have an abortion. Despite all the pressure, she had the baby.

“It was only a brief encounter,” said one of the volunteers, “but it left us smiling!”

Here’s today’s devotional from Carmen Pate of Alliance Ministries.

Day 21 intention

Pray that we each will daily put on the full armor of God, so that we are strong in the Lord and the power of His might.

Scripture

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all, to stand.

— Ephesians 6:12-13

Reflection from Carmen Pate

I am confounded to see how the battle over the issue of life is perceived more often in churches today as political rather than spiritual. Ironically, the enemy has used this twisted perception to silence many in the body of Christ.

We must see the battle for what it is and if we are to be prepared to face the spiritual enemy on the issue of abortion, we must daily “put on” the armor God has given us:

Gird your waist with Truth (vs. 14) — Commit your emotions to believe truth and to speak truth, regardless of the repercussions.

Put on the breastplate of Righteousness (vs. 14) -It will protect our hearts — the innermost springs of our beings — from all unrighteousness so evident in this fallen world.

Shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace. (vs. 15) — Preparation is vital if we are to be effective in God’s work.

Taking the shield of faith (vs.16) — The Accuser will instill doubt, fear, and guilt. Faith acts as an invisible shield that deflects such false accusations.

Taking the Helmet of salvation (vs.17) — A helmet protects the head, the brain and in turn our mind and thoughts. Satan hopes we will set aside divine revelation for human reasoning.

Taking the sword of the Spirit (vs.17) — The Word of God, the only offensive weapon in this armor, was used by the Lord Jesus against Satan. The living Word is powerful and effective.

Our armor is complete. We are ready to wage war, and the next verse tells us how, “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit.” (vs.18)

Prayer

Dear Lord, as you lead us into the spiritual battle of abortion may we be reminded that the battle is truly Yours. We thank you for equipping us with Your armor. Lead us daily to put it on!

Thank you for allowing us to serve under your command, and for hearing our requests for direction and protection. Thank you for the victory that is ours because of Your Son, Jesus, Amen.

Printable devotional

To download today’s devotional as a formatted, printable PDF to share with friends:

For life,

Shawn Carney

SHAWN CARNEY
    President
    40 Days for Life

Share:

If you no longer wish to receive 40 Days for Life devotionals, prayers, breaking news, hope-filled reports of lives saved, and solutions to help end abortion where you live, click this link: Unsubscribe

40 Days for Life 4112 E 29th St. Bryan, Texas 77802 United States (888) LIFE-316

Here is todays news from DAYS FOR LIFE …SCOTLAND AND NOTTINGHAM REPORTS

March 1, 2016 at 10:49 am

Wendy,

That’s a fabulous report and shows the journalists were wrong in their original reports.

“There is also a feminist group orchestrating an online petition, complaining that the prayer teams are harassing patients, using verbal abuse, and causing vandalism. “And just in case you aren’t absolutely certain,” John added, “no, we haven’t done any of those things!”

The whole “pro-choice” case is based on a lie so we should not be too surprised at the lies they continually tell about the pro-life movement.

March 1, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Wendy, et al,

At last, I managed to get along to the 40 Days For Life event, outside the Maternity Hospital at the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Glasgow.

There were only about a half-dozen people there, praying the Stations of the Cross when I arrived in the company of my beloved 13 year old Great Nephew, Christopher.

We were given placards to hold (or place in front of us) which carried statements such as “Pray for an end to abortion” (mine) and “Choose Life” etc.

Several cars tooted in support, and some people called out “well done” types of encouragement from the windows of their cars. One of the group told us that several doctors had come over to shake hands with each of them and thank them for what they are doing, as they hate what is going on but feel unable to do anything about it. That was encouraging to hear.

I got into conversation with a couple of women – one said that she was a sometime Catholic Truth reader (I think she reads it when a friend passes her copy on) and the other, a lady of the older generation, told me that she was a “Eucharistic minister” (Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion). Which of course, was a red rag to a bull. She actually agreed with me that no lay person should be in that role, touching the Blessed Sacrament etc. and agreed that there was a lot of confusion around, but then she raised another red rag (Medjugorje) and the “bull” got to work again. On Medjugorje, she could not be budged. Apparently her rosary had turned to gold during a visit there. When I said that this was evidence of diabolical activity, she was just astonished. I scribbled down the details of our Conference, with contact address to order a ticket, so please pray that she decides to come along.

The ignorance, the sheer Protestantism that has taken hold of so many Catholics who should know better, as I’m afraid I pointed out to her – in her age group and mine, there is just no excuse for gong along with the craziness of Vatican II.

Anyway, we left after about an hour, having managed to fit in a Rosary in between discussions with the very kindly and well meaning “Eucharistic minister”, because we’d planned to head for Mass in Balornock (there is a TLM there on a Thursday – and Tuesday – at 6.15pm) but by the time we had completed the bus journeys to where my car was parked, we were too late. Given the traffic on the motorway, we’d have been just in time for the morning Mass 😀

Hopefully, we’ll make it back to the 40 Days for another hour or two either before it finishes on the Feast of St Joseph, 19th March, or on the closing day itself.

March 3, 2016 at 7:29 pm

I forgot to say I’m way behind with closing the threads, so the January threads, including this one, will be closed soon. If anyone else has made it to the 40 Days, please let us know here until it is closed, and, thereafter, on the GD thread. Thank you!

March 3, 2016 at 8:37 pm
  • Wendy Walker

Wonderful account well done PAtricia ..found the part about Drs finding it so hard so moving ..they must be encouraged to leave these evil jobs ….and well done to your Gt Nephew too .It is funny how much other “”evils “”””you find out about isnt it .?….and also how people like sheep follow Iknow deeply devout people who believe in Medujorge and the gold Rosary happenings …sad really …Let us hope thanks to your and Christophers precious presence and sincere Prayer it registered somewhere out of this Earthly dimension of sin and pain and Babies were saved …wonderful …and doors may open at that hospital for these caring Drs to leave ….
    Also please anyone who HASNT signed the Petition to stop abortions on the NHS ..PLEASE do and ask others to as well it is a golden chance for us
    A huge WELL DONE to all who go outside this 40 Days for Life ..Thank you

March 4, 2016 at 10:16 am

Wendy,

Yes, the news of the doctors was very heartening to hear – I only hope they plant as many seeds as they can in the minds of the abortionists, as it’s really important that more and more doctors get to the stage where they cannot perform these murderous operations.

Perhaps if more abortionists were exposed to those who have given up the industry, it would help. Click here to read about one such doctor.

I plan to return to the 40Days event in Glasgow so will leave this thread open until then and close after final report(s) – or at the end of the 40 Days vigil.

March 4, 2016 at 11:16 am

Wendy,

That is a marvellous story. Absolutely amazing. Thank you for posting the link.

March 7, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I’m told that the pro-abortionists are planning a counter demonstration this coming Thursday to challenge the 40 Days for Life vigil. I’m planning to be there and my Great Nephew is keen to go along again, as well.

I hope as many of our bloggers as possible, will attend. We’ll go along a bit earlier this week, in the hope of making it to the Balornock Mass as well.

March 7, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Update

I went along again today to the Vigil and was disappointed to hear the “third mystery of light” announced on arrival. I approached the organiser to say that these new “mysteries of light” are meant to be an option, so perhaps it would be better, in future, to stick to the traditional rosary, revealed by Our Lady to St Dominic, as it was impossible for me to join in these new “mysteries”. None too pleased, but there it is. Can’t go anywhere these days without being confronted with the modernism imbued in Catholic souls today.

Add to that the arrival of a young man, tall, dark and (well, two of three ain’t bad…) who stood in front of us and rattled off his opinion about us, causing trauma in the hospital, trauma to thee women who have made a serious decision blah blah, on and on until he described us a “horrible people” and suggested we go home. He went first.

There will be a minibus leaving Immaculate Heart of Mary parish, Balornock, next Tuesday at 10 am, returning by 1 pm for anyone who would like to go along to the vigil from there.

March 10, 2016 at 9:31 pm