Pope’s UnChristian Attack On Trump

Pope’s UnChristian Attack On Trump

Pope Francis continues to hit the headlines – this time declaring that Donald Trump, US politician and presidential candidate, is “not Christian”.  Click here to read one of the many reports available across the internet, and to see the Pope on video, speaking his mind to the journalists.

Then watch the short video below, where Donald Trump hits back, calling the Pope’s judgment on him “disgraceful”.

Comment…

The Pope will tolerate abortion (let’s not “obsess” about the murder of innocent babies) and he answers: “Who am I to judge?” when asked about homosexuality. Those who are living in sin, whether divorced and “remarried” or in civil homosexual partnerships, are to be welcomed and perhaps even permitted to approach for Holy Communion.  Donald Trump is the exception to all this “mercy “and tolerance.  Why?  Is a political party policy, or a personal opinion on  immigration – or any other social issue – more important than God’s natural moral law designed to safeguard human life, from the moment of conception, and traditional family life?

Is the Pope right to tell the world that a US presidential candidate is “not Christian”  just because he disagrees with his politics or is it Papa Francis who lacks the Christian spirit?

• Dano

you DO NOT CARE if a fellow brother is christian.yet get yourself in a frenzy, because another fellow brother may not be Christian????. I would seek wisdom from Agnes !!

February 27, 2016 at 8:15 pm
    • Seeking Wisdom

Trump for Pope 🙂

February 28, 2016 at 12:47 am
    • Trollfinder General

Looks like the troll is back under a new name . . .

February 28, 2016 at 10:03 am

Well spotted “Trollfinder General”!

February 28, 2016 at 1:38 pm
      • Trollfinder General

At your service, Athanasius. He seems to particularly single out Editor and you. Have you annoyed anyone recently who looks like this?

February 28, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Trollfinder General

I know who that is all right, but I assure that the girlfriend and I are getting along just fine since I gave her the laptop.

February 28, 2016 at 4:32 pm
      • Trollfinder General

Your girlfriend is Dano? Hope not!

February 28, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Trollfinder General,

I’m sure that when she is not quite so green with envy you will quickly realise that it’s not Dano. The things we’ll do to get our hands on a rather large dowry!

February 28, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Dano

You’re the only one who sounds like s/he’s in a frenzy.

February 28, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Seeking Wisdom

Yes! And we can change the name of Vatican City to Trumpton!

February 28, 2016 at 12:50 am
    • diamhuireduit

Go to bed its the best medicine!

February 28, 2016 at 1:43 am
    • Seeking Wisdom

I sincerely hope that one day we will be blessed with a pope who will make the Catholic Church great again ! Meanwhile, may the Donald deliver us from HELLary. Goodnight everyone.

February 28, 2016 at 3:20 am
      • Nicky

Seeking Wisdom,

“HELLary” – LOL!

February 29, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Please note, I have been offline having lost my broadband connection. I am still having problems replying to emails. I can now download and read them, but am getting a message to say I can’t send out replies. Mystery.

I note there is concern that Dano is the troll returned yet again. This is truly worrying – if this is the same person who is fixated with this blog and publishing comments in high volume and always challenging Catholic Tradition, then I am going to block him yet again. The fact that he is so inventive as to by-pass the scrutiny system makes me wonder about his mental state. We’re a small outfit, not particularly influential, so why he feels he has to disrupt us constantly, puzzles me to death.

As soon as I have time to study his posts and make a decision – I will do so.

February 29, 2016 at 9:12 am
    • Anthony

I had my first post published but not my second. Have I been blocked?

Ed: I don’t see any post from you that is in moderation and I haven’t blocked you. However, you are definitely under suspicion of being a troll so I suggest that you organise an avatar to indicate that you plan to be a serious blogger here. Otherwise, if you appear to be trolling, you WILL be kept in moderation – which is where you are at the present time. In other words, all your comments will be read by me in advance and only released if they are deemed to be serious contributions, not troublemaking. So, if your “missing” comments was designed to disrupt and it came in with a bunch of others, it may well have been permanently deleted. Oops!

February 29, 2016 at 9:33 am
      • Anthony

This is only my third post, and, now, two of them of them have been published. I have no connection whatsoever “with a bunch of others”!

Editor: well, keep it that way! Let’s see that avatar.

February 29, 2016 at 9:54 am