Kasperite Parish – Preferred Model

Kasperite Parish – Preferred Model

Mystery – this article has disappeared.  Will investigate and hopefully re-instate it. In the meantime, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Some time later:  mystery unsolved.  However, click here to read other article on the topic…

• RCA Victor

Years ago, in reference to our friends the baby-killers, I called this effort to democratize and Luther-ize the Church, and to eliminate the priesthood through the so-called “universal priesthood of all believers,” “Planned Fatherhood.” The holy priesthood has always been the target of choice for the Devil and his minions.

The ever-accelerating process of “reform” (that is, destruction) calls to mind two things: one, the Parable of the Unjust Steward, and two, an astute observation by St. Pius X in Pascendi. The “reformers” are the children of this world (in this case, those who worship human respect), who are wiser than the children of light (those who hold fast to the Faith), and sure enough, they have outmaneuvered us at every turn – with one exception, Archbishop Lefebvre and the SSPX. The passage in Pascendi remarks on the untiring zeal and devious resourcefulness of the Modernists.

However, I think there are two different motivations for this zeal (I would even call it a messianic zeal): one, the zeal of those (i.e. Freemasons and Communists) who directly serve the Devil, and thus who hate the Church and sleeplessly plot for her destruction. That zeal is based on hatred. Two, the zeal of the useful idiots who think they know what is best for the Church – better than Our Lord, the Apostles, the Fathers and Doctors of the Church and all the saints. This zeal is based on pride.

The second type of zeal is much more difficult, in my opinion, to remedy, because it is exactly like the zeal of the Communists, whose collective eye, fixed upon an illusory Utopia, rationalizes and excuses the butchery of millions and the destruction of civilization as merely a temporary and necessary phase which will result, some day, in the establishment of a paradise on earth (the “dictatorship of the proletariat.”) The Kaspers, Bergoglios and Schonborns of the Church, like the Communists, are not fazed one bit by all the obvious results of their “reforms” – no, their response to empty churches, empty seminaries, widespread confusion and heresy is that their “reforms” haven’t gone far enough! More are needed to arrive at this new, healthy Church!

It seems to me that the only thing that can cause the scales to fall from their eyes is the Consecration of Russia. Which will, perhaps, be precipitated by an attack on Rome by ISIS (or, perhaps, the Consecration will come first).

April 26, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Since ISIS have said openly that their chief target is Rome, I think you’re onto something there!

April 26, 2016 at 11:29 pm
      • Christina

Especially since His Holiness is so keen on wheeling Trojan horses into Rome. I really think the plans of ISIS must be well advanced by now, and that we don’t have long to wait. Actually I was offered a trip to Rome this year, and refused because I truly fear the worst.

April 27, 2016 at 11:29 am
    • Gerontius

What an excellent post. Many thanks indeed

April 26, 2016 at 11:48 pm

RCA Victor

I can only echo Gerontius – excellent. (Is Editor paying you extra??)

April 28, 2016 at 9:17 pm
      • RCA Victor

Therese,

Thanks, but I’m still waiting for that extra zero in my paycheck…..

April 29, 2016 at 11:40 pm
  • Christina

Other parishioners may be more suited to lay leadership of liturgy and parishes should look out for people with these special talents.

The word liturgy used to be beautiful to me, and now, in the ‘new church’, bandied about by the likes of Kasper and McGuire, and sadly our current Pope, it makes me cringe. Its sacredness was jealously guarded and preserved in the ‘liturgical books’, its forms and words to be scrupulously followed in the fitting worship and service of Almighty God. The word’s derivation from its Greek root is probably unfortunate, as it has enabled every modernist since Vat.II to corrupt its traditional meaning so that it is now thought of as the ever-changing, changeable work of the ‘people of God’, more often than not, for the ‘people of God’. So this article cheered me up. I’ve wanted to see this chapel for many years, and wonder, if anyone has seen it, if it is as beautiful as it sounds.

April 27, 2016 at 12:35 pm
    • crofterlady

Yep, Christina, it’s still there and it’s a little gem. The original artist (Italian prisoner of war) even returned many years later to titivate it as it was getting tatty. It’s on the little island of Lambholm.

The Emeritus Archbishop of Glasgow once said a TLM there, I believe. The beauty of the situation is that, like the wonderful St. Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall, the Council owns the buildings and the modern mob cant’t ruin either building! Another plus point is that anyone (including the SSPX) can and do have services there.

May 19, 2016 at 5:29 pm
  • John Kearney

On reading the article I concluded at the end that I had been there, done it, and have the T-shirt.

I was under Bishop Hollis of Portsmouth who is now styled the Emeritus Bishop. Suddenly as all of you know in the seventies there was suddenly a shortage of young men entering the Seminary. As the priests became old, the Bishop wringing his hands rather than ask what has gone wrong, He decided on a Pastoral Plan and consulted the laity. At Mass were were given a form and closed questions were asked, just a yes or no answer about different things. The Result was a document Go and Bear Fruit which we were all to get excited about, although in the document the bishop lamented that there was still people in the diocese who would stay in the safety of their huts rather than move out to a beautiful place somewhere. It was no use answering that perhaps if he is leading I much prefer my safe little hut since that was beauty enough for me.

Anyway the enthusiastic parishioners were chosen and went to a meeting which was wonderful. There were then meetings in which an expert demonstrated Pastoral Areas, a grouping of parishes that could be run by two priests living within the Area. We would all sort of become one parish. Of course there would be more Liturgy of the Word Services to help the priests on a Sunday. Someone, a spoil sport, mentioned bringing in ‘foreign priests’ but this was not welcomed. Anyway yet again great things were going to happen in the Diocese under the Holy Spirit, for humility was always involved. But suddenly with the influx of immigrants from all over the world including Europe the Pastoral Plan was not viable. Although not mentioned the numbers attending Mass had fallen drastically and even I was considering that with so few practising Catholics maybe two priests were enough. But suddenly a failing Church was revived and with the immigrants came priests from Africa and Europe and it was at last really safe for me to leave my hut.

Hallam of course is a differ end matter. Who is going to go there?

April 28, 2016 at 8:59 pm

John,

I taught in Portsmouth Diocese at one point in my young(er) life. It could never be described as “safe” – spiritually it was the most dangerous diocese in the land, and I remember saying so many times. Bishop Hollis? Least said etc.

April 28, 2016 at 9:15 pm
    • Christina

John, your answer from Sheffield City Council’s own report!

‘Ethnicity and diversity
      Sheffield is an ethnically diverse city, with around 19% of its population from black or minority ethnic groups.
      The largest of those groups is the Pakistani community.’

Is that hut for sale?😕

April 29, 2016 at 1:02 am
  • John Kearney

The word ‘safe’ was being used sarcastically by the Hollis mob. Christina, we have in portsmuth had as great number ob Polish people settle, and they almost doubled the numbers in many parishes. However the bishop has many enemies among the clergy who still are loyal to Hollis who still is active when he can in the diocese.

April 30, 2016 at 3:27 pm
    • sixupman

Your final paragraph explains much!

April 30, 2016 at 3:36 pm

I’ve had a letter from the reader who sparked this topic thread, and he is keen for me to inform bloggers of correspondence published in the Universe about the fact that the Bishop of Hallam has put a stop to recruiting priests from overseas, preferring instead to promote the “Kasperite model” – I will type out his excellent letter in full below, but please note that I am very late in closing the April threads and will be doing so within the next couple of days so if anyone has any comment to make, please do so without delay:

LETTER FROM LIAM JENKINSON, ROTHERHAM, PUBLISHED IN THE UNIVERSE, 6 May, 2016…

Dear Sir,

In a bold and brave counter-cultural move, Bishop Rawsthorne of Hallam dealt with the shortage of priests by recruiting them from Poland, India and Nigeria.

However, our current bishop has put a stop to such recruitment stating that “something more radical is required.” By this he means priest-less liturgies, no sacramental provision, etc. This change of policy was preceded by a so-called consultation, but none of the issues raised by the laity were discussed or responded to.

The announcement by the bishops of Salford, Wrexham and now Hallam have been described elsewhere as Orwellian newspear, episcopal-babble.

The priests from abroad who now work in the Hallam Diocese are deeply loved and respected by their parish communities. Asked why the Nigerian clergy came here, one of their number replied with deep humility: “it’s pay back time. The Irish missionaries brought us the faith and we are delighted to bring it back to the British Isles.”

I have spent a lifetime in personnel management and as director of a training agency and these announcements and decisions by the respective bishops show a lack of knowledge of even the most rudimentary concepts of manpower and succession planning. Members of the Hallam laity are continuing to mount a vigorous campaign against these plans to deny us the priests we need and I would advise other dioceses to do the same.

The calibre of the priests from abroad in Hallam is itself a major indictment of the policy of not recruiting from abroad. Furthermore, it is a classical example of double standards when we are encouraged to welcome refugees but at the same time refuse to recruit priests from abroad. Since there seems to be no logical explanation for the Universal Church NOT to bring priests from around the world to our shores, one must assume that this is a policy generated by the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales.

One Polish priest, who has worked in this country for six years, exclaimed: “When I first came to England I believed in the Universal Catholic Church, but I now see that a fence has been erected against the recruitment of Polish priests to the UK.”

Like many others, I would like someone from the episcopate to explain just what is going on when we are closing churches because of a priestly shortage when a representative of the Nigerian clergy has stated that there are 400 priests available to serve 100 parishes in one diocese in Nigeria, and that many of them are ready, willing and able to come to work in the UK. A Polish priest has made similar comments about his own diocese in Poland. Liam Jenkinson, Rotherham.

Excellent letter. Could it be that the priests from overseas are a tad more keen on orthodoxy than the home-grown “vocations”? Just sayin’ …

OR, just as likely, it could be simply that the Bishop is an apostate, and just wants to re-make the Church in his own image and likeness, with the laity running the show just for the sake of giving the appearance of an “involved” faithful faithless… and “lively liturgies”. Just a thought. Just sayin’… You’ll get my drift…

May 19, 2016 at 11:53 am
    • sixupman

A diocesan priest friend relative to the clergy shortage and parish closures opined: “they could get priests from parts of Europe, but will not, they would be too Catholic.” He is 60 years ordained next week.

May 19, 2016 at 4:14 pm
  • Liam Jenkinson

For latest see June issue of Hallam news pages 2, 4 & 10.

Editor: Welcome, Liam! I had already looked for the June edition of the Hallam News but it is not yet online. Click here to reach their homepage. I suspect it will take a few days (perhaps even beginning of June) before they post their June edition. As it happens, the June edition of Catholic Truth is in the post (and features the Hallam Diocese on the front page!) We will be posting that in the next couple of days, so we will be early with our June edition. Hallam needs to get with the Catholic Truth programme… in all senses!

May 24, 2016 at 5:39 pm
    • Liam Jenkinson

Agreed. Pope Pius X1 said “The first and obvious duty the priest owes to the world about him is service to the truth, the whole truth, the unmasking and refutation of error in whatever form or disguise it conceals itself. To fail in this would be not only treason against God and your vocation but a crime against the true welfare of your people and your fatherland”. A theme of commentary on the Hallam situation emphasized the absence of parishioners as well as priests. A factor with regard to the absence of parishioners is the low birth rate. What follows is an extract from a submission I have suggested for publication following my initial published letter:

1. The birth rate is below replacement level in the Western World.
      2.Natural Family Planning is wrong unless used for a justifiable reason.
      3.Many so called contraceptives are actually abortifacients. Vatican guidelines on Morality of conjugal life, handbook for confessors, pontifical council for the family pages 16 & 17, section 5 state “a specific and more serious moral evil is present in the use of means which have an abortive effect, impeding the implantation of the embryo which has just been fertilised or even causing its expulsion in an early stage of pregnancy” thus IUDS, hormonal birth control including progestin only pill, injections, norplant, Implamon, the patch, vaginal ring, emergency contraception and the pill cause abortion and their use is forbidden by church’s teaching.

In this context Nazism was defined by Pope John Paul II as a manifestation of the anti-Christ and Jews etc. were killed by chemical pellets being inserted in the roof of the death chambers. An east European Cardinal, a prisoner of both the Nazis and the communists stated that contraception and abortion would finish of the work that Hitler had begun in the death camps. When couples use hormonal birth control they repeat the process that Hitler began when a pill is dropped in to a woman’s body which kills their child. From the pulpit there is perennial silence on these subjects. Many priests seem unaware of there own policy guidelines and some of them don’t even agree with them. I have heard one sermon on the subject in fifty years of church attendance. The devil hates every conception which is made in the image and likeness of God because it has a destiny of eternal life which Satan cannot share.

For decades on these and many other issues the church has suffered from the twin evils of obscurantism and the ‘smoke of Satan’ which has entered the church. Thus the recent synod on the Family never mentioned abortifacients etc. and there was little reference to the blessing of children. Instead we got a treatise on the evil fruits of contraception such as divorce etc.
      Cardinal Biffi in a Lenten meditation given to Benedict XVI stated the anti-Christ is likely to be ‘a pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist’. He further stated that the antichrist was not necessarily a person but ‘the reduction of Christianity to an ideology’ and he criticised a tendency of some Catholics to promote vague spiritual goals, rather than focussing on the importance of Christ’s sacrifice.
      I was uplifted by repeated comments by fellow bloggers that the gates of Hell would never prevail. Our Lady of Good Success said ‘that when all seems lost She will intervene’. So lets all press on under the inspired leadership of the editor!

May 25, 2016 at 9:18 pm
  • Liam Jenkinson

For the Latest Update on Hallam please see Catholic Herald May 27th Page 16

May 27, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Thank you Liam – I’ll catch up with that on Sunday.

May 27, 2016 at 9:27 pm
  • Michaela

Liam Jenkinson/Editor

I’ve just been reading the Herald and Mr Jenkinson is named in the article on page 16. The most interesting thing about it is the quote from a bishop (Drainey of Middlesbrough) explaining that the real reason they don’t want priests from overseas is that they are too dogmatic. Quote: “Some foreign priests working in Britain tend to be too dogmatic about the Church’s moral rightness on just about everything. That’s not how we do things here.”

Good on Liam Jenkinson for raising the issue of priest shortage and publicising the fact that the Hallam Bishop refuses to recruit foreign priests – thanks to the Bishop of Middlesbrough we now know why.

May 29, 2016 at 6:13 pm
  • Liam Jenkinson

Latest Developments:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The letter you published on the shortage of priests in the Hallam diocese has resulted in an article in the Catholic Hearld, thanks to you! Dialogue in the last few weeks means I now have to change my approach to another factor in this debate in Hallam. This is a factor I had hoped would be dealt with “in house” to avoid scandal for the church locally. However this has not happened as recent dialogue has proved.

Throughout my working life within the Civil Service Employment Department and in private industry I have had to tackle racism. The worst examples was in the Employment Exchange where I started work. There was a policy there where details of vacancies with some employers had the letters N/C in red ink written on them-that meant no coloureds were to be sent to that employer. A company in private industry where I worked had a culture of racism which I had to deal with using some very radical methods. Over the 40 years I learned first hand about the way racism particularly manifests itself in the UK- It was covert, it was insidious, it was evil and it was SUBTLE making it more difficult to detect and deal with. Dialogue with all levels in a hierarchy eventually surfaced the issues and an action plan was then produced to facilitate remedial action.

Some time ago I raised with the Bishop and Vicar General of the Hallam diocese the following issues:

1) An Irish priest with over 40 years experience told me there had been discrimination against Irish priests for decades only one had ever been given a position of responsibility in the diocese and that had been done in a sop to placate the considerable number of Irish priests working in the diocese.

2) Comments from “English” priests in recent times and I quote them verbatim, as given to me personally and by others I trust. “Nigerian priests are only here to get out of Nigeria- and who wouldn’t want to get out.”

“Nigerian priests can’t be trusted with money.”

“We’ve just been lucky in getting “good” Nigerian priests ( implying, of course, falsely, that the rest aren’t good!)

“We will soon be overrun with Nigerian priests.”

Worst of all a senior cleric who undoubtedly has the Bishop’s ear “African priests aren’t properly formed.” In any sacrament who in the early stages is “properly formed”? With vast experience of appraisal of performance of employees I can state categorically this is not true of the African priests in our diocese. From my past experience of racism however it is a classic category of MYTH and I have learned that a myth subtly promoted and used is the “coat hanger” on which the worst manifestations of prejudice and racism are promulgated.

“Many Polish priests don’t have a real vocation they just join the priesthood for a career.”

“Polish priests just become priests for the money.”

“Polish priests working here just work here to get out of Poland.”

I could list more dialogue in a similar vein but it would be repetitious. I will simply say that as well as being a factor in the non recruitment of priests from abroad this racism manifests itself in the ill treatment of foreign priests already working here. The response to these and other issues is woeful and passive aggressive -“pretend it is not happening and it will go away.” The latest spin the diocese where priests “run” two or even three parishes is that we don’t have a shortage of priests and masses. I will be prepared to give further details of any interested party but no the Catholic Association for Racial Justice with whom I have also raised the issue. Their formal response was “They would not get involved but would continue to promote racial justice.” From my past in depth experience a classic “quangoland” response from a classic “quango” who don’t want to rock the hierarchical not as with so many others.

Finally St Francis de Sales said “He hated duplicity as he hated death”. Pope St Felix III said “Not to oppose error is to approve it and not to defend truth is to suppress it.” St Thomas Aquinas said “It’s one thing to suffer injustices committed against oneself following Christ’s injunction to turn the other cheek, it is quite another to do nothing while other people suffer injustice.”

Kind regards

Mr William.J.Jenkinson M.C.I.P.D
    158 East Bawtry road
    Rotherham
    South Yorkshire
    Liam Jenkinson
    158 East Bawtry Road
    Rotherham
    S60 4LF
    01709530072

May 29, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Liam,

I’m afraid what I take from your post after reading the Catholic Herald article to which Michaela refers, and has quoted, is not “racism” but a hatred of the Faith.

They don’t want priests from Nigeria, not because they’re from Nigeria but because they’re orthodox – not “liberal”. Ditto Poland; ditto Ireland, and, in fact, ditto Any Town, Anywhere, The World.

The hilarious thing is, these priests, while they may be “orthodox” in terms of the extremes of liberalism with which the Church is permeated today, are highly unlikely to be “traditional” – but you tell me: are these foreign priests offering (or seeking to offer) the Traditional Latin Mass? See what I mean? I was present, not long ago, at a novus ordo offered by an African priest and it was as happy clappy as any other novus ordo Mass. I can’t remember what he said in his homily, so I presume it was heresy free, but he asked for applause for this, that and t’other,so if he is typically “orthodox”, that just means that he is not contradicting the more obvious essential tenets of the Faith. It doesn’t mean he/they are raving traditionalists.

So, while I would wholeheartedly agree that if what you have reported really does betray “racism”, that would be very serious indeed, and would send them running for cover if it were to be reported in a secular context as opposed to “merely” the Catholic Truth blog. I suspect, however, that the seeming “racism” hides the deeper, real reason for the antipathy towards these priests, that they are rather more orthodox in their beliefs that the rest of the clergy in any given diocese. THAT, I have no trouble believing – not for a second.

May 29, 2016 at 8:32 pm

For the benefit of new bloggers like Liam, I should mention that we are in the habit of closing threads at the end of each month. I’m very late in closing the March and April threads (since we’re nearly at the end of May!) so apologies for that, but my tardiness has at least allowed us to catch up with the correspondence about the Diocese of Hallam. Thank you for that, Liam.

The General Discussion thread is always available if there are any developments, but for now, it’s goodbye to Hallam, with a sincere thank you to all who contributed to this important thread – especially Liam!

God bless