General Discussion (13)

General Discussion (13)

conversation If there’s something of interest in the news that’s not covered in one of the topic threads, or you have a question to ask, a comment you’d like to  make about anything under the sun, more or less, this is the thread for you.

However, please check first, to ensure that you haven’t missed a topic thread or another thread where it would be appropriate to post your comment, as the GD discussion threads fills up very quickly.

Readers, all too often, go straight to the General Discussion thread to post news that is already the topic of a thread or to ask a question that is already being discussed elsewhere. So, do your Sherlock Holmes – at the very least check the side-bar – before posting here, please and thank you!   Your “news” may simply be a different angle to a subject already under discussion, so do, please check before posting your comment here.

Feel free, also, to share your favourite spiritual reading books, prayers and devotions.Whatever.   Enjoy!

To read previous 10 General Discussion Threads, click on the links listed below.

(1) click here  (2) click here  (3) click here  (4) click here  (5) click here
(6) click here  (7) click here (8) click here  (9) click here (10) click here
(11) click here (12) click here

• wendy walker

‎Adam Marley‎ to SisterSupporter
    18 February at 20:33 ·
    One of the chief nutcases, who calls herself “Claire Carmelite” (real name Claire Short), who is skilled in the art of sending shitty messages to people (not very Christian, but then again religious hypocrisy is hardly anything new with these people) and then blocking them before they can reply, runs a business selling religious shite.
    Take a look, it’s the perfect place to buy a gift for that god-fearing nutcase in your life:
    LikeShow More ReactionsCommentShare
    Chronological
    10 10
    Comments
    Anna Veglio-White
    Anna Veglio-White She must need the money, all those rosaries and laminated posters must rack up quite a bill
    Like · Reply · 3 · 18 February at 20:46
    Adam Marley
    Adam Marley I dunno, they look fairly cheap and shitty to me.
    Like · Reply · 18 February at 20:54
    Henrietta Naughton
    Henrietta Naughton Carmelite Clare sells beautiful things
    Like · Reply · 18 February at 20:57
    Adam Marley
    Adam Marley …and pedals bigotry.
    Like · Reply · 18 February at 20:57
    Rosie Pearce
    Rosie Pearce Sorry…Claire Short..sounds familiar?
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 00:18
    Anna Tomlinson
    Anna Tomlinson Bizarre – the children’s vestments are deeply weird
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 11:02
    Adam Marley
    Adam Marley “I didn’t realise it was a child when I was molesting it, I thought it was a tiny little priest”.

Best ever defence to priests kiddy fiddling.
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 11:08
    Wendy Walker

Write a reply…

I feel as many people as possible should go to the SIster Supporter facebook and report this vile sick abusive man ..some thing must be done about this stygian facebook page if it were Pro lifers it would have been deleted by the providers

February 20, 2017 at 3:28 pm

What do bloggers think of this article on the American SSPX website:

It condemns the recent anonymous criticisms of Pope Francis – the posters appearing in Rome and the spoof Vatican newspaper etc – as being:

acts of cowards, who like the mythological figure Eris, only seek to attain their goals – however noble they may be – through chaos.

I take the point that people should have the courage of their convictions, and so not be afraid to put their name to statements (even critical ones).

But I wondered if the article was not somewhat harsh with whoever is behind these initiatives – be it groups of lay people (which is what I think) or even clergy. Presumably the decision to be anonymous was taken given that we know Francis doesn’t hesitate to dive in with both feet against those he perceives as opponents, as we have seen repeatedly.

Is not anonymity a useful device in some instances, for example to offer resistance where there is a clear imbalance of power?

What about the armed resistance groups across Europe, who would attack German occupation forces during the war? I doubt they were broadcasting their names and addresses to the Gestapo, yet I would hesitate to call them “cowards”.

February 21, 2017 at 7:47 am

Gabriel Syme,

I’m disappointed in that article on the American SSPX site. It’s not the kind of response that I would expect from the Americans.

Implicit in some of the remarks in that article is the idea that if the same points were made politely, without satire, without in any way appearing to “attack” the person of the pope blah blah, then the complainants would have received a courteous and satisfactory reply; that their concerns would be addressed. Not the case. Not remotely. The posters went up around Rome, remember, what, 4 years into this (shocking) pontificate? The culprits have not exactly rushed to judgment. I wish I’d be in Rome when they were going up – I’d have helped.

One of my friends, who attends a Society chapel, gets very angry at times with the Society and with other allegedly “traditional” type priests in the mainstream Church – he gets angry because, he argues, these priests have no idea of the heartache of seeing your children lapse from the Faith due to the negligent priests and bishops overseeing (and causing) this crisis in the Church. To then rush to hostile commentary over this poster campaign, is a bit much to take. Your point about “resistance” movements in war is apposite. We are at war right now, in the Church – a major spiritual war and we need all hands on deck and every means available to us, including satire and straight talking. Nothing cowardly about that poster campaign. Quite the reverse.

If the pope has been offended by the satirical posters on show around Rome, too bad. His wounded feelings won’t send him to Hell; my friend – on the other hand – fears for the eternal salvation of his children’s souls, due to priests like the author of that article, who appear to be more concerned with “keeping up appearances” (of respect for the person of the pope) than with speaking in plain English to those causing the widespread apostasy, including Pope Francis, of which my friend’s children (and may others) have fallen victim.

The Pope’s feelings hurt? Who cares?

February 22, 2017 at 12:07 am
  • St Miguel

Pay a visit to Rosslyn Chapel,where it has a small museum attached dedicated to Freemasonry with exhibits….an eye opener and very unsettling.

As regards Canterbury, seems the donation helped to swing it (money talks) and also, as always, a member of the Royal family in apron, giving it gung-ho,which gives the added relish. As ‘if’ the Archbishop of Canterbury is going to say NO to the Duke of Kent

February 21, 2017 at 9:14 am
    • crofterlady

And isn’t the Duke of Kent married to a Catholic, Princess Michael of Kent?

I was once told that the late Lord Mountbatten advised his protege, Prince Charles, not to join the Freemasons, and he never did.

February 21, 2017 at 10:29 am
      • St Miguel

No, she is Married to Prince Michael of Kent, the Duke of Kent is Prince Edward. Both are grandchildren of King George V.

February 21, 2017 at 11:03 am
      • St Miguel

She also got divorced from his first husband in 1977 but hey Pope Paul VI gave her an annulment in 1978 (money talks)…as in Teddy Kennedy and the Elite…..and why am I am cynic?

February 21, 2017 at 6:28 pm
  • wendy walker February 21, 2017 at 12:07 pm
  • wendy walker

PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE WIDELY ..THANK YOU

February 21, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Wendy,

I signed that petition, but not with alacrity, so to speak. I dislike it strongly when people in these campaigns try to be ever so reasonable and in so doing concede ground to the enemy. For example, this passage irked me:

“I recognise that any unjust discrimination in regard to a person’s “gender identity” is not only unacceptable but deeply saddening.”…

A person’s “gender identity” ? “unjust discrimination”? ,,, Like we “unjustly discriminate” against terrorists (i.e. other types of terrorists, not just those who are imposing a whole new meaning to the most fundamental fact of human existence – that God created us male and female…)

I know the arguments for taking this line, but I don’t agree with them. It’s because nobody is coming out straightforwardly and calling out these evils for what they are, that we are facing such ridiculous laws.

Anyway, I did sign.

February 21, 2017 at 2:45 pm
      • wendy walker

I totally agree Patrica and its a scenario of a half a loaf is better than none …it seems people now are too scared to speak out about all this filth …brainwashed ?…….couldnt care less ?..or downright apathetic ?…its a crying shame ..thanks to everyone who signed

February 22, 2017 at 10:32 am

You beat me to it, Wendy!

February 21, 2017 at 2:19 pm
  • wendy walker

WENDY,

Ready to go? I sure am!

40 Days for Life starts one week from tomorrow ….. and you are invited to help save lives from abortion!

It’s going to be a huge campaign — in fact the largest spring campaign EVER — from March 1 to April 9 … with locations in more than 340 cities around the world.
    image
    Find the one nearest you and sign up to take part:

There are vigils in 30 countries … including first-time campaigns in:

Dominican Republic
    Italy
    Paraguay
    Zimbabwe
    image
    In the United States in particular, the momentum in the pro-life movement is at an all-time high — and you can be part of it.

Your local campaign leaders need to hear from you … if you’re able to, sign up for an hour every week — or an hour every day!

image
    Have you ever peacefully prayed at a 40 Days for Life vigil before? You may be a bit nervous … or have a little fear of doing something for the first time.

Steve Karlen, Robert Colquhoun and I just recorded a new podcast to help you that overcome fear. This episode includes helpful hints about going out to a vigil.

image
    By praying on the sidewalk, you’re the last sign of Christ’s hope for the women going into the abortion facility — and the first sign of His mercy for them when they come out.

A number of locations are holding kickoff events this weekend … so check your local campaign’s page on the 40 Days for Life website today to be sure you don’t miss anything!

For life,
    image
    Shawn Carney

President, 40 Days for Life
    PS: Check out the entire collection of 40 Days for Life podcasts to stay up to date on everything we’re doing:

Listen to the latest episode … or listen to them all!
    Facebook Twitter YouTube

February 22, 2017 at 11:26 am
  • wendy walker

PLEASE PLEASE support any 40 Days For Life near you

February 22, 2017 at 11:27 am

THOU SHALT NOT SPEAK THE TRUTH – OR ELSE. MORE FROM OUR GREAT POLICE FORCE.

February 22, 2017 at 1:35 pm

URGENT PRAYERS FOR JOHN VENNARI

From The Remnant (Michael Matt)

A few moments ago I spoke via telephone with a Catholic gentleman, a beloved husband, a father and dear friend. His name is John Vennari, and he was told earlier today by his doctors that he is now in the “active stages of dying.”

John asked me to do him a favor and help him notify his many, many friends all around the world that he may not live to see his birthday on Friday. He wishes everyone to know that he’s not in pain. He wishes us all to know that, as he put it, “either we believe in Divine Providence or we don’t. I believe in it, and I know that God has known for all eternity that I would be here in this hospital today, ready to die.”

John also believes in miracles, as do I. And so anything is possible with God. But John said nothing about miracles just now. I think he wants us all to know that he’s ready, that he loves God, and that his faith is so much stronger than his body just now. He wants our prayers.

After all this man has done for us, for the Church, for the Catholic cause, I don’t think I need to beg for prayers for John Vennari. All I need to do is tell you that this beautiful soul wants us to pray for him, and I know that tens of thousands of grateful Catholics will do it.

His last words to me just now were to plead that , no matter what happens, we not give up the fight for Catholic restoration. “Please, keep it going. You must keep it going.” What does it say about the caliber of this warrior for Christ that, from what his doctors are now calling his deathbed, John Vennari’s concerns are still for the Traditional Catholic cause he defended all his life.

I will share whatever updates and information I receive from John and his dear wife, Susan—who now stands faithful watch at John’s side. Also, please pray for John’s beloved young daughters, Elizabeth and Philomena, and for his loyal son, Benedict, and especially for their dad who they love and cherish and respect more deeply than I can describe.

Thank you, John, for everything. God is with you, Mary is at your side and, all over the world, thousands of your brothers and sisters in Christ are with you right now, every step of the way, united with you in prayer. You are not alone, and your unshakable faith shines like a beacon for us all. Pray for us, John. And I know you know these are the most difficult words I’ve ever written.

God bless you, and Mary keep.

St. Philomena and Our Lady of Fatima—please pray for our brother John.

February 22, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Therese,

Thank you SO much for posting that notice. What a wonderful example of a Catholic deathbed.

I will, most definitely, keep John – and his family – in my prayers this week.

February 22, 2017 at 11:00 pm
    • Josephine

Terribly sad for a wife and children to be facing this loss. Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for John.

February 23, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Therese

I just popped in to this thread to post the request for prayers for John Vennari. I posted a comment on the Remnant website a few days ago and Margaret responded asking if “dear Patricia @ CTS knew about him.” I wasn’t sure if I had mentioned it so came to check. Thank Goodness you posted the request. Thank you.

February 26, 2017 at 5:47 pm
  • wendy walker

What a sad but very beautiful read..so many emotions involved God Bless John and his loving family……

February 23, 2017 at 10:12 am
  • Josephine

The Devil is furious with Trump – it’s just unbelievable to see those protests about the “trans” toilet use. Do these protesters have nothing else to do all day – don’t they have jobs to go to?

February 23, 2017 at 2:05 pm
  • wendy walker February 24, 2017 at 10:50 am
  • wendy walker

Agus Zavaleta
    23 February at 13:51 ·
    Divine Mercy for the Unborn
    For all helpless little children who die in the womb of their mother, I pray that all of these little souls will be given eternal life by Our Lord, Jesus Christ, through His Divine Mercy and I beg Jesus that I be allowed to spiritually baptize a little soul born dead and I do so by saying: I baptize you (Give name, preferably a Saint’s Name) in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…’ I have called you by your name, you are Mine!’ (Is. 43:1)
    Prayer of Divine Mercy Apostolate
    Capuchin Friary, Dublin
    Prayer to God the Father of all Life
    Eternal God, You have revealed Yourself as the Father of all Life. We praise You for the Fatherly care which You extend to all creation, and especially to us, made in Your image and likeness.
    Father, extend Your hand of protection to those threatened by abortion, and save them from its destructive power. Give Your strength to all fathers, that they may never give in to the fears that may tempt them to facilitate abortions.
    Bless our families and bless our land, that we may have the joy of welcoming and nurturing the life of which You are the source and the Eternal Father. Amen.
    Redeemer in the Womb
    Lord Jesus Christ, You took our human nature upon Yourself. You shared our life and death, our childhood and adulthood.
    You also shared our time in the womb. While still God, while worshipped and adored by the angels, while Almighty and filling every part of the universe, You dwelt for nine months in the womb of Mary. You were our Redeemer in the womb, our God who has a preborn child.
    Lord Jesus, we ask You to bless and protect the children who today are in their mothers’ womb. Save them from the danger of abortion. Give their mothers the grace to sacrifice themselves, in body and soul, for their children. Help all people to recognize in the preborn child a brother, a sister, saved by You,our Redeemer in the womb.
    LikeShow More ReactionsComment

February 25, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Wendy

Who is Agus Zavaleta?

I have deep concerns about the first part of this “prayer”. Put simply, if we were able to spiritually baptise aborted infants, thus ensuring their eternal bless, then – logically – abortion would be a good thing for the souls of those who were lucky enough to have people to spiritually baptised them. I think that’s a Manichean heresy.

February 25, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Bliss. “eternal bliss”.

February 25, 2017 at 6:33 pm

P.S. I think I meant the Albigensians, who were influenced by the Manicheans.

February 25, 2017 at 6:41 pm
  • wendy walker

Dear Readers
    I have a plea here as the Abortionists celebrate with demonic infant bloodlust the last tragic 50 years and celebrate with hateful bacchanalian joy these innocent deaths could ask you to consider £50 FOR 50 YEARS .?….At approx £1 per week by the end of 2017 the donation would be there I am suggesting Abort 67 …Helpers of Gods Precious Infants ….London Good Counsel ..March For Life 2017….these do so much on so little ….
    It could help so many more precious Babys to be Born .if you agree with me please share widely ….thank you so very much

February 25, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Wendy

With this I agree and support wholeheartedly.

February 25, 2017 at 6:32 pm
  • wendy walker

Dear Therese and anyone else considering my request ..thank so much ..Bless you abundantly

February 26, 2017 at 10:31 am