General Discussion (15)

General Discussion (15)

If there’s something of interest in the news that’s not covered in one of the topic threads, or you have a question to ask, a comment you’d like to  make about anything under the sun, more or less, this is the thread for you.

However, please check first, to ensure that you haven’t missed a topic thread or another thread where it would be appropriate to post your comment, as the GD discussion threads fills up very quickly.

Readers, all too often, go straight to the General Discussion thread to post news that is already the topic of a thread or to ask a question that is already being discussed elsewhere. So, do your Sherlock Holmes – at the very least check the side-bar – before posting here, please and thank you! Your “news” may simply be a different angle to a subject already under discussion, so do, please check before posting your comment here.   OR it would be helpful if you could check out the most recent thread on that subject, in case it is still open. In which case, your comment would be best placed there.  Example: if your news is about the Mass or the SSPX, scroll or check the archives to find the most recent thread on that topic.   If there is no thread still open, then it’s safe to post on the GD thread.

Feel free, also, to share your favourite spiritual reading books, prayers and devotions on this thread. Whatever.   Enjoy!

To read previous 10 General Discussion Threads, click on the links listed below.

(1) click here  (2) click here  (3) click here  (4) click here  (5) click here
(6) click here  (7) click here (8) click here  (9) click here (10) click here
(11) click here (12) click here   (13) click here   (14) click here

Some light relief – I thought this story about the masons was absolutely hilarious:

A former freemason found drunk and naked inside a huge pipe organ has appeared in court accused of damaging the historic instrument – insured for more than $1 million.

Glenn Langford was arrested on Wednesday after allegedly flooding the Brisbane Masonic Memorial Centre and setting off the fire alarms.

It seems the gentleman in question set out with good intentions to distribute food to the homeless.

However things went off the rails after he somehow drank an entire bottle of whisky during his efforts at charity.

The food was found scattered around the floor of the masonic centre.

(it seems he has had some difficulties in life recently, but judging by the photo in the article he has taken his pipe organ ordeal in good spirits, as is the Australian way.)

February 25, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Gabriel Syme,

That really IS hilarious. I laughed heartily – what a story; he’ll be able to dine out on that for the rest of his life!

Great fun – thanks for posting it!

February 25, 2018 at 11:21 pm
  • crofterlady

I’ve just across this article over on 1P5. How sad and how heart wrenching. I’ve not reached Raymond Kowalski’s august age, but I also feel that I will not live to see the end of the Bergoglio mess.

March 1, 2018 at 5:06 pm
    • St Miguel

Crofter Lady, thank you for that and as I read the article, it puts in to words just how I feel right now.

March 1, 2018 at 5:28 pm
  • Clotide

The TFP sent me this article.

The Vatican sent delegationl to tell the legitimate Chinese Catholic Church to hand over to the illegitimate church.

“Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Mt. 5:10)

Quoting these divine words of Our Lord Jesus Christ, we express our admiration for the sole Catholic Church in China, today under the Communist boot, of which Joseph Cardinal Zen is a distinguished member and spokesman.
    In fact, the Catholic world is shocked by the recent visit to China of a Vatican delegation led by Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli. While there, on behalf of Pope Francis, he asked the legitimate shepherds of the dioceses of Shantou and Mindong to hand over their dioceses and flock to illegitimate bishops appointed by the communist government and separated from the Holy See.
    Show your Support for Joseph Cardinal Zen
    and the Persecuted Church in China!
    He did not say a word about the religious persecution that communists inflict on our brethren in the Faith, on imprisoned bishops, priests and faithful, or on the systematic and universal violation of the fundamental rights of man, created in the image and likeness of God.
    This is very serious. These are our brothers who have fought for so long to retain the purity of their Faith. Please sign this petition of support and stand up for those being persecuted by the communist government in China.
    Until next time, I remain
    Sincerely yours,
    gi_sig_lr.jpg
    Gary J. Isbell
    Tradition Family Property

March 5, 2018 at 12:20 pm
    • Fidelis

Clotide,

I was shocked to read about this betrayal of the Chinese Catholic Church over on the thread on that topic a few weeks ago. It’s mind-blowing.

March 5, 2018 at 1:11 pm
  • crofterlady

Editor maybe that superb post above from Clothilde could be moved to the relevant thread?

March 5, 2018 at 3:54 pm

Crofterlady,

Sorry, I am unable to do that but if Clotide wishes to put it on the original China thread, here’s the link

I’ll just mention, yet again, that if readers/bloggers click to “follow” this blog, they will receive an email from WordPress every time I post a new thread. That way, they won’t miss topics, and end up posting information on the General Discussion thread that would be best placed on the topic thread.

March 5, 2018 at 5:52 pm
  • St Miguel

Moved to General Discussion…my point was that this is pure showbiz and that is the way that they THINK they can reach out to the Youth.

Just had a mad idea…as showbiz celebs is the IN thing these days, we could have Prelate in the Jungle hosted by Ant and Dec…..Big Prelate House just like the Big Brother house..Strictly Come Dancing with the German Episcopate?

March 5, 2018 at 7:54 pm

St Miguel,

Your choice. The GD thread is my least favourite thread, because, for one thing, very little “discussion” takes place. It’s really a string of often unrelated comments and links but when I tested the waters for closing it down some time ago, I was outvoted. For another thing, the policy is to close it on or about 500 comments, so some very good material can get lost in the crowd, so to speak. Finally, for people looking for comments about a particular topic (say Pope Francis!), it’s arguably easier to track if you can search the topic threads rather than hunt through GD threads. Anyway, as I say, your choice. I’d sooner you agreed with me, but, hey, what’s one missed pay rise… 😀

March 5, 2018 at 8:56 pm
      • St Miguel

Hope you liked my mad sense of humour…Cardinal Marx in the Big Brother house or a new show ‘Rome’s Got Talent’.

March 5, 2018 at 10:28 pm

St Miguel,

Yes, of course – should have said – I LOVE your mad sense of humour. Do you like mine?

Just think – if you’d been born a day later, you’d have been wealthy, travelling the world, and … Editor of Catholic Truth!

March 5, 2018 at 11:19 pm
      • St Miguel

I do indeed !

March 5, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Regarding the recent scandal with the German Bishops sexualising an image of the risen Christ on the Vatican’s new stamp:

Their German Bishops website described the image as a a gym-Jesus with muscle-packed arms and toned upper body which causes women’s hearts to beat faster and makes [German Archbishop] Georg Gänswein look old

I saw a clip of Philip Lawler being interviewed by Raymond Arroyo, chiefly about his Pope Francis book “Lost Shepherd”. As part of the interview he was asked what he thought of the stamp controversy.

Of the suggestion that the image makes “women’s hearts beat faster”, he said “Its not just women, I expect it will be popular around the Vatican too”.

BOOM!

I went to a lecture at a local Church on Sunday night and many people were talking about the quip.

At first I took the remark to be a further acknowledgement that the Vatican is chock-full of homosexuals, (as per the infamous B16 dossiser etc), but later i wondered if it was not designed to ask questions of Francis himself, much in the same way as Fr Ray Blake did in a recent blog post.

March 6, 2018 at 10:13 am
    • St Miguel

Sick,totally sick…also I think that a degree of leverage is at play here.Join the dots.

March 6, 2018 at 11:31 am

The former head of the Anglican Communion has joined Richard Dawkins in attacking a policy that would allow the Catholic Church to open new schools.,/i>

What a wonderful ecumenical gesture from the former Arch-heretic of Canterbury.

Will this draw a response from the taylor’s dummies known as “Bishops” in England and Wales? I will not hold my breath.

March 6, 2018 at 10:41 am
    • St Miguel

They finally come out of the woodwork…..ecumania is just another 20th Century HOAX.As regards ‘bishops”…with a small ‘b’….about as much use as a chocolate fire guard or chocolate teapot….my late father had a good’un…’about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike’

March 6, 2018 at 11:28 am
  • Helen

On another note, has anyone recently visited St. Mary’s Cathedral in Aberdeen? I was there yesterday and couldn’t believe my eyes at the ugliness and complete lack of religious statues, icons etc. Even the Stations of the Cross were yuck! I’m sure when I visited as a wee lass it wasn’t so, was it? Up around the main altar is particularly bad and nondescript with wooden panels around where the main altar should be and then an ugly “presidential” chair. WHO has allowed this utter desecration and ugliness to happen?

I thought I’d see it all when I visited St. Andrew’s in Glasgow a while back but Aberdeen sure beats that for everything “unCatholic” I can think of. Ugh!

March 6, 2018 at 1:33 pm
    • St Miguel

This ‘presidential chair’ caper makes my teeth feel funny….it is an abomination.

When you look at the ever lavish vestments and jewel encrusted croziers it reminds me of Egyptian Pharoahs….sitting on thrones.

White sepulchres comes to mind.

March 11, 2018 at 4:55 pm
  • Clotide

Helen, you are right to be upset about the state of the Cathedral as it was very beautiful before the ? Bishop decided to modernise. I have some pictures somewhere of the original design of 1881 which were shown on its anniversary.
    I can’t copy them but will find a way. The altar was all marble and many statues lined the walls.

Pure vandalism!

March 6, 2018 at 6:14 pm

PRAYER REQUEST…

i have just received messages requesting prayers for a lovely Edinburgh lady, a retired nursery school teacher, who was knocked down by a bus on Friday after attending (Traditional Latin) Mass, and now has had both legs amputated.

She had just been recovering from serious illness, so this must be doubly shocking for Margaret and for all who know her.

One of my nieces home-schools her children and Margaret volunteered to help her teach her youngest son. She attended weekly over a long period of time (until she became ill and hospitalised), for the purpose of contributing to the teaching of Maths – all the children love her.

Please pray for Margaret, for the grace to accept this huge cross, and for the alleviation of her suffering, in compliance, always, with the holy will of God.

Our Lady of Lourdes, Health of the Sick, pray for her.

March 11, 2018 at 1:57 pm
    • Liam Jenkinson

Liam to Editor,

Item 1: For some reason I have not been receiving my hard copies of the. Newsletter by post as promised.

2: I continue to picket the Bishops seat at St Marie’s concerning the scandal of the 8 year old boy being sent to St Bedes school dressed as a girl and the proposal that St Bernard’s secondary school that teenage girls should be allowed to wear a false plastic penis. There has been no response from the priest involved, mgr. Ryan a governor at both schools or Bishop Hesket or the vicar general mgr. Sexton. My family of 11 for the most part have boycotted the parishes involved but when some of them of necessity attend mgr. sexton targets them in his sermon concerning transgenderism. A priest in the diocese now deceased stated that he was pope in his own parish. This obviously applies to the whole diocese since Pope Francis, Pope Benedict and 500 priests in the UK uphold Church teaching on transgenderism etc. Apologies in advance for cross threading. Thank you for your past prayers concerning this campaign. Please keep them up and be assured of my prayers for you all.

March 11, 2018 at 4:52 pm
      • St Miguel

Liam, am I reading your post correctly…is this for real??

March 11, 2018 at 7:39 pm

Liam,

Welcome back!

You were, indeed, entitled to be kept on our reduced mailing list, for a number of reasons, including your blog contributions and the copies of correspondence with your bishop/schools etc on the subject of transgenderism which you sent for publication in our newsletter, for which a renewed thank you!

However, I had the distinct impression when you signed off that you wanted nothing to do with us any more – and I get so used to the blog and newsletter being punished because people don’t like me or disagree with me on something, that I no longer give it a second thought. You were, therefore, not included on the reduced mailing list, since I thought that was what you wanted – to wipe the dust from your feet… Sad, but then, as I say, I’m well used to that response as a result of some kind of disagreement. It’s silly, but that’s life…

Anyway, your entitlement remains and you have now been restored to the mailing list – by exception. We made the rule when we decided to reduce the list that no-one would be restored and I have had to refuse a few people, one only a couple of days ago. So, be honoured, you scallywag and don’t fall out with us again!

Seriously, the key issue, if I remember correctly, that caused concern, were some of your remarks about the traditional Latin Mass and up with that, Liam, we will not put. Anyone who is happy to attend the Bugnini Mass, knowing that it was created by Archbishop Bugnini for the express purpose of removing anything that was an “obstacle” to Protestants (think, Mass as Sacrifice of Calvary and the many prayers now removed) using the six Protestant ministers pictured with Pope Paul VI below as advisers, is unlikely to be comfortable blogging here for very long. So, off you went. At least, that’s my memory of the situation that led to your disappearance.

In any event, you are now restored to the mailing list, and, as a gesture of good will, I will see to it that a copy of our current, February, edition is posted out to you asap this coming week. Thereafter, you will receive the newsletter bi-monthly, as heretofore, if you get my drift… You can catch up with back copies (if you’ve not already done so) on our website, Newsletter page, Archives section. The reduced mailing list took effect after the May 2017 issue was distributed, so you have only missed the July 2017 onwards newsletter (unless you’ve read them online.)

Our April newsletter is full now, so unable to include any updates on your ongoing campaign against the transgender ideology in your local schools but if you send me any relevant correspondence, I’ll mark it for the June edition or soon thereafter.

Peace!

March 11, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Lionel, our French blogger, has just emailed me this amazing video clip, entitled: Pirelli, an amazing walk on Christ The Redeemer Enjoy!

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxlKZereog0&w=1920&h=970%5D

March 11, 2018 at 10:47 pm
  • Lionel

It is impressive, it makes me dizzy!

March 11, 2018 at 11:06 pm

Lionel,

It is, indeed, impressive. Thank you very much for sending it to me.

We’ve now reached the 500th comment, so I’ll close this thread now and open General Discussion (16)

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread.

March 11, 2018 at 11:14 pm