Fr Paul Morton: a bad priest who poisons and rots Church (St Catherine of Siena)

A PRIEST from Cambuslang has become the first Catholic representative to support teaching children about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues in school.

Fr Paul Morton encourages LGBT lessons in schools…

Father Paul Morton, of St Bride’s Parish Church, says bullying due a child’s gender identity or sexual orientation should be a “thing of the past”.

The priest has lent his support to the Time for Inclusive Education (TIE) campaign, which was set up by two Glasgow men in a bid to crack down on homophobic abuse in the classroom.  Click here to read Evening Times report Cambuslang priest first Catholic representative to support LGBT education in schools  which headline is a tad stronger in the print edition of the newspaper, to read: Pioneer Catholic priest’s backing for LGBT rights.

Seems like only yesterday we were discussing this same priest’s public support for homosexuality; our call for Bishop Toal to act at that time, went unheeded, and so, taking his lead from the Bishop’s tolerance, he has moved forward from “welcoming” active homosexual couples to his Masses, to seeking to educate children in the same vice.  Click here to read our previous discussion…

Now, having pretended that his only interest was in making people feel welcome, he has moved on to recite the LGBT mantra about “homophobic” and “transgender” bullying.  Some chance.  Heavens above, it’s impossible to say a word – not a single word – to express disapproval of the evil of homosexual activity, without finding yourself plastered over the front page of a tabloid or, in my own case, nominated for the Stonewall Bigot of the Year award, so it’s a joke to suggest that any homosexual or “transgender” person is bullied.

One thing we never actually deal with – one thing never dealt with – when discussing LGBT “rights” is what they actually DO.  What IS it that is so objectionable?  Why is it that we are shocked that any Catholic priest would encourage children to participate in such behaviour as this

The above link to what homosexuals do, is mild.  Anyone who has ever visited a “gay” website, will know that.   Still, it gives a flavour of precisely what it is that this priest, and his Bishop – Joseph Toal – is shamelessly promoting. Or, more accurately, “proudly” promoting.

Challenge From Editor, Catholic Truth, To Father Morton…

I’ve tried phoning Father Morton several times but keep getting a voicemail telling me that he is not available to speak and I can’t leave a message.  You’d almost think he knew that the caller is li’l ole moi…  Poor souls trying to get through with a sick call, if priests like Fr Morton still do such mundane things as attend to the sick, or administer the sacraments to the dying.  Must be a worry, having an LGBT celebrity as your Parish Priest.

Anyway, here’s why I was ringing… I rang to say “Hello, there, Father….Let’s debate St Catherine of Siena’s call for Pope Gregory XI to “rid the Church of bad priests and rulers who poison and rot that garden [the Church]” Some motion to the effect that St Catherine’s description of priests who “poison and rot” the Church applies today, more than ever, including to Fr Morton himself.  I do wish he’d answered his phone.

Not to worry – I’ll email him the link to this thread in the [fond] hope that he takes up the challenge… I’ll also email the link to Bishop Toal, who is gravely responsible before God for this scandal.  He can have a ringside seat at the debate where he might reflect on the contrast between his suspension of Father Matthew Despard for writing a book exposing the  homosexual culture within the Diocese of Motherwell – a fact confirmed by Fr Morton  – while being complicit in Fr Morton’s guilt by  allowing him free rein to encourage homosexual activity, Communion for unrepentant public sinners and now, actively promoting the corruption of school children into the euphemism of “LGBT rights”.

Vote in New, Updated Poll…

• RCAVictor October 30, 2017 at 2:42 pm

I didn’t see your link until after I’d commented on Lionel’s post on the Luther thread – he put the video directly into his comment which alerted me – you can right click to select “copy embed code” from YouTube videos and then paste the film directly onto the page. Like this… 😀

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxfWn_j8iwQ&w=560&h=315%5D

Anyway, thank you for that – as I told Lionel on the Luther thread, I found the video clip incredibly moving. Just horrendous to watch each of those young men being taken out, forcibly, by police officers. Truly shocking.

And, it is appropriate enough here, as well, since a group of us are going to be praying the Rosary outside St Bride’s church very soon… Watch this space although I sincerely hope we’re not removed by the cops. Glaswegians are confused enough about religion, so for the local constabulary to receive a call from a priest asking for praying Catholics to be removed from his church, would only confuse them further!

October 31, 2017 at 12:04 am
      • Alex F

It is great to see young people taking a firm stand against this outrage.

It has been brought to my attention on Facebook that this group is Sedevacantist. I can’t share the link because that is forbidden on this blog; however, I was just wondering if Catholic Truth has any way of confirming or refuting this claim. Do we have any links to who this group are?

October 31, 2017 at 8:33 am

Alex F,

I will email Lionel to see if he knows about this group. Thank you for respecting our rule about sedevacantist sites, much appreciated.

A SHORT TIME LATER…

Lionel is looking into this, but he thinks this is the claim of our enemies, that the young men are simply traditional Catholics. He’s checking it out, though, to be sure.

October 31, 2017 at 9:53 am
      • Alex F

Thank you for looking into this Editor. I thought I had better raise this, but I did wonder.

October 31, 2017 at 5:26 pm

RCA Victor

That demonstrates the demonic spirit at work in the Church right now. To see Catholics being forcibly removed by police from a Catholic Cathedral for praying the rosary takes this Pontificate of Francis to a new low. Yes, we have a rotten hierarchy in charge right now, men who have lost the faith.

October 30, 2017 at 2:58 pm
  • Nobby

I don’t understand why we can’t just have a referendum about this homosexuality nonsense. We won the referendum on Brexit. If a referendum were called on the legality of homosexuality we would surely win again. Britons are sick and tired of being bullied by the liberal elite.

October 30, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Nobby

We don’t get a referendum on homosexuality because the liberal/Marxists know they would lose it. The SNP ran an online Consultation to get the views of people in Scotland on so-called “gay marriage”. The overwhelming response was NO and so Nicola Sturgeon went public to say she was disregarding that voice. So much for democracy! The quicker the people of the UK recognise that they are living under despotic liberal rule, the sooner they’ll be free again.

October 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm
  • Jane

Yes they are promoting it in the Catholic schools in Edinburgh. One pupil in Senior 5 at St Thomas Aquinas school in Edinburgh told me that in an English class last week they had to do a listening exercise which involved listening to an LGBT activist extolling the virtues of her cause. This pupil was very upset by it. She said “you hear about this on TV and you see it around you and you know it’s wrong but to be taught it at school, that really pierces your heart”. I have written to Archbishop Cushley to ask him what he is going to do about this child abuse in a ‘Catholic’ school.

October 30, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Jane,

Wonderful that you have written to the Archbishop. If only more Catholics were as zealous, instead of passively allowing their children to be corrupted. God bless you for that – and He will!

Please let us know if you receive any reply – an acknowledgment, even!

NOTE: assuming that you are blogging under your real name, be aware that you can remove your surname by going to “My Profile” on your dashboard, and where it says “display name publicly as” you can type Jane (or any pseudonym of your choice). Just remember to click “save changes”. I have taken the liberty of removing your surname for now, in case it causes you trouble, having named the school, but I can restore it if you let me know your preference.

October 30, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Well, well, well,

A reader has just alerted me to this week’s bulletin for St Bride’s and, apart from the hilarity of a short notice on “Becoming a Catholic” asking parishioners to pass any names of interested people to Fr Morton, (the very LAST person to whom you would introduce a possible convert), there’s this little nugget:

Reformation To mark the 500th anniversary of the Reformation Fr Morton will preach at Cambuslang parish church at 10.30 am on 29th October.

Click here to read the entire bulletin

October 31, 2017 at 2:57 pm

O to have been a fly on the wall in Cambuslang parish church on Sunday! The thought of what sort of insults Fr Morton would have hurled at the Catholic Church, just doesn’t bear thinking about. Luther would be proud.

October 31, 2017 at 8:38 pm
      • Heloisa

I’m glad I’m not a fly! Bad enough reading about all the nasty goings-on, apostasy and Vatican shenanigans.

October 31, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Clearly another proof that Fr. Morton is heretical and should be avoided by all Catholics who value their eternal salvation.

October 31, 2017 at 3:26 pm
  • Theresa Rose

Your letter to Bishop Toal is excellent, Athanasius. I pray he takes to heart what you have said.

Have read about the student expelled from Sheffield University, in the UK for expressing his Christian beliefs on the issue, saying on his personal facebook account that “same sex marriage is a sin whether we like it or not”.

The man had been studying for his MA in Social Work. The thought police are really in control.

October 31, 2017 at 6:42 pm
    • chloe

Re. the student Felix Ngole mentioned above, if any reader would like to help him, you can send a donation via Christian Concern

November 1, 2017 at 11:18 am
    • Theresa Rose

How different from Fr Morton encouraging LGBT lessons to school children, AND,
      “Bullying due to a child’s gender identity or sexual orientation should be – a thing of the past”. These kind of lessons are more likely to cause confusion.

Also consider his public support of homosexuality.

Felix Ngole is bullied by being thrown out of his MA course in Social Work, which will impact on his job situation. Why? His stating that same sex marriage is a sin,

November 1, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Theresa Rose,

That is a scandal about the student – real Thought Police stuff. The PC madness just gets worse by the nano-second.

November 2, 2017 at 12:44 am
  • wendywalker95

Followers of the Church of England … or Followers of the Church of Christ?

Special baptismal services to mark gender transition, priests living openly in clergy housing with their gay or lesbian partner, proposals for a service of blessing for same-sex couples following secular marriage….

The Church of England has at last fully conformed to its name. It no longer follows the teachings of Christ, but has instead become a poodle church, endorsing and promulgating each and every fashionable idea put forward by the State – which by law now lays down the rules of what constitutes ‘acceptable’ religion. At the heart of this reconstituted belief system is no longer the belief that men and women are made in the image of God. Rather, God is remade in the image of man; which definition can of course now be changed and redefined to whatever at the time is deemed politically correct.

The god of this reframed religion is no longer a God of truth, justice and mercy – but a squidgy, cuddly sort of deity who affirms whatever we want, no matter how seemingly outlandish and bizarre – because his one over-riding desire, trumping all else, is apparently for us to be happy! Which state can only be achieved in this brave new world by letting us have anything and everything we might desire, without regard to the eternal health and wellbeing of our souls. In fact, it’s questionable in this new belief system whether men and women actually have souls! But the one thing on which we can utterly depend, is that this religion won’t cause offence.

Unless of course, you happen to believe the traditional teachings of the Bible. In which case, though you perhaps won’t dare say so, you’ll be very offended.

We are at a crossroads, and it is time for each and every one of us to make a choice. It’s no longer enough just to produce rational arguments why the new system is not just flawed, but downright dangerous. No matter what the evidence, we’ll be either ignored or ridiculed – steamrollered out of the way by the ideological juggernaut of inclusivity and (intolerant) tolerance.

So, to echo the words of St Paul, it is time for true believers to come out from amongst the apostates and be separate. Not in hatred or bigotry – as followers of the new religion try and maintain – but in faithfulness and obedience to the one who died that we might be set free.

************************

If you haven’t yet done so, please sign our petition to the Secretary of State for Education, calling for the removal of unnecessarily explicit and damaging material that is prematurely sexualising children from Sex and Relationships Education.

Please sign our petition here: http://www.citizengo.org/en/signit/107925/view

Like us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/voiceforjusticeuk

November 2, 2017 at 12:49 pm

N O T I C E . . .

Public Rosary of Reparation – Saturday, 4th November, 2017, 2pm

Our group prayed the fifteen decades of the Rosary outside St Bride’s in Cambuslang today at 2pm. We then prayed the St Michael, Archangel prayer (original version) and sang “I’ll Sing a Hymn To Mary”. Before the Rosary, during the Prayer to St Michael, and at the end of the event, different members of our group sprinkled the doors of the church with holy water.

Today, the weather was cold but dry.

Imagine then, our astonishment, when a rainbow appeared over the church during the Joyful Mysteries, fading away as we began the Sorrowful Mysteries. During the Sorrowful Mysteries, a few drops of rain fell: “not even a drizzle” as one person said, only a few drops (later, someone suggested that those few drops might represent Our Lady’s tears). Then, for the first three decades of the Glorious Mysteries, the rainbow re-appeared arching right over the church building, disappearing again during the final two decades. The rainbow was much brighter during the Glorious Mysteries than during the Joyful Mysteries.

As our group dispersed and I was heading out of the church grounds, I saw Fr Morton who approached me with outstretched hand. All the rumours about him are true – he is a very nice person, kindly and friendly. When I told him about the rainbow he made the obvious (joking, I hope!) connection with the LGBT lobby but I reminded him that they have stolen this beautiful biblical image – so, no, the rainbow, we believe, was not God signalling his approval of homosexuality, but – on the contrary – God’s merciful and generous way of letting us know that He is pleased with our humble effort to make reparation for the recent scandal associated with St Bride’s, and we pray that some repair has been achieved.

I had a very pleasant short chat with Fr Morton – he is, certainly, as many people have told me, a very nice person, most affable and approachable. Let’s all continue to keep him in our prayers.

November 4, 2017 at 6:29 pm
    • Lionel

It is a wink from Heaven to express his satisfaction!…

November 5, 2017 at 11:49 pm
  • Theresa Rose

I was present at the public Rosary yesterday and could not believe my eyes when I saw the rainbow. It brought home to me that what we were doing was absolutely essential.

Obviously God was blessing the Catholic Truth group for the public act of reparation – I was proud to be a part of this act of reparation.

November 5, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Theresa Rose,

Everyone who witnessed the rainbow phenomenon said the same. And one traditional priest asked me to let him know next time we are doing something similar, because he would like to join us if at all possible. I think it’s safe to say that there were many graces bestowed yesterday on those who attended and that includes the gentleman whose sat nav took him all over the place, so that in the end he gave up trying to find us, and decided to pray the rosary privately instead. There’s always one!

I hope I’ve now managed to personally thank everyone who attended, but in case I’ve missed anyone, allow me to express my sincere thanks here, on the blog, to everyone who came along – many, if not most, of whom had made lengthy journeys by public transport, including one terminally ill gentleman (prognosis, six months to live) and several elderly men and women. Two of those who had travelled by public transport had undergone serious surgery in the relatively recent past and are still not restored fully to good health. We provided seats for the elderly, but given that it was a very cold day, their personal sacrifice is not to be underestimated – including that of the 80 year old gentleman who, with the help of his walking stick, travelled from the other end of the city by bus, to join us.

By any standard, this was a beautiful and (please God) a spiritually fruitful event. We continue to pray for Fr Morton and the parishioners of St Bride’s.

Finally, then, again, thanks to you, Theresa Rose, and to all who attended… God bless everyone who supported our humble Rosary of Reparation in Cambuslang yesterday. And He will! He definitely will!

November 5, 2017 at 5:05 pm
      • Agnes

As one of the coffin dodgers who attended the public rosary yesterday, I would like to point out that there were also a number of young people present. You have mentioned that a lot of elderly and sick people attended, but I think people reading the blog should know that there were also young people there. I was impressed at the number of under-sixties who attended.

One of them was a teenager who led the rosary, and he was full of the cold, poor lad. Yet, no complaints, he stayed the course. It was the young ones who took turns to lead each of the mysteries of the rosary, and the time flew past.

Everyone that I have spoken to about yesterday has told me that they had a most blessed day as a result and that they are receiving graces which they believe came from that public act of reparation. The whole thing was very powerful – I’m sure I speak for everyone who was there, when I say thank you to Catholic Truth for organising it.

November 5, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Agnes,

Thank you for that reminder about the young people present. I agree, they were impressive – especially the well-behaved little four year old girl, dangling her rosary as she settled under a bush for warmth! And the fifteen year old who did not let his sniffles win the day, but soldiered on, bravely.

Like you, everyone I meet who attended loved it; one person said she has been “on a high” ever since.

Let’s not forget the purpose of our Rosary, though, and continue to keep both Fr Morton and his parishioners in our prayers.

November 5, 2017 at 11:41 pm
  • Catherine

It was inspiring to see what I consider to be a message of encouragement from Heaven. That makes it worthwhile standing in the cold, freezing!

The rainbow showed that Our Lady approved of what we were doing and I definitely feel that the day was full of graces.

November 5, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Catherine,

Yes, the rainbow has inspired everyone – and for the reason you state; that it reveals Heaven’s approval of and encouragement for what we were doing. It’s certainly clarified my thinking about public prayer. As I have revealed on this blog in the past, I’ve never been keen on public rosaries – but yesterday changed my mind. If it so obviously pleases Our Lady, then, to paraphrase a famous remark, slightly, who am I to think differently? 😀

November 5, 2017 at 11:45 pm
  • RCAVictor

I think the rainbow was nothing short of miraculous and a clear sign of Heavenly approval which even Father Weinandy would recognize, given that the natural conditions necessary for a rainbow to appear were apparently not present in the immediate vicinity. I hope the phenomenon registered clearly with the congenial Father Morton as something supernatural – that is, if the supernatural is a dimension of which he is cognizant! And if he is cognizant of it, that he is also aware that this dimension rules the natural world….not vice-versa, as in the modern Church, with its defective pontificates and its defective hierarchy and clergy.

But I must ask Editor the obvious question: was my paycheck at one end of the rainbow?

November 6, 2017 at 2:33 am

Your pay check/cheque is definitely in the post – if for no other reason than you are the first – possibly the only – blogger who did NOT attend the public rosary to comment on the rainbow! That makes you worth your weight in gold and your pay rise should reflect that… I say “should” when I ought to say “would”… would reflect that, if we had enough money to pay you in the first place, let alone give you a pay rise!

It was suggested to me yesterday in conversation with some who hadn’t attended the Rosary, that the LGBT lobby will claim the rainbow as a sign that God was blessing and approving THEM – but one of the obvious answers to that is the question: when did a rainbow ever appear, outwith the usual conditions, if even then, during a ‘gay pride’ march?

November 6, 2017 at 7:54 am
      • RCAVictor

If God approves of the disordered behavior of the LGBT mob, He would thus logically shower many blessings upon them. So how would all those blessings result in them being so miserably unhappy with themselves?

November 6, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Agreed. And you should know about “miserably unhappy” with all my false promises of pay rises!

November 6, 2017 at 3:58 pm

It is not uncommon for rainbows to appear in the sky even when conditions are dry. It could well be that a rainy shower has occurred a mile or two down the road, or it could just be that the atmospheric conditions above are conducive to a rainbow display. I have seem numerous rainbows in the sky in apparently dry weather conditions.

When heaven sends a sign it is usually one that cannot be talked away by the likes of Fr, Morton, who will probably conclude that the rainbow on Saturday was just a normal natural phenomena. Had lightening struck his chapel roof during the rosary, then I think he would have had a little more difficulty explaining that bolt from the blue! As it happens, there were a number of rainbows over the weekend. i saw one from my garden and there was no rain.

What troubles me more is Fr. Morton’s genial (read indifferent) response to the rosary being offered for his public scandal. This doesn’t make sense. The normal reaction on his part should have been annoyance that members of the faithful were reparing by prayer for his outrage, so I question his apparent friendliness. The only response acceptable from Fr. Morton would be a genuine repentance for the scandal he has given together with a promise to repair publicly asap. In the absence of such sorrow and undertaking, his smiling face and warm handshake mean absoutely nothing. I am personally convinced that Bishop Toal is using this priest as an episcopal mouthpiece for bringing Catholic moral teaching into question. Bishop Toal has not responded to my letter, not even to acknowledge it, which means he’s up to his neck in this along with the smiling, ever-tolerant Fr. Morton.

Let’s hope that public rosary will go a long way to converting them or silencing them.

November 6, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Personally, I always associate rainbows with appearing after rain, and I can’t remember ever seeing one on a dry day, but I don’t think that is the issue here. Even if there were millions of rainbows all over the place on Saturday in dry weather, the fact that one appeared over that church at that time, and stayed, off and on, for the length of the rosary, arching right over the length of the church, is enough to convince me that God used it to encourage the good souls praying in reparation that day. I’ve been fascinated reading about it and I think that there is just nobody confronting the LGBT dominance in society, that it’s not surprising that God would send a sign of his pleasure to the CT group.

I’m not sure about your comments on the priest. I wouldn’t have expected him to go about like a raging bull, and I wouldn’t have expected those saying the rosary to set about him either, LOL! That would have achieved nothing good. I’m glad he was polite to editor and she to him – maybe that can be taken forward.

November 6, 2017 at 7:36 pm
    • Agnes

“While I have absolutely no doubt that Our Lady will bless abundantly all those who recited that rosary of reparation outside St. Bride’s, I very much doubt she’d have used a perfectly natural phenomena to display her pleasure.”

I couldn’t disagree more. What better way could Our Lady display her pleasure at a group of Catholics gathering outside a church where the priest has publicly supported the LGBT movement, than by the using the very natural phenomena that the LGBT people have taken as their symbol – the rainbow?!

I think you are making the mistake of thinking of miraculous happenings as claps of thunder and such like dramatic actions. That’s not how I think of them. I see Our Lady making her presence felt in all sort of little ways in my life, yet which are unmistakeable to me. Others would laugh and say this or that was just a coincidence – that’s not unusual. That’s how the world thinks but we have the faith and should not miss the little signs that Heaven sends our way.

I know you were not present at the rosary on Saturday but I was, and the atmosphere of prayer and reverence was just beautiful. There was a special grace about the occasion which those of us who attended will never forget. I’m in no doubt at all that the rainbow appeared just as we began the Joyful Mysteries, as a sign of Our Lady’s love and pleasure at what we were doing, however imperfectly. She knew our intention was to make reparation and that undoubtedly pleased her. She was determined to show us that the rainbow does not belong to the homosexuals!

About the Bishop not answering your letter – the bishops hardly ever answer letters from people who are taking them to task in some way, so I wouldn’t take it personally. Editor pointed out at the Fatima Conference in May that the newsletter came into being precisely because they got fed up writing to the bishops and getting no replies, so you’re in good company there!

November 6, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Agnes,

I have the same experiences of little ways that Our Lady lets me know she is helping me. I am often startled, but they are things too small to tell others who would definitely say it was just a coincidence! I know differently!

The Rosary on Saturday sounds fantastic. I am in full agreement with your statement that Our Lady “was determined to show us that the rainbow does not belong to the homosexuals!” LOL! That was obviously a very blessed occasion and I am sure the priest will have gained graces from it.

November 7, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Athanasius

I would suggest that Fr Morton’s response does make sense. Your response is from a Catholic perspective. Oil and water.

November 6, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Therese

I’m not so sure about that. If it was a matter of theology then I would probably agree. However, Fr. Morton has spoken out to the detriment of Christian morals, which even conservative Protestants would never contemplate. So unless his Christian conscience is completely dead (and I seriously hope not), then he must know the gravity of his public utterances and the negative impact they could have on young souls. At any rate, he certainly shouldn’t be smiling about the scandal he has given.

November 6, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Therese,

There’s nothing “not Catholic” about being polite, LOL!

November 6, 2017 at 7:37 pm
  • RCAVictor

Fr. Morton’s congeniality also struck me as odd, when you consider the numerous hostile responses, recorded here, to demonstrations and interventions of the real Catholic Faith in venues controlled by modern Catholics. It could well be that he is so sure of himself and the security of his position that his congeniality was just condescension – or even contempt – in disguise.

November 7, 2017 at 3:56 am

The remarks about Fr Morton’s pleasant enough disposition have really surprised me. Even the Jack Rippers of this world tend to be nice, not nasty – otherwise their intended victims would have a huge clue.. and take off in double quick time!

Everyone who has met Fr Morton has stressed to me what a nice person he is. One of the “old-timer” men who attends the SSPX chapel in Glasgow gave me very short shrift when I was advertising our forthcoming public rosary after Mass, insisting that HE knew Fr Morton and that he is “a very good priest” – not just a “nice man”!

The nature of this crisis is that the clergy is suffering from spiritual blindness – not bad manners! Modernists believe that the Church needs to change and the seminaries (not to mention Pope Francis) have seen to it that young priests like Fr Morton have fallen prey to this heresy. I’ve described him as “a bad priest”, quoting St Catherine of Siena, at the top of this thread, for that reason, making a distinction between his professional vocation as a priest and his pleasant natural disposition. Manifestly, he does not understand that it’s the LGBT sinners who need to change, not the Church’s upholding of the moral law which identifies their sin. Let’s focus on getting that message across to him, instead of using his good social manners against him. There’s no point in trying to make a case against him based on nothing more than his pleasant disposition.

For the record, I could sense no “contempt” from him in my short, few minutes, of conversation with him on Saturday. If anything, I would say he may have been a little unsure of himself – remember, I have a reputation for being a very militant, wicked woman.

You have to laugh (at the idea that I’m “militant”) 😀

November 7, 2017 at 10:58 am
  • wendy walker

Reading about this wonderful Rainbow sends a shiver down the spine how very amazing….I do think when people make an effort to speak up and out Holy messages are sent I remember many years ago at a Pro Life Walk in London with many people there Praying out of nowhere a huge Cross appeared in the Sky above up ..it wasnt an airplanes trail and also The Sun came out on this bleak drab day and stayed as long as the Cross did ….Many people were in tears including myself it was so moving, so I fully understand your joy and reverence of The glorious Rainbow …beautiful

November 7, 2017 at 10:58 am

Wendy Walker,

So true. And although we all know that lightning is a “natural” phenomenon, I’m sure we all remember thinking that the lightning strikes on St Peter’s Dome x twice on the day of Pope Benedict’s resignation/abdication were a message (of disapproval!) from Heaven. Goodness, even the BBC commented thus at the time!

November 7, 2017 at 5:52 pm

I remember those lightning strikes! What a shock that was and on the Feast of the Rosary, on the same day Pope Benedict resigned. WOW! I’d forgotten about that. Yes, I think God uses the weather – and it’s no more ridiculous to think that than to blame a few plastic bags, LOL!

November 7, 2017 at 10:04 pm
      • Josephine

I remember those lightning strikes on St Peter’s dome on the day of Pope Benedict’s resignation – they were no coincidence!

The public rosary in Cambuslang sounds wonderful and again that rainbow was no coincidence.

Was there a lot in attendance?

November 8, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Josephine,

I counted those who had arrived at the start, and there were 16 present, but more arrived during the Rosary and I didn’t think to count again. One person suggested there were 18 in all, another said 20, I stopped asking after that in case we got to 100 and witnesses would be produced to tell a different story!

And, of course, don’t forget our friend who pulled over to the side of the road to pray the rosary with us on the dot of 2pm because his sat nav took him in the wrong direction, and two others who told me in advance that they wouldn’t be able to come along but would pray the rosary at the same time, with us, 2pm.

I should take this opportunity, too, to say that I did not actually see the rainbow at all, myself.

We were standing in a circle, and those with their backs to the church didn’t see it. I was facing front, church to the left, and I didn’t look over in that direction at all – being lost in wondering and very mystical contemplation 😀

One lady who was facing the church didn’t see it either, because she kept her eyes downcast throughout (to her later regret!) but everyone else on that side of the circle witnessed it and realised the significance.

Interestingly, the lady who was facing the church with eyes downcast who didn’t see the rainbow, told me later that she hadn’t realised the LGBT people had appropriated the rainbow as their symbol, and was puzzled at the importance attached to it next day when we were talking about it after Mass. Later, she told me that she had “shivers” when someone explained the significance. Although she’d seen the brightly coloured flags etc on news broadcasts, she hadn’t realised they were representative of the rainbow.

So, “were there a lot of people in attendance at our public rosary”?

Not nearly as many as there should have been. To repeat the quote from St Pius X at the beatification ceremony for St. Joan of Arc, words which never fail to stir my own conscience…

In our time more than ever before, the chief strength of the wicked, lies in the cowardice and weakness of good men. All the strength of Satan’s reign is due to the easy-going weakness of Catholics.

Oh! if I might ask the Divine Redeemer, as the prophet Zachary did in spirit: What are those wounds in the midst of Thy hands? the answer would not be doubtful: With these was I wounded in the house of them that loved Me. I was wounded by My friends, who did nothing to defend Me, and who, on every occasion, made themselves the accomplices of My adversaries.

And this reproach can be leveled at the weak and timid Catholics of all countries.

November 8, 2017 at 11:27 pm
  • Heloisa November 9, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Heloisa,

I think that report was posted either further up this thread or on our previous thread on the same topic. It is, of course, right at the heart of this issue; any “pastoral care” for homosexuals can only take place within the context of the Church’s teaching on chastity for all, so Bishop Toal is correct.

It’s just a pity that he does not repeat that truth “in season and out of season”, especially when one of his priests seems to be preaching a different gospel. To encourage LGBT people to attend Mass without specifically making clear that they may not receive Communion unless they confess their sin(s) and turn away from any mortal sin, notably any public sin such as living with a (homo)sexual partner, is very gravely wrong.

The Bishop needs to make that clear when, in cases such as the one under discussion, a priest has publicly, through church bulletins picked up by journalists, given the impression that the Church’s teaching does not apply or that the Church has done harm in the past by this teaching. As if it can be harmful to enforce disciplines intended to save souls from Hell!

November 10, 2017 at 10:03 am
      • Heloisa

Oops! Yes, Editor,I have since noted there’s an entire thread on it. It was good, however, to see that Bishop Toal had at least said something. Appears though, to be suffering from the same disease as the Pope – inconsistency – one minute pro doctrine, the next refusing to defend it. Or perhaps, as you say, this season he says one thing, next season changes his mind? Well, who wants to be bothered with winter on its way?

November 10, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Heloisa,

I think regardless of what Bishop Toal said when pressed (!), the proof of the pudding is in action. He has taken no public action against Fr. Morton, as he should have done. That speaks volumes about Bishop Toal. He has simply failed in his duty to protect the flock.

November 10, 2017 at 6:04 pm