Papal Visit To Ireland: Write Your Own Open Letter To Pope Francis…

Papal Visit To Ireland: Write Your Own Open Letter To Pope Francis…

Open Letter to Pope Francis…

I am shocked beyond words at your silence during the abortion referendum in Ireland. A small group of us, Scots, went over to Dublin in order to help save the lives of the unborn babies at risk of being killed if a YES vote resulted so we remain in shock that the Pope himself remained silent throughout and yet plans to visit Ireland to attend a meeting ostensibly about “family” despite the fact that a keynote speaker is an LGBT-Z activist priest. We were treated appallingly by the majority of the Irish people whom we encountered on our visit – nasty and completely sold to the values of this world. YOU encouraged that by your silence.

You are easily the worst-ever pope in the history of the Church and a future pope and Council will denounce you as it denounced Honorius I. Think of the book titles, the headlines: From Honorius I to Francis I. Roll on!

Used to be that the jibe “is the Pope Catholic” was a joke. No more. Your alleged Catholicity is now the joke. So, enjoy your visit to Ireland, enjoy the World Meeting of Families – just don’t try to pass the event off as “Catholic”.

With no condemnation (however belatedly) of the shocking pro-abortion vote, and your willingness to share a platform with a priest who will present, as a good, one of the four sins that cry to Heaven for vengeance, your presence at this event can only serve to further attack the teaching of Christ’s Church.

You, Papa Francis, are about as Catholic as the nearest Imam.

Signed… Editor, Catholic Truth

Comment:

Click here to send YOUR open letter, albeit short and to the point, to Pope Francis via the Irish Times, ahead of his visit to Ireland later this month. And then feel free to copy it onto the blog and/or share your thoughts about the forthcoming World Meeting of Families.

• dalethorn

I sent the note to the Pope. I said he has the blood on his hands from what is to come with legalized abortion-on-demand, and I asked him what will he do now?

August 11, 2018 at 2:21 pm
  • crofterlady

I also wrote him a letter in similar vein.

August 11, 2018 at 3:15 pm

DaleThorn & Crofterlady,

Brilliant! The more such letters that are sent to the Godless Irish Times, the better. Even if the Pope never sees them, the anti-Catholic Irish Times staff will read them and that makes it worth while.

August 11, 2018 at 5:04 pm
  • RCAVictor

Dear “Dictator Pope”:

Your pontificate has the distinction of being the sleaziest and most corrupt in the history of the Church. You have surrounded yourself with homosexuals and crooks, you seem to think you can change the Divine truths of Church teaching at a sophistical whim, and your disgrace of a papacy is merely a mouthpiece for the subversive globalist agenda of the UN and George Soros. I am not surprised, therefore, that you remained silent regarding the abortion referendum in Ireland, since you have already described faithful Catholics with large families as “breeding like rabbits.” Your recent laughable pronouncement on the death penalty as “inadmissible,” while you say nothing about the death sentence pronounced on babies in the womb, is just further proof of your execrable hypocrisy. I am ashamed to call you my Pope.

August 11, 2018 at 7:01 pm

You’re a hard man… thank God – we’ve enough wimps in the Church, Lord (literally) knows, so it’s refreshing to read your no-nonsense letter. Well said.

Over on your side of “The Pond”, a young blog-mistress has posted her own Open Letter to the Bishops of the USA and I found it impressive. I’ve just posted a comment of support so others may like to follow my – as ever – first class example, she said with characteristic (lack of) modesty.

August 11, 2018 at 9:16 pm
      • RCAVictor

I have now followed your first-class example, he said, with characteristic obedience…..btw, is that perfect man in the picture wearing Scotch plaid pants?

August 11, 2018 at 9:38 pm

You just can’t resist it, can you – having a go at my homeland… so much unjust stereotyping, as if Scotsmen only wear tartan, as if we’re all mean, as if we’ve no feelings. This ad should go some way to correcting that last slur, surely…

August 11, 2018 at 10:30 pm

Dear Pope Francis,

Please resign.

August 11, 2018 at 9:31 pm

Lily,

I know you’re the wrong gender, but your “letter” reminds me of the old Scots song which contains the line: “yer no a man tae throw a word away…”

I can’t remember the tune, so don’t ask me to sing it!

August 11, 2018 at 10:32 pm
  • RCAVictor

I don’t know how to start one of those “hashtags,” but I would like to replace the #meetoo, or whatever it is, with “#resignandbeprosecuted.” Referring, that is, to the internal enemies of the Church who are wearing mitres and scarlet birettas…which conceal lavender underwear…

August 11, 2018 at 11:46 pm

I don’t know much about how to start one of those hashtags either but at a wild guess I’d say you need to sign up for a Twitter feed first! I LOVE #resignandbeprosecuted. Brilliant! It would be worth becoming a Twit just to create that hashtag, if you get my drift!

August 12, 2018 at 9:33 pm
      • RCAVictor

Thanks, just looked up the directions and posted it.

Dyslectics of the world, untie!

August 12, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Really? RCA Victor, please post the link to your Twitter feed – I’d love to read that hashtag

August 13, 2018 at 7:37 am
      • RCAVictor August 13, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Tell your friend Mark, he’s tops at Catholic Truth! Love him!

August 13, 2018 at 7:45 pm
      • RCAVictor August 13, 2018 at 3:03 pm

I’m beginning to like Twitter – never did before!

August 13, 2018 at 7:46 pm

Dear Pope Francis

We have had some very bad popes in history, and not a few of them in the recent past, but sadly you have the distinction of coming top of the very worst. You have insulted Christ, and you continue almost on a daily basis to do so, by your association with, protection and promotion of predatory homosexual clergy, the financial shenanigans of which the Vatican is now a by-word, and your contempt and persecution of those few Catholics who continue to defend His Church. The fact that you have goaded people like myself, who were brought up to revere and respect the office of Holy Father, is not the least of the scandals you continue to create or excuse. I respectfully beg you to remember the judgement we must all face when we have to answer to God for our sins.

August 12, 2018 at 2:18 pm
  • RCAVictor

I was thinking this morning about how some aspects of Our Lord’s Passion are being replicated in the Passion of His Mystical Body, which, however, is occurring over a much longer period of time (i.e. since at least 1960).

For example, the precipitating event of His Passion was the kiss of Judas, the betrayer. What might be the replication of this in the current Church? Well, we have Francis’ crony, Abp. Victor Manuel Fernández and his book “Heal Me With Your Mouth: The Art of Kissing.” His scandalous authorship of this book came to light a couple of years ago, I believe, but I think it could be a reliable indicator of the great apostasy, the minor chastisement, and the corporate betrayal which we are experiencing.

Has the Church, since the existence of that book became known, been arrested and brought to trial? Perhaps that will be the result of this renewed homosexual scandal. In other words, I fear we are nowhere near the denouement.

August 12, 2018 at 7:29 pm

Every time I think of that disgusting book, I feel… disgusted.

How can it be judgmental to suggest that that archbishop is wanting in the virtue of purity? It screams out from that book cover.

Increasingly, I’m hearing calls for this and that organisation (latest, the AID charities) to be prosecuted simply because those at the top must have known about the abuse perpetrated by their AID workers.

Do you see where I’m going with this thought… Rhetorical question.

August 12, 2018 at 9:37 pm
  • Elizabeth

Pope Francis,

As a child of Irish Catholic parents I grew up knowing the hymn whose chorus is : “God bless our Pope, the great, the good.” I could not sing that now. Your papacy has been a huge disappointment , a scandal even, with your dubious take on the traditional teaching of the church as in the Amoris Laetitia encyclical, and your refusal to respond to the courageous dubia from the few faithful cardinals.
    Add to that your shameful silence in the face of the Irish referendum on abortion and the moves towards so called gay marriage.
    Now you are coming to Ireland. Well you are several months too late. You should have been there several months ago to make a stand against the murder of the unborn and to behave like the teacher and shepherd you are supposed to be.
    Shame on you Pope Francis and may God forgive you.

August 12, 2018 at 7:46 pm

Elizabeth,

First class letter.

I, too, remember singing, with pride, the hymn “God bless our Pope…” It would choke me, now, the “great, the good” bit, although I’m not denying that Papa Francis, more than any other pope in history, needs our prayers, whether spoken or sung.

August 12, 2018 at 9:39 pm
  • Dano

It was a good shout to use the Anti Catholic Irish Times, to attack the Pope, pure class !!

August 13, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Dano,

Catholic Truth at your service!

August 13, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Fr Rosica, one of Francis’ tiresome stooges, has written an astonishing article claiming the Church has now moved beyond the influence of both scripture and tradition – which are described as “disordered attachments” – and is now “openly ruled by an individual”.

Pope Francis breaks Catholic traditions whenever he wants, because he is “free from disordered attachments.” Our Church has indeed entered a new phase: with the advent of this first Jesuit pope, it is openly ruled by an individual rather than by the authority of Scripture alone or even its own dictates of tradition plus Scripture

And so my letter to Francis is short, if not sweet:

“Dear Francis,

Sling yer hook!

Regards
    Gabriel Syme”

August 14, 2018 at 8:17 am

Gabriel Syme,

That is incredible from Fr Rosica. The Rorate article is very good, quoting the key teachings about the pope’s authority which can never go “beyond scripture and tradition”. This is just astonishing – things are getting quickly worse.

Love your letter, LOL!

August 14, 2018 at 8:58 am
  • RCAVictor

Even the Jewish commentator Dennis Prager knows more about Catholic teaching than this Pope:

August 14, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Very interesting indeed. I had lunch with a novus ordo friend yesterday and she, firstly, didn’t know anything about this Catechism change and secondly thought it a good thing, since she’s never believed in the death penalty, not even for the worst crimes. I wish I’d had this nugget to hand from that article to quote:

“The notion that it is immoral to execute any murderer — no matter how heinous the murder, no matter how many innocents he has murdered, no matter how incontrovertible the proof of guilt — is an expression of emotion, not of reason or natural law or Christian theology or biblical theology.”

August 17, 2018 at 9:04 pm

And here’s a Belfast priest calling on the Pope to cancel his visit to Ireland. Makes a very strong case, indeed…

August 17, 2018 at 8:59 pm
  • Leprechaun

Madame Editor
    My open letter says: “May God have mercy on your soul”
    Love y’all.
    Leprechaun

August 18, 2018 at 9:04 pm
  • Mary Jacinta Murphy

Dear Holy Father,

The last time a Pope came to visit our island, I was all unconscious of it. Being only two years of age, I missed the great event. A few years ago, had I heard that the Pope was coming to visit, I would have been unfurling my Papal flag, tuning up the vocal chords and beating a path to book my tickets. I am, after all, a regular Mass goer and active parishioner, and having the Pope to visit makes the heart of any Catholic beat faster.

But…..when the great World Meeting of Families takes place, I will be somewhere else. Praying. Working. And wondering whether you, Holy Father, are in touch with the reality of the Church.

For the past fifty years and more, the Church has undergone arguably her biggest crisis in history, of which the horrific sex abuse cases are a lamentable sign. Poverty stricken catechesis and the post conciliar liturgy, supposedly renewed, succeed only in hiding and even in contradicting the true face of Christ and of His Church. Heresy is rife. Apostasy is frequent. Schism hardly registers as a sin. And the commandments of God, especially in relation to the sanctity and permanence of marriage between man and woman, are under unprecedented attack. The baby in its mother’s womb is threatened. Sacrilege is a daily event. Souls no longer seek life and mercy in the Sacrament of Penance. The Holy Eucharist is routinely profaned, as the sacred Particles are lost by careless Communion in the hand. One would be fortunate to find a child in Ireland who can explain even at a most basic level the faith of its baptism.

Is it any wonder that drugs, alcohol, suicide are endemic? The hope of forgiveness of sins, the hope and wonder of life in Heaven, the truth of so many miracles that prove the Catholic Faith- where are these preached today?

I’m not a cultural Catholic; I actually believe, you see. I believe, I know that Our Lord Jesus Christ is God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity, made Man, crucified for our salvation, risen from the dead and literally ascended into a very real Heaven. That, as you know, is the central tenet of our Christian faith. That, and the fact that the Catholic Church is the continuation of His Life on earth: the continuation of His teaching, His practice, His virtues. Despite her fallen members, we know that the Catholic Church alone has received the message of Christ to the world, and His saving Power. And we have the proof!

Power for what? To change the world? Yes, but only and first by changing ourselves. We can be saved from sin and misery by His Grace!

Proof of what? Of His Divinity, and His work in the Church, by many miracles, even by the raising of the dead to life. These miracles are found only in the Catholic Church. The finger of God is there!

So please, Holy Father, continue His teaching, His Life, His virtues. That’s why Catholics look to the Pope. It’s not because his face is on the front page of Time magazine. That’s not what we look for. We look for a Pope who preaches, as all your predecessors, Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever. Christ who says “Thou knowest the commandments: thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery….”

Put an end, Holy Father, to the scourge and sin of false preaching. See to it that the Bishops and priests teach the souls in their care. If the world is displeased, well, the servant is not greater than his Master. Preach once more the Redemption from sin. The world is thirsting for it. Ireland is thirsting for it.

“It will never be too late to have recourse to Jesus and Mary” (Our Lord to Sr. Lucy of Fatima)

August 19, 2018 at 1:02 am
    • Elizabeth

That is indeed a powerful letter, but isn’t it terrible that a laywoman feels she has to write such a letter to the Pope? Beyond belief in fact but sadly very necessary. I just wish it could be shown to him and that he would take note of the contents. Such sad times.

August 19, 2018 at 3:23 pm
    • Spiritus

Mary Jacinta Murphy

what an excellent letter! It expresses perfectly the lamentable state of the Church today and how the Pope and other catholic clergy have failed miserably to teach, govern and sanctify the Church. It is such a great pity that the message contained in your letter will not receive a hearing in Dublin and Knock on 25th and 26th August. It would be the only true teaching heard by Catholics that weekend. I expect that any believing Catholics who would wish to attend would be left outside the gates, as is usual in these times.

August 22, 2018 at 5:02 pm

Mary Jacinta Murphy

That’s a lovely letter. If the Pope and his entourage have a Catholic conscience, they will be struck dumb with guilt and a desire to make some kind of amends. Alas, if only.

August 19, 2018 at 2:57 pm
  • RCAVictor

Mary Jacinta,

Thank you for your eloquent and heart-wrenching letter. May God reward you!

August 19, 2018 at 5:57 pm
  • Mary J

😀 A bit long but best I could manage late at night. I did send it to the IT.

August 19, 2018 at 9:32 pm
  • Lionel

17th August 2018
    by FSSPX NEWS

“According to the official program communicated by the Vatican, the World Meeting of Families to be held in Dublin (Ireland), from 21 to 26 August 2018, will be organized around the exhortation Amoris lætitia, thanks to the diligent intervention of many cardinals ” close to the sovereign pontiff “, as all observers point out.
    From 22 to 24 August, before the arrival of the Pope on the 25th, will be addressed the Cardinals Peter Turkson, Prefect of the Dicastery for the Service of Integral Human Development, João Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation for the Institutes of Consecrated Life, Kevin Farrell, Prefect of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life, Christoph Schönborn, Archbishop of Vienna (Austria), Oscar Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa (Honduras), and Blaise Cupich, newly created Cardinal and appointed to Chicago (USA). To these prelates, who undoubtedly support Pope Francis, will be added an American Jesuit, Father James Martin, director of the progressive magazine America, and ardent defender of the homosexual cause. His lecture will invite listeners to “welcome and respect LGBT people in parishes”…”

How can one claim to be willing to eradicate sexual abuses within the Church and invite supporters of the homosexual and depraved activists of all kinds? This I cannot follow!…
    ONE MUST IMPERATIVELY INTERRUPT THIS MADNESS!

August 19, 2018 at 9:43 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE…

A couple of times in the recent past, bloggers have enquired about The Case of the Missing Athanasius, since it’s quite some time since he put in an appearance here.

In an effort to prevent a conversation developing on the subject, since, generally speaking, I try not to put pressure on bloggers, many of whom have family and work commitments which mean they can only blog “as and when”, I suggested that enquirers should email me privately, adding that Athanasius’s reason for not blogging at the present time “doesn’t put him in a good light, far from it” .

It has been drawn to my attention that this might lead readers to speculate that Athanasius is guilty of some dark crime, or at least held under police caution pending an identity parade 😀

Not at all. It’s much more mundane, I’m afraid – partly a simple misunderstanding between Athanasius and myself, very easily explained…

And partly for personal reasons which have nothing to do with the blog, so he’s currently AWL (Absent With Leave) for the foreseeable future.

I hope that clarifies the position.

Athanasius is, however, a chocoholic so I’m going to remind him of what awaits him if only he decides to cut short that leave!

Drum roll…