Will the (de facto) Schism in the Church be made Manifest at Amazon Synod?

Will the (de facto) Schism in the Church be made Manifest at Amazon Synod?

Comment:

Even the once-papolatrist organisations and individuals who refused to criticise the Pope  because he is the Pope, have been shocked into speaking out since the election of Pope Francis, albeit belatedly realising the gravity of the crisis in the Catholic Church

And now, by all accounts, the Amazon Synod (6 to 27 October) is about to reveal the reality and the depth of this crisis;  many of us know that there has been a schism for many years now, as the Vatican has separated itself, bit by bit, from Catholic Tradition.  It’s not disobeying a pope in a particular instance which causes schism, as is clearly explained here

Now, however, it seems that the real schism – a rejection of the Faith as it has been handed down to us –  is about to become undeniably manifest, if the forecasts are correct, that Pope Francis intends to change the very basis of Christianity – the deposit of Faith.

But, what can anyone actually do to prevent this?  There is no authority on earth above the pope.  Divine intervention, then?  And just what do the Fatima and Quito prohecies about the Church in our times, teach us about the way forward?

• RCAVictor

I think this travesty of a Synod is bringing out the best in Michael Matt. This video is really eloquent and stirring. As for the “new Christ” he starts to talk about around 21:00, the new Christ with which we are being harangued to death: he doesn’t draw the logical conclusion, but he hints at it.

This “new Christ” is nothing but the anti-Christ. And this dark era is the preview of things to come. We should warn our children what it will look like.

October 14, 2019 at 3:41 pm
    • Josephine

I agree – Michael Matt is really coming into his own in these videos.

I didn’t take “anti-Christ” out of what he said, just that this pope and Vatican are trying to re-make the Church and Christ in their own image. I suppose that actually is “anti-Christ”, though.

October 14, 2019 at 4:26 pm

The Fatima Center also are making daily videos during the synod – the answer about euthanasia (case by case basis) is very worrying.

October 16, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Just an hour ago, here is a LifeSite journalist asking a (very long winded) question about the pagan statue set up in St Peter’s – pity she was so long winded but worth watching the 4 minutes to see the responses from the top table.

October 16, 2019 at 5:32 pm
    • RCAVictor

“It’s a female figure that has no sacred or pagan value…” were among the speaker’s concluding words. Yet earlier in his non-response, the speaker stated that this female figure represented “life.”

I’d love to know what school these people went to, a school where they obviously took classes in how to say nothing while sounding like you’ve said something. It gives new meaning to a “BS” degree….

October 16, 2019 at 10:37 pm
  • Theresa Rose

Bishop Schneider has spoken to an audience about his new book Christus Vincit, and, has presented Michael Matt with a copy of it.

October 17, 2019 at 1:45 am

Theresa Rose,

Thank you for that link which I look forward to reading later. Having problems with log in today, among other distractions, but I will check in when free.

I think the school they attended ran that well known course… you know the one… Oh yes, that’s it – you can fool some of the people some of the time, so – go for it!

What I’m wondering now is, where are all the papolatrists who used to visit us on a fairly regular basis to defend all things papal? I take that back – don’t want them here. I’m getting lovely positive messages of appreciation about how peaceful the blog is these days, so let’s keep it that way! Still, it would be interesting to hear their defence of Papa Francis and the Amazon Synod. Just saying!

October 17, 2019 at 12:41 pm
    • RCAVictor

I think “papolatrist” is no longer an accurate term to describe those people. Let’s try “hucksters” or “hoaxers” – you know, like the puppets who are trotted out to speak to reporters at the Amazon Synod. (I’m trying to think of a new term for this Synod, but so far words have failed me)

Here’s an analysis of the secular version of hoaxers, i.e. the mainstream media:

October 17, 2019 at 1:52 pm
  • RCAVictor

If this period is the Passion of the Church, then I’m beginning to think that this Amazon Synod is the Crucifixion.

We’ve had the betrayal (Vatican II – the kiss of human respect), we’ve had the arrest and condemnation of Tradition, we’ve had the Church scourged and sentenced by the state (government responses to sex abuse scandals), and now…

October 17, 2019 at 2:05 pm

Please, would everyone sign this Lifesitenews petition asking the Vatican to remove all pagan symbols (I can’t believe the question has to be asked!)

October 19, 2019 at 3:53 pm
    • Margaret USA

MM,

Thank you for posting this link! I sent it to Madame Editor but you beat me to it! 🙂

I signed it and hope the entire CT family signs it too.

In Christ the King,

Margaret 🇺🇸

October 20, 2019 at 3:05 am
  • RCAVictor

Here’s a welcome shock: a Dutch bishop telling it like it is, in great detail!

The first thing that comes to mind, reading this faithful denunciation of this evil Synod, is this: why hasn’t the SSPX, the alleged lifeboat of Tradition, said this?

October 23, 2019 at 12:25 am

I suspect that the Dutch bishop is the brother of a woman who lives here in Scotland. I met her years ago- she was (and I presume still is) involved in the pro-life movement, and I remember her saying that she had a brother who was a bishop in Holland (and I’m almost certain his name is Robert). I only know her by her married name so can’t be “I swear on oath” sure that he is one and the same, but seems very likely.

I’ve lost touch with her now, not least because she wanted to keep her distance from Catholic Truth, imagining (fondly!) that she would be more successful with her efforts to combat explicit sex education if she were not associated with us. I wonder if she views the safe spaces for “gay” pupils in Catholic schools and the acceptance of “trans” pupils into same schools, and all the rest, as “success”.

It’s great that the Dutch bishop is speaking out so clearly – and I agree that it is surprising, and very disappointing, that the SSPX isn’t doing the same. There is a school of thought that where the diocesan prelates speak out, best to leave them to it, as being associated with the SSPX doesn’t help. At least, our visiting SSPX priest spoke well at Mass on Sunday about the Amazon Synod, the shock of having pagan goddesses in the Vatican etc. so “on the ground”, I presume, they are not keeping silent.

October 23, 2019 at 10:21 am
  • catholicconvert1 October 23, 2019 at 4:56 pm

CC.

Thank you for that link.

RCA Victor did post the original report on the Extinction Rebellion thread, saying (rightly) that this is the sort of rebellion we welcome!

I’m going now to post the YouTube video from Lifesitenews on the new thread about the divinity of Christ/Church. Thank you for posting it here.

October 23, 2019 at 6:16 pm