Why are Catholics Not in Uproar?

Why are Catholics Not in Uproar?

Deacon Nick Donnelly said the Vatican's silence was 'incomprehensible' and the church should have denounced the 'heresy'

The above tweet is quoted in this Mail Online report about Pope Francis’ alleged denial of the bodily resurrection of Christ

Comment:

Deacon Donnelly’s observation is bang on the button.  If Catholics held to even a slithering of authentic Catholic Faith, we would, indeed, be causing uproar, mayhem, to make crystal clear to Pope Francis that up with  his anti-Catholic, and anti-Gospel, words and behaviour we will  not put!

In the past, Catholics would pull dissident priests from their pulpits for preaching heresy but here we have a pope who is speaking and behaving in the most anti-Catholic, anti-Gospel manner imaginable, with bishops either defending him or remaining conveniently silent, and a passive laity, long conditioned by the multifarious “reforms” which have effectively changed the Faith of our Fathers into something which none of the great canonised saints would recognise.

The answer to Our Lord’s question, then:  “When the Son of Man comes, will He find any Faith on earth?”  (Luke 18:8)  has to be, well, not in the UK.  that’s for sure.  And not in most other parts of the world.  Not if He comes anytime soon.

Isn’t it long past time for the senior – allegedly concerned – Cardinals to actually do something to publicly rebuke this pontiff, instead of just giving interviews and writing books/articles which are unlikely to reach the majority of Catholic laity who, thus, in their ignorance, are being misled into error by him? Why has there been no major Press Conference, televised world-wide?  Surely, that is the least we can expect from top churchmen at this very late stage in the worst ever crisis in the Church’s history?

However, if you disagree, be sure to tell us…

• Josephine

This is the most ridiculous thing yet (pagan worship aside) – Year of Ecumenism etc. I never heard of that before.

I am remembering everyone who asks for prayers in my own.

November 14, 2019 at 8:46 pm
  • Marc

Scalfari will say literally anything to sell papers. This is a complete non-story. I find it somewhat nauseating that you people have (seemingly) nothing better to do than attack your spiritual leader, and I’m not even a catholic. Shame on you.

November 15, 2019 at 8:43 am

Marc,

Would YOU keep giving interviews to someone who misquoted you – in the most shocking way – time after time?

Really? I wouldn’t. I would jump immediately to correct any misquotes (as I have done in the past when misquoted in the secular and “Catholic” press, to avoid the scandal of people thinking I hold to erroneous/heretical views or have done something immoral, like attend a funeral of a homosexual and caused a disturbance. Never happened, but was reported in a national Scottish newspaper. I HAD to correct that or be guilty myself of perpetuating scandal. And in case you hadn’t noticed, I’m a nobody. The Pope MUST correct anything attributed to him in an interview – and then stop giving interviews to that atheist journalist.)

So, don’t gimme “Scalfari’s to blame”. Wrong.

PS – Catholicism is not a cult – only cult leaders are above criticism. Popes are not.

November 15, 2019 at 10:14 am
      • Marc

Ed,

It wasn’t an interview per se, it was a private conversation which Scalfari decided to make public. Much like yourself, I would have nothing to do with people who continuously fabricated stories about me but I’m not exactly the forgiving type; the Pope is, and has to be – or (at least) be seen to be.

Where you and I differ, however, is that I would not feel remotely compelled to correct an erroneous story about me – particularly if/when it’s being put forward by a known liar, as Scalfari clearly is. More reasonable people will understand that the story is a fabrication without requiring the Pope jumping to defend himself.

Scalfari is very old – maybe the Pope feels pity for him, who knows? He clearly doesn’t feel obliged, however, to correct anything coming from Scalfari and, in my opinion, nor should he. The Vatican already stated what the Catholic Church believes and, as Pope, it should be beyond reason that he shares the same beliefs.

Editor: here’s the standard way the relationship between Pope Francis and Scalfari is reported: In the latest edition of La Repubblica, Pope Francis’ longtime atheist friend and interviewer, Eugenio Scalfari, claims… So, don’t be daft. If the Pope didn’t want his conversations with Scalfari out there in the public domain, he wouldn’t give them. After all, he was quick enough to tell the journalists on the plane back to Rome from Ireland last summer, that “he would remain silent” about the child abuse scandal which centred on the American Cardinal (now plain Mr) McCarrick, most particularly the part which implicated himself. So, he can keep his mouth shut when it suits him.

You are certainly right in one thing; that it should go without saying that the Pope (every pope) “shares [Catholic] beliefs” – it really should. But this pope has made clear that he doesn’t. As for the rest – gerragrip.

November 15, 2019 at 3:23 pm
      • Frankier

Marc

Even liars can often tell the truth and many honest persons can lie. Even an old liar can get facts right at times.

Being paranoid doesn’t mean that people don’t talk about you behind your back, so everything isn’t always as it seems.

As for willing to turn a deaf ear to any erroneous story about you. I suppose that would be OK if people were saying that you were a winner of the VC but what if someone kept accusing you of, say, stalking? Would you take steps to deny it or would you still keep following them and looking in their window?

Answer only yes or no, please.

November 16, 2019 at 7:10 pm
      • Marc

Frankier,

I would love to give you a detailed answer but, unfortunately, I am currently busy trying to figure out when my bagpipes will go out of tune. Between that, and trying to come up with a Roman numeral for zero, I just won’t be able to find the time. Please accept my most sincerest of apologies.

Marc