13 May – Feast of Our Lady of Fatima… 103 Anniversary of the Apparitions

13 May – Feast of Our Lady of Fatima… 103 Anniversary of the Apparitions

Fatima Shrine Closed To Pilgrims – First Time in over a Century…

Denver Newsroom, May 7, 2020 / 03:48 pm (CNA).- For the first time in over a century, the annual May 13 celebrations at the Fatima shrine will take place without the physical presence of pilgrims, the bishop of Fatima confirmed this week.

Cardinal Antonio Marto said in a May 3 statement that the celebrations for the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima “will take place as was announced April 6, without the physical presence of pilgrims, in the name of prudence to avoid the risk of spreading the novel coronavirus.”

“As planned in conjunction with the civil authorities, the May 12 and 13 celebrations for this year cannot have the physical presence of the pilgrims and will be transmitted by broadcast and digital media,” he continued.

The cardinal explained that hosting “an unpredictable multitude of people” gathering at a time when the coronavirus pandemic is still a serious threat would go against the efforts of health authorities to gradually lift restrictions imposed to slow the spread of the virus.

“We therefore respect, in an attitude of collaboration with the competent civil authorities, the guidelines for these celebrations to be held with a symbolic presence of participants,” Marto said.

The clarification over the Fatima feast day came as the Portuguese government gradually begins to ease restrictions that had been put in place in response to the pandemic, prompting speculation over whether the May 13 celebrations would be able to take place as normal. The annual event typically draws hundreds of thousands from around the world to the shrine.  Read more at  Source – Catholic World Report

Comment:

Judging from the above report, it seems that it might have been possible to allow the celebrations to take place as usual – and that would have been very fitting; a return to normality marked by the Fatima celebrations.  Interesting that the Cardinal didn’t push for that.  Interesting, but not too surprising these days when – in contrast to the Fatima Message – contemporary churchmen are more concerned with the health of the body than the health of the soul.

Still, we take a different view here, so share your knowledge about Fatima, your favourite parts of the Fatima events, hymns and prayers special to you, and your thoughts on the astounding miracle of the sun. Additionally, tell us if you think there is any relationship between the ongoing pandemic  and Fatima, and if you have any ideas about when the Consecration of Russia will take place in the manner prescribed by God and revealed through Our Lady, be sure to let us know.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!

Catherine

A very happy Feast day to you too.

May 13, 2020 at 2:51 pm
  • catholicconvert1

Cardinal Antonio Canizares Llovera is being investigated by police for ‘breaking quarantine’ by blessing a small crowd on the loggia of his cathedral on the city patronal feast day.

May 13, 2020 at 4:04 pm
  • Laura

A very happy Feast of Our Lady of Fatima – without the warnings given to us from 1917 just before the Communists took over in Russia, we would not have been aware that Communism would spread to our shores.

Our Lady, please come to our aid!

May 13, 2020 at 8:15 pm
  • Nicky

Happy Feast of Our Lady of Fatima to one and all at CT.

I agree with those who point out that we would be as ignorant as the rest of the population of the UK seem to be about this “lockdown” only for the Fatima prophecies about the spread of Communism. It’s certainly spread and we are racing towards totalitarian one-world government, of that I have no doubt whatsoever.

May 13, 2020 at 8:20 pm

A happy feast day to everyone.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!

May 13, 2020 at 9:34 pm
  • francescomarta

The Dr Kaufman video link above has been censored. In case anybody hasn’t yet seen it, or wish to to send to contacts, please use link below.

May 13, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Francesomarta

You know you’re living under Communist rule when free speech is censored. YouTube is definitely in the hands of some evil people, fully supportive of China and the lying WHO. Western governments that still value freedom of speech should ban YouTube from their countries, but we know that’s unlikely to happen. Our Lady will deal with YouTube in due course.

May 13, 2020 at 10:01 pm
      • francescomarta

ATHANASIUS

The censors on YOUTUBE will delete any Doctor who disagrees with the corrupt WHO. An organisation which appears to function as an off shoot of Chinese state media. In other words YOUTUBE is controlled by the Chinese communists.

Our Lady of Fatima, Pray for us!

May 13, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Francescomarta

I don’t understand this – the Dr Kaufman video posted above earlier, states it’s been removed by YouTube, yet here it is, again, on YouTube.

Signed Puzzled, Glasgow…

PS to those who have not seen this video before, I suggest you scroll along to 30 where the piece about the WHO / United States preparation to enter homes and test people, forcibly removing people if necessary, begins.

And if we have any technically savvy people who can take that section out and post it separately either on YouTube or, better still, on an uncensored site, that would be great. Obviously, I mean if that is legally possible – do not, whatever you do, break any laws of the land. Even the professional crooks are staying at home these days, so the chances of you being caught have just shot up 😀

May 13, 2020 at 11:52 pm
      • francescomarta

I am not sure myself how this video clip was not censored, except maybe two video threads were downloaded and one got through the censors and the other didn’t (if that makes sense).
        Found this clip and it has not been censored by China and Bill gates yet (sorry I mean YOUTUBE)

May 14, 2020 at 5:21 pm

Francescomarta,

Thank you for that – I’ve only seen snippets of that interview on other videos, so I look forward to seeing the whole thing later.

May 14, 2020 at 6:19 pm
  • Theresa Rose

Happy Feast of Our lady of Fatima to everyone.

It is terrifying to think, that, for the lack of the Pope and Bishops who will not and have not Consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, we are heading into a totalitarian one-world government with such indecent haste.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!

May 13, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Theresa Rose,

Thank you SO much for those few minutes of sheer beauty. I’ve never seen/heard that video before – utterly beautiful. Thank you.

May 13, 2020 at 11:45 pm
  • RCAVictor

Question: how many Judases can you fit into one English hierarchy?

Answer: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/english-bishops-senior-health-advisor-is-a-convicted-thief-and-lifelong-lgbt-activist

May 13, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Hello, folks,

I’ve just popped in quickly with a couple of bits of news and a suggestion.

I had a telephone chat with a friend a short while ago and she told me that she knows first-hand about at least two people in Glasgow who have been stopped by the police – and this was early on in the lockdown. Seems that Police Scotland cracked down from the get-go.

The first example is a nurse who was on her way in the early morning to begin her shift at a Glasgow hospital. Incredibly, not only did the police question her about where she was going and why, but, when she could not give them any documentary evidence, they told her to make sure her employer gave her a letter to carry with her in future, proving that she was a nurse at the hospital. Done and dusted. So, now she can produce the letter if (or, rather, when) she is stopped again.

The second example is another Glasgow woman who offered a neighbour a lift in her car to take her to the shops. Stopped by the police and questioned, the driver was let off with a warning not to transport people who are not living with her, and the passenger was issued a fine of £60. Unbelievable.

Things are moving very quickly indeed – I’m not sure what we can do in terms of political fightback because there doesn’t seem to be anyone in the political world who is challenging any of this.

Spiritually, though, and this is why I’m typing ten to the dozen before the end of the Fatima Feast – I suggest this (which my friend mentioned on the phone, a most timeous and probably providential reminder to us all): as well as praying our rosary etc. it would be beneficial, surely, to consecrate ourselves to Our Lady, using the total consecration of St Louis Marie De Montford. There is no need to worry about the introductory part, the fasting etc and the 33 days preparation – Our Lady will be very pleased if we consecrate ourselves, or renew our consecration, before midnight, to entrust ourselves to Our Lady of Fatima at this time of huge trial, set to worsen in the months ahead. This started off as a three weeks lockdown, remember, but gradually it has increased and we’re now talking about October…. then we are talking about 18 months to 2 years when a vaccine is found etc. The truth is, there will be no end to this until the Pope consecrates Russia in the manner prescribed at Fatima. Here’s the link to the consecration – if you’d like to consecrate yourself on this Feast, there’s still over an hour left if you live in the UK – scroll down to The Day of Consecration to where it says The words of consecration are:

May 13, 2020 at 10:44 pm
  • crofterlady

Thank you, Editor, Will do..

May 13, 2020 at 11:31 pm
  • John Rayner

I am aware that this topic is now petering out but maybe there is just a little space from one last burst from me. I have said above that we here in Western Australia have actually less problems that you good folks have in this time of the coronavirus pandemic. Well our churches will reopen next Monday and I have just spoken to my Parish Priest and he will be opening my Parish Church on Monday and he will offer Holy Mass twice every weekday while obeying the restriction which out State government is imposing of no more than 20 people within the church for Mass. This is a bit of a tricky one but we will come by having everyone registered for the particular Mass. I have booked myself in for the 7am Mass on the five weekdays of each week and, speaking to my Parish Priest he agrees. So, I will be at Mass at 7am next Monday morning and I will continue being present at Mass for each of the following four Masses next week up to Friday Mass.
    Who would have guessed that this would happen in my parish next week?

May 14, 2020 at 12:21 pm

John

Firstly, worry not, this thread is not “petering out” – it remains open and since Fatima is at the heart of this tyrannical lockdown, it will remain open indefinitely. There will be no shortage, sadly, of other Coronagate/Wuhan Flu threads, but always the Fatima prophecies will be central and it may be, in some cases, that this thread will be the most appropriate. This thread, in particular, has been praised by phone by readers who say they have learned SO much from it, so it will be a useful resource for the duration, be assured.

Secondly, I’m pleased that you are soon to have Mass provision, but it dismays me to see the clergy going along so readily with the restrictions. A tyrant’s dream. I am puzzled as to why they don’t cite the critics who argue that social distancing is irrelevant, makes no difference, not scientific… (found only online, not on any news broadcasts which are clearly now effectively State-controlled)

Then, however I recall that the mass of the population, including bishops and priests, have fallen for the propaganda. They are worried about their health. And they question nothing.

May 14, 2020 at 2:28 pm
  • catholicconvert1

Can you tell me why post in reply to Athanasius’s comments on Churchill above has not been published? Did you remove it, or did I not post it correctly?
    Editor: another blogger had made the point that Churchill had a mixed reputation and was not universally regarded as a “hero” (words to that effect). So, that point was made. Yours was a lengthy post which, despite your introductory disclaimer, was highly political, and thus not suitable for this blog, as I’ve pointed out to you more than once. As for what happened to it – if you recall, due to your persistent comments on matters political, despite requests to desist, you were moved into quarantine moderation, so I’m afraid I didn’t release your Churchill comment. Athanasius had made a passing remark about Churchill, another blogger took a different view and said so, thus we did not need a full-blown History of Sir Winston Churchill, by Catholic Convert ! 😀

May 14, 2020 at 4:40 pm
    • catholicconvert1

Athanasius made a political statement by praising a controversial political figure. Yet you do not put him into moderation. You have your favourites on here. That’s been obvious for a while. Other bloggers said they were voting for the Conservative Party to deliver Brexit, and criticised other parties, and myself for voting Labour. This blog regularly praises Trump and denounces the Democrats and is therefore political.

Editor: I have removed all the personal remarks from this latest comment and, as you can see, it is being published so you are wrong about being censored. You give examples of what you see to be “political” bias in the comments of some of us on this blog, but you are wrong. We discussed Brexit, yes, but that was a cross-party issue and we discuss pro-life issues, but there are no parties at all in the UK which are pro-life. Party politics is at the centre of your life, it seems, but it is not the purpose of this blog to discuss Party politics. When politics enters into our discussions, as it does, of course, then it is by reference to how this or that political person or issue relates to the requirements of our Faith.

Donald Trump is the first ever President to address a pro-life rally and his exorcism of the White House after so many years of left-wing evil being perpetrated from that address means we support him. The Democrats, on the other hand, are guilty of perpetrating evil – big time – beginning with the murder of babies even after birth and celebrating it openly. So, it would be shocking if we supported them in any way. If you don’t like us, then don’t bother blogging here. But let go of the nonsense that I have “favourites” – that’s what the trolls and troublemakers have been saying for years. Idiots. It’s ridiculously childish.

If you don’t return to blog, that’s fine – thank you for your input over the years. If you DO return, then please give up trying to propagate Labour party politics. Having been raised in a devotedly Labour-voting family, I’ve now seen the light, which means I don’t vote for any of the political parties – they’re all anti-God and I cannot, for the life of me, see how you, as a convert to the Faith, can justify your devotion to any Party, given that they are all full of hatred for Christ and His Church. I admire those, like Trump, who are fighting the evils of the New World Order (totalitarian one-world government) which will (as we are already finding out) affect our religious freedom, big time, a man who begins every Cabinet meeting with a prayer and who called a day of prayer at the start of this virus crisis, but, as for the rest… not interested, so, if you choose to leave us, so be it. I’ll get over the heartbreak in time 😀

May 15, 2020 at 1:15 pm

This is from Lifesitenews, a cardinal speaking about Pope Francis being a trial for the Church – a bit of an understatement, LOL!

May 16, 2020 at 9:03 pm

Lily,

That’s really interesting – very interesting indeed. And I note that towards the end, Cardinal Burke is also quoted. Today, I’ve just posted a link to his renewed call for the consecration of Russia on the thread to mark the Ascension of Our Lord into Heaven, since on that thread we’re invited to discuss the concerns and remedies for the state of the Church in our times. I said that I would also post the link here.

May 21, 2020 at 10:45 am