Tell Nicola Sturgeon that we want our freedom back NOW! Sign Petition…

Tell Nicola Sturgeon that we want our freedom back NOW! Sign Petition…

Comment:

Today, 21 May, the First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon told us all, very solemnly, that she had decided to give us back our civil liberties, bit by bit, as she sees fit, when she thinks it’s all in our best interests.  No thanks.  We are adults.  We’ll decide for ourselves if and when we want to stay in our homes, visit our families and friends and we’ll also decide what we want to buy – not just what she deems “essentials” (food and medicines).

We’ve had enough.  Martin Blackshaw,  one of our bloggers (Athanasius),  has organised a petition demanding an early restoration of our personal rights and freedoms, entitled Lift the lockdown, which opens with the following observations:

It has become very evident recently that the First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon, has chosen to politicise the Covid-19 virus by refusing to co-operate with the UK government in its efforts to begin lifting restrictions on “lockdown” for at least many more weeks, possibly months. There is also a strange rhetoric emanating from Holyrood about a “new normal” in our lives, rhetoric that should worry all who value freedom and human rights, not to mention the economy.  At the time of writing, deaths in Scotland from suspected Covid-19 stand at around 2,200 from a population of around 5.5 million, a figure that can hardly be construed as the plague upon us requiring the severest of measures never before witnessed in the history of our nation.  Click here to sign the petition, and please spread it far and wide.

Then share your thoughts – IS the rhetoric emanating from Holyrood about a “new normal” in our lives, sinister?  Should it worry us all?  Obviously by “worry” we understand – as Catholics – that we are in the constant care of Divine Providence, but in a purely human sense, should we be concerned that we may, like the poor Chinese and citizens of other totalitarian nations, emerge from this unprecedented lockdown without our personal freedoms fully restored?  Is that what is mean by the “new normal” – less personal freedom?  Fewer civil liberties?

*********************************************

I thought I should mention that someone using the name “Athanasius” on the Church Militant website is commenting in support of CM’s sleaze campaign. For clarity, it’s not me!

May 23, 2020 at 4:37 pm
  • Fidelis

I see the numbers on the petition are slowly going up, but is there no way to get more people alerted to it? I saw one for the English lockdown and it was gaining thousands of signatures. What’s wrong with the Scots? Are they really quite happy to live like this, being told by Nicola Sturgeon how to live and when and where to go etc?

May 23, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Fidelis

I’ve posted the petition on Twitter and not had a single response, though I’ve heard that Twitter uses a function called “shadowbanning” that makes Tweets appear normal to the poster but are not available to other Twitter users.

I’ve also posted the link on a couple of newspaper comment pages, agani without response. The people of this country deserve all that’s coming to them, including the soup kitchen depression that will soon follow.

May 23, 2020 at 9:28 pm

I don’t suppose anyone’s missed this news about Dominic Cummings, top Government adviser to Boris Johnson, but just in case, I’m posting an extract from the daily briefing, below, if you’ve missed it, you can see for yourself how, all of a sudden, the same top doctor who has been so quick to stress that we all, the hoi polloi, stick rigidly to the lockdown rules, now tells that we can use a dollop of common sense. Just in case we catch on to the fact that there’s one rule for us numpties, and another rule for the… well… ruling class. “Common sense” can be applied? That’s good to know…

I’ll remember that, as we experience extension after extension to this lockdown, or a dragged out “easing” of restrictions… In summary, who the blankety blank do these “experts” and “top advisers” think they are? For how much longer do they think we are going to allow ourselves to be played for fools? Those of us who can think for ourselves, if not the mass of the almost fully conditioned population, have no intention of allowing ourselves to be played for fools any longer… I’ve always had lots of common sense…

May 23, 2020 at 8:40 pm

In addition to the above observation about Dominic (some nerve) Cummings & Co., I had a telephone call today from an old friend who, as we were drawing our chat to an end, made me laugh heartily.

I had made my by now not uncommon observation about Nicola Sturgeon and her Health Secretary, both of whom appear before the cameras every day with perfectly neat and styled hair cuts. How do they do that when all the hairdresser shops are (supposedly) closed? Surely not breaking lockdown to have house visits/treatments?

My friend jumped immediately to say that he has been saying this for a while. He pointed out that his hair is well overgrown, but he notices, not just the female politicians mentioned a moment ago, but all the journalists, male and female, who always look like they’ve just come straight out of the hairdresser’s/barber’s shop.

The men should all, he concluded, be looking like violinists by now! Touché

May 23, 2020 at 8:48 pm
    • RCAVictor

Maybe all those teleprompter readers are going here for their styling:

May 23, 2020 at 11:01 pm
      • Nicky

LOL! That’s a definite possibility!

May 23, 2020 at 11:04 pm

RCAVictor

I would visit Sweeney Todd for a haircut right now, I’m that desperate!

May 25, 2020 at 1:43 pm
      • RCAVictor

LOL – I think you should drop a wee wry note to your Head Fish, asking where she gets her hair done, as you would like to patronize the same establishment….

May 25, 2020 at 5:34 pm

RCAVictor

It wouldn’t do any good. I sent her the most exquisite chair for Christmas last year only to find out later that she hadn’t even sat on it, much less plug it in!

May 25, 2020 at 6:51 pm

In the interests of fairness, remembering that I am 500% apolitical, I was pleasantly surprised today to see Steve Baker MP (Conservative) interviewed on Sky News about the Dominic Cummings fiasco, with Steve saying he’s objected to Cummings since the day he walked into Downing Street, and is now calling for his resignation, but I digress. The point of this post, in the interests of fairness is to report…. (drum roll) ..

That he clearly needs a haircut! He’s the first politician, male OR female, who looks like he’s not been out of the house for weeks!

Of course, Boris ALWAYS looks like he needs a haircut, but that’s different 😀

May 25, 2020 at 8:29 pm
      • RCAVictor

That would have made a “juicy” story…..

May 25, 2020 at 10:16 pm
  • Nicky

I found a good joke about long hair – seems appropriate for this part of the thread, LOL! Read on:

I haven’t cut my hair in a long time. Initially, when it started getting a bit long, it was irritating and I doubted whether it was worth the effort. But lately it’s not been so much of a hassle anymore. Maybe long hair isn’t so bad after all… Seems like it’s growing on me.

May 23, 2020 at 11:09 pm

Nicky,

Great joke!

May 23, 2020 at 11:20 pm

Nicky

Very good!

May 25, 2020 at 1:44 pm
  • Michaela

I wish the petition numbers would go up more quickly – I’ve just looked and it stands at 95. In England, their petition to end the lockdown is running into the 3 – 4 thousand.

I do believe that as long as people are kept fearful about this virus and paid to stay at home, the majority will go along with it. Propaganda is a very powerful tool.

May 24, 2020 at 11:41 pm

Michaela

I agree, the numbers are just not there. I have been commenting on various national newspaper platforms, highlighting the petition, which has garnered a few more signiatures. Overall, though, it reflects once again the utter inability of people in general now to do research and think for themselves, a further sign of decades of deteriorating education and the rise of the nanny state. It grieves me to say that I don’t think the petition is going anywhere. Just wait till the country goes bankrupt, though, and all the benefits dry up!

May 25, 2020 at 1:41 pm
  • Miles Immaculatae

I am not sure if someone has already mentioned this, but but contained within this article is a video from STV’s Twitter of children thanking and praising Nicola Sturgeon regarding lockdown.

May 25, 2020 at 9:36 am

Miles Immaculatae,

I’ve tried several times to open that link but get a blank white screen every time.

I’m interested to read that, though, so will try to find it using the words in the link, a little later.

May 25, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Miles Immaculatae,

Further to my comment of a few minutes, ago, this appeared in my inbox, courtesy of a friendly Protestant reader, rightly saying that we are living in dark times and must pray. I think this is what you were posting in that link. The comments on this twitter feed, following the video, speak volumes as the people describe as “scandalous” the use of children by the First Minister / her Government in this way…

May 25, 2020 at 2:11 pm
      • Miles Immaculatae

Ed,

That’s the link. This is reminiscent of propaganda in authoritarian states. Flagrant political bias for a so-called independent news broadcaster. Spooky.

May 25, 2020 at 2:48 pm

Miles Immaculatae,

That video is particularly disturbing given the news that North Korea backed Scottish Independence…

Think about that: both China and North Korea “trading” with the UK and Scotland, if independence is achieved.

I wonder why totalitarian regimes are so drawn to us, in these parts? Could it be that our compliant reputation had gone before us, and now we’re proving how easy we are to control? Just a thought.

May 25, 2020 at 3:43 pm

I received an email criticising the Petition, from a lady – Louise – which I passed to Martin. He replied as follows:

Dear Louise,

Having just read the content of your email very carefully, two thoughts occurred to me. The first is that you haven’t read my petition objectively since you ignore the facts produced therein and continue with the propaganda. The second is that I suspect you are ideologically left-leaning, which would explain why you favour a cultural Marxist like Nicola Sturgeon while writing detrimentally of Boris Johnson and insultingly of President Trump, the first American President to donate his Presidential salary to charity and stand publicly for the life of the unborn in a world largely given over to legalised infanticide. I would have thought you of all people, valuing human life, would appreciate a man like Donald Trump in politics. Once again, though, it seems you overlook the facts in favour of Left Wing propaganda.

I readily admit that I made a mistake in my petition when I wrote that Sweden has a similar population to Scotland, I confused Sweden with Finland. Of course you’re right to say that Sweden has twice the population of Scotland, which may explain why it has more deaths than Scotland, though not quite double the figure given double the population.

In this regard, you will doubtless be aware that Professor Neil Ferguson (“Professor Lockdown”) predicted 40,000 deaths in Sweden by May 1, rising to 100,000 by June as a result of the country not locking down. Yet what do we find? We find that, relatively speaking, deaths are no more numerous in Sweden than in any locked down nation. It is also worthy of note that Sweden has a very high care home population consisting of extremely elderly people, which accounts for a substantial number of those deaths. I am not aware that the Swedish government has come to regret its decision not to lock down, nor am I aware of any plans by that government to alter course. It remains a contradiction to the locked down world.

If you care to check the statistics, you’ll find that Germany and the UK, both locked down countries, have vastly different infection/death numbers, the UK being much worse in deaths. Hence, it is far too simplistic to say that lockdown equates to lower death numbers. Indeed here in the UK the majority of deaths have occurred during lockdown.

Now, you state that people in the 30s, 40 and 50s are dying of Covid-19, yet you do not clarify that these are in the minority and usually as a result of underlying illness which any flu or respiratory virus would exploit. Your further claim that children are now being infected with a mutated form of the virus is speculative at best and just another government terror tactic at worst. There is officially-proven scientific evidence to show that Covid-19 represents [no] danger to children in any form.

Contrarily, the Swine Flu of 2009 represented a much greater threat to young people, so much so, in fact, that Professor Ferguson predicted at the time that 65,000 would die in the UK and advised the government to close all schools and churches. These didn’t close and the final death toll was just 300 with £1.24 billion wasted on vaccines that were never used.

I accept that you may personally be working in an area particularly badly hit by this novel flu virus, perhaps an area with a large elderly and/or poor health population. If so then I sympathise with what you may have experienced in a flu hotspot, but let us not pretend that this is common to all areas when 40% of NHS hospital beds are lying empty for the first time in decades.

Two of my brothers are nurses, one general and one psychiatric, they both assure me that Scottish hospitals are anything but overwhelmed with Covid-19 cases, yet cancer patients have had their life-saving treatments suspended.

In respect to ventilators, it is now becoming evident that ventilators are killing more patients than the virus. This first came to light when a young doctor on the front line in New York pleaded with authorities to stop using these devices as patients were not suffering from ARDS and the pressure of ventilators was collapsing their lungs. It has since been estimated that around 90% of Covid-19 patients put on ventilators have died as a result.

I have personal experience of ventilators from the time my young sister of 28 years developed pneumonia as a result of blood cancer treatment. The doctors told us that they were reluctant to put anyone on a ventilator as it is very difficult to get them off again. They were right, my sister died on a ventilator.

On that tragic note, since this response is beginning to get extremely lengthy, I will leave it there. Suffice it to say that if you can provide me with official information that contradicts the statistical and other evidence I have presented in my petition, then I am always willing to re-evaluate my position.

As things stand, however, bearing in mind that I was six years old in 1968 when my entire family fell ill with the Hong Kong flu, a virus that killed 80,000 in the UK, I think it unlikely that anyone will ever convince me that this present flu remotely justifies the present suppression of civil liberties and the destruction of the economy.

Since post mortems are suspended for the duration of this Covid-19 outbreak, the numbers of deaths in Scotland and the UK, already relatively low in killer pandemic terms, must be questioned. We have no idea really of how many declared Covid-19 deaths have actually resulted from other causes such as seasonal flu, heart disease, cancer, etc., since no distinction is being made.

That’s how I know this is a fake pandemic and a fake national crisis, politicised to bring about geopolitical ends and to impose a suspension of civil liberties that even Churchill didn’t dare instigate in a far more deadly situation.

I regret that you don’t see what’s happening, that the actual statistics don’t open your eyes. This is the power of propaganda when channelled through State media with the intention of terrorising a nation.

In her email to me, Louise stated that someone on the blog “made a comment to the effect that if any Chinese person dared to show face on the blog they would soon be gotten rid of. Not a very nice remark from someone who would probably regard herself as a good Catholic.”

I replied to that allegation as follows:

…I was appalled to read your claim that someone on our blog “made a comment to the effect that if any Chinese person dared to show face on the blog they would soon be gotten rid of. Not a very nice remark from someone who would probably regard herself as a good Catholic”. I have no recollection of any such remark, and on a quick check of the two most recent Coronavirus threads, I can’t find anything remotely like that, so would you kindly email me with the topic of the thread (i.e. the headline) and the precise name of the blogger and date and time of the comment. I will remove that immediately, and replace the comment with a rebuke. Thank you. For the record, though, Catholics are not encouraged to think of ourselves as “good Catholics”. We try to be faithful to Christ and His Church, but only God knows who may be “good” at any given point in time – since temptation and sin may strike at any moment, it’s unwise to think of ourselves as “good”! [message sent Monday, 25 May, at 00:01 am)

At the time of this writing, no reply has been received but I will record any reply as soon as I receive it.

May 25, 2020 at 1:30 pm

There has been further exchange beween Martin (Athanssius) and Louise. Here is the bulk of Martin’s reply (it would be too much to post both emails, but his reply is obviously answering Louise’s complaints/claims)…

Dear Louise,

In respect to your response to my previous communication, I agree that we are probably not going to agree so will make just a few parting observations, if I may. Before doing so, however, I would like to make it clear that I am not driven by party politics, I am driven by my Catholic Faith and how it pertains to civil society, if it can still be called civil, and most especially the eternal salvation of my soul and the souls of as many others as I can help along the way by God’s grace.

As we both know from our experiences with death, life is extremely fragile and relatively short in terms of time. Eternity is forever and we alone decide in this life, using our God-given free will, where we will spend that eternity, in heaven or in Hell. Hence, every choice we make in this world that detracts from the Commandments of God or undermines the moral and natural order ordained by God for our material and eternal happiness, will be brought back to us at our personal judgment, including choices we made for God or for selfish ends when weighing and deciding who we vote into public office. By our vote we consent to either stand with God by selecting the most moral candidate, or we stand against God by voting for immoral candidates who simply bribe the electorate with promises of material benefits. Sadly, in our day, politics has become so corrupted that it really does come down now to who offers the bigger bribes for votes.

Given this dreadful state of affairs in every country, I really don’t know what Motivates Donald Trump in his defence of the unborn child, all I know is that it is a great good that saves the lives of babies in the womb while others like Obama, Clinton, Bush, Biden, etc., have facilitated legalised infanticide for decades. Indeed, the Democrats in the U.S. are now touting the idea in certain places that the law should be further amended to allow for the killing of babies at birth in cases of failed abortion. That’s a policy straight from Lucifer himself! I will not indulge here in the many other immoral anti-family laws these people have promoted, suffice it to say Donald Trump is the first U.S. President in many years to publicly acknowledge God, the Christian family and the sanctity of human life. His enemies can bite their tongues in rage all they like; calling him insane, a liar, a cheat or whatever, he still stands for moral good against their evil and is therefore the only choice for genuine Christians.

Closer to home, the term I used to describe Nicola Sturgeon was not “Marxist” but “Cultural Marxist”, there is a vast difference in approach between the two. Marxism in general works towards a materialistic world void of the supernatural (God, Christian morality, etc.), but the Cultural Marxist is far more subtle than the average subversive Communist in the promotion of this end.

I would suggest that when you get some time you study the methods of Antonio Gramsci, which will give you an insight into how Cultural Marxism operates. In the meantime, let me just say that, shocking as the revelation may first appear, Boris Johnson and his Lib Dem and Labour colleagues on the opposition benches are as much Cultural Marxists as Nicola Sturgeon. That they differ in secular policy issues; fiscal, social, health, etc., is immaterial, what is significant is that they are all united in excluding God from their deliberations and in imposing legislation that contradicts the divine Commandments and undermines Christian culture. It is this identical agenda in the fundamental order of faith and morality that betrays one mindset behind various deceptive party titles.

As regards Covid-19, putting aside all other statistics and declarations that show it to be a politicised virus, 40% of empty NHS hospital beds together with Professor Chris Whitty’s admission that the virus is “harmless” for the majority really answers the question of whether or not Covid-19 is a killer pandemic so dangerous that civil liberties had to be suppressed and national economies destroyed. There is something much darker driving the propaganda on this virus and the “New Normal” we will henceforth have to live with.

It amazes me that what they could never have achieved by force of arms, they have so cleverly managed by orchestrated national terror. Now begins a new era of totalitarian governance complete with 24/7 surveillance, track & trace, forced vaccinations and all manner of checks on identity and freedom just as in China, North Korea and the former Soviet Union, but all for our own good, you understand!

What is unfolding in our society today was predicted by Our Lady of Fatima in 1917 in both the Message and Secret she revealed to the three children in relation to Russian Communism and its eventual subjugation of all free nations. I will assume you know about the Fatima apparitions.

Enough said. I have expressed what I believe as clearly as I can, with solid and indisputable facts together with reading suggestions for your further enlightenment, and I suggest we leave it there.

God bless