Archbishop of Liverpool: “We’re not going back to normal…” Faithlessness writ large!

Comment:

It’s almost beyond comprehension that any prelate of the Church, any priest or layperson, could go along with this utter madness.  Even leaving God out of it (which is what they are doing, of course), are they not aware of the information countering the Government’s “science” –  information which reduces the politicians’ claims, and those of their “scientific advisers”,  to nothing more than propaganda?

I posted a comment over at YouTube underneath the above video which was subject to what is called “shadow banning” – I can see it but nobody else can see it.  I have published a second comment to let them know that I am aware of this dishonesty, so that will also be removed, no doubt, in due course. In my original comment, I  had given the link to this blog, so, clearly, they don’t want viewers crossing over here to be educated in the truth  about the Chinese virus.

This madness is not – of course – restricted to Liverpool.  We have our own craziness here in Scotland, as previously discussed.

In conclusion, below is an extract from my editorial in the current, July (Issue # 118) edition of our Catholic Truth newsletter…

“Bad enough, surely, that our bishops are unquestioningly obeying the wholly Godless Governments of the UK in terms of the general lockdown restrictions, but to pander to the craven panic around us by mimicking the same Godlessness in churches, is shameful. We are being told, in effect, that God is dangerous.

Watching videos of priests wearing masks and gloves as they distribute Holy Communion is mortifying. They look really ridiculous. It’s incredible that they think nothing of putting their faithlessness on public display like this, treating the faithful like lepers.

They’ve forgotten the example of Our Lord Himself: faced with ten actual lepers, people suffering from a skin disease, at once highly infectious and disfiguring, Christ did not praise the worried villagers for their lockdown policy, banishing lepers from society in order to (drum roll) “save lives”.

How often will contemporary clergy have preached (what we may now dismiss as hollow sermons) about the way Our Lord did not turn from these poor sufferers – and, remember, St Paul taught that Our Lord was like us in all things but sin (Hebrews 4:15). In His humanity, He may have been repulsed and fearful at the sight of these lepers.

Christ’s reported action, however, reveals what is expected of His followers – especially His priests – in such situations. Cowardice isn’t on the list.

Nor did any of the canonised saints who lived through plagues go into hiding, declaring an end to the sacramental life until a treatment was found. On the contrary, when famine and plague struck Milan in the 16 century, the famous Cardinal – St. Charles Borromeo – went into personal debt to feed the hungry, visited plague sufferers and bathed their sores. We can take it as read that he did not hesitate to administer the sacraments. No such edifying examples are to be found in the 24/7 cycle of breaking news during the Wuhan Coronavirus/Covid-19 crisis. Thus we witness the effects of the dissent, scandal and loss of divine and Catholic Faith so frequently, albeit sadly, reported in [this newsletter].

Is it possible that priests who truly believe in the Real Presence would place hand sanitizers at the back of churches for use in place of holy water? As one of our bloggers remarked: “What they are doing now they will answer for in eternity before the divine judge. I think we have to accept that a very great majority of bishops no longer possess supernatural faith, they are mere functionaries of a culturally Marxist new world order.”     Ends.

Your comments invited…

I’ve emailed the link to this thread to the Parish Priest of Holy Rosary church, Aintree (featured in the video) and to Archbishop Malcolm McMahon.

I’ll be away from my computer for much of the rest of today, so I have released a couple of bloggers who had hitherto been moderated – hopefully, I’ll be able to leave it that way. Hint, hint!

July 12, 2020 at 2:32 pm

One of the great examples of the faithful priest, i.e., a priest who understands that the health of the immortal soul is more important than the health of the mortal body, was the 19th century St. Damien of Molokai.

This holy priest, following the example of his Master, Our Lord, ministered to the lepers without care for his own bodily health. His wonderful life stands in stark contrast to the modern clergy who have complied with “iniquitous laws” and isolated themselves from the souls under their care. Faithless, cowardly or both, it matters little. The Master they have been serving these past months is Lucifer, and that looks set to continue.

July 12, 2020 at 2:44 pm
  • RCAVictor

The minions of the Satanic New World Order must have been studying us for quite some time, analyzing our strengths and weaknesses (just like their master), in order to come up with this sinister plan of attack. It certainly has worked well, despite being based strictly on illusion and deception. The West is now largely – with a few exceptions – populated by germophobes living in fear of something allegedly deadly.

You would think that our Catholic hierarchy would have fewer such weaknesses than us simple lay folk, due to the shield of Holy Orders, but it seems that the saturation of the secularizing “spirit of Vatican II” has marinated them into servility and numerous forms of worldly corruption.

July 12, 2020 at 6:54 pm
  • RCAVictor

This is Editor’s charitable way of calling out our government idol-worshiping clergy for what they are: shameless hypocrites. And that includes, first and foremost, Pope Francis, who blathered on ad nauseam early in his pontificate about the Church being a “field hospital.”

Well, the field hospital closed down at the first sign of physical disease – which is interesting, because this Franciscan field hospital could never have addressed spiritual disease either. It was too busy proffering excuses and rationales for sin in the form of situation ethics.

No, Francis and his sycophants don’t want to smell the sheep. They are an effeminate bunch who just want to smell their own cologne – or each other’s cologne….

It’s the same old socialist fraud: broadcast far and wide your compassion for the oppressed, the downtrodden, the poor, the excluded, the marginalized, while you surround yourself with privilege and insulate yourself from those for whom you claim to care.

July 12, 2020 at 11:11 pm

“charitable”… me? You really are pushing for that pay rise… 😀

Agree about the “field hospital” – I think Archbishop Vigano made the same point. Francis’ rhetoric doesn’t match his actions. But then, sadly, the same is true of all too many priests today. They talk the talk,as the saying goes, but never quite walk the walk.

It’s one of those daft sayings – like “it is what it is” DUH!

July 13, 2020 at 12:13 pm
  • Helen

Victor, they are beyond a disgrace. Think of Fr. Willie Doyle of first world war 1 fame and Fr. Damian who ministered to the lepers. They, the present “shepherds”, are cowards. I will never go to a SSPX service again. Our PP kept up the ministry to us with Masses, illicit, and the sacraments. God bless him. N.O. or not, he wasn’t a coward.May God bless him. This so called pandemic has sorted the chaff from the wheat.

July 12, 2020 at 11:11 pm
  • Helen

When the hierarchy capitulated to the secular government and shut down the sacraments, I wasn’t terribly surprised because, on the whole, they are a faithless lot. But when the SSPX followed suit, I was in utter disbelief! I would never have imagined that sons of the great Archbishop Lefebvre could be such traitors to their flocks and abandon same because of a virus! Where was their supernatural faith? That’s why I will never attend their chapels again.

On the other hand, several mainstream priests I know continued, albeit clandestinely, to minister to their parishioners, say Masses, hear Confessions and visit the sick. Good faithful priests who put the spiritual needs of their flocks before the rules of governments and bishops. I’ve heard of such priests all over the country and abroad. Therefore, these priests must have a strong faith and perhaps get dragged along by the antics of Vatican 2, not because they agree, but because they want to minister to their flocks. Therefore, that’s where my allegiance will go in future.

July 13, 2020 at 11:46 am

Helen,

I do understand your position – trust me, I do very definitely understand.

The only thing I can think of right now to say to you is that the priests don’t stay too long in any one place, so the chances of a zealous priest(s) being appointed, keeps some of us going, plus the fact that Archbishop Lefebvre, as you imply, would definitely not have been going along with this disgraceful closure of churches. He’d hardly have placed himself in opposition to the modernist authorities in Rome and been accused (falsely) of illicit disobedience, only to accept the unlawful diktats of a Marxist secular government. No way.

If you don’t have young children to think about, then I don’t blame you for wanting to attend Mass elsewhere. I have long argued that it is only to give children the maximum protection from outright modernism that I recommend the SSPX churches.

July 13, 2020 at 12:11 pm
    • littlecharie

Helen,

The SSPX website has clearly stated that if anyone wished for confession they should contact one of the priories. I know people who did this and arrangements were made to meet so they could make their confession.

July 14, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Littlecharlie

Not good enough, I’m afraid. The Mass and Sacraments should not have been suspended in the first place because the civil law acted contrary to the natural and divine law. All priests were obliged before God to resist such a law and they all manifestly failed in their duty.

July 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
  • RCAVictor

I think the Church herself has experienced a “new normal” within recent memory: the “inoffensive to heretics” Mass of Paul VI, which instantly descended on the Mystical Body like an iron curtain – when was it, the first Sunday of Advent, 1969? (I was not a practicing Catholic back then, not sure when it first raised its ugly head).

I’m sure the Luciferians, who after all were behind the creation of this monstrosity, were watching the reaction carefully, just as they are watching now with the scam-demic. So what did they see?

They saw a significant number of clergy, religious and laity leave the Church; they saw a tiny minority actively resist; they saw most people, clergy and laity, accept the radical transformation out of “obedience.” They saw, in fact, many of those clergy and laity welcome the revolution, and joyfully embrace their own debasement.

Worst of all, they saw almost every bishop cast incense before the un-Catholic liturgy imposed on them, without uttering a peep. The very same liturgy they had voted against, 2/3 to 1/3, when it was first presented to them, was now meekly accepted.

This should tell us that this crisis – which, as Editor pointed out long ago, is above all a crisis of bad bishops – existed well before Vatican II, and that the reaction of the bishops to the “banal, on-the-spot product” was identical to their reaction to this lockdown. In fact, the first servile reaction was a preview and a prediction of the current servile one.

Servility to a scandalous, evil liturgy = servility to a scandalous, evil lockdown.

July 13, 2020 at 3:31 pm

RCAVictor

I cannot disagree with anything you say because it is the bold truth. One interesting clarification, though. The Novus Ordo was first celebrated in 1967 before a good number of prelates gathered together for the Rome Synod of that year. It was the New Mass debut, for want of a better term, and it failed miserably./ Almost all the bishops voiced either complete opposition to it or serious reservations. Sadly, it didn’t stop Paul VI promulgating it without change, without challenge from those who had previously rejected it, I have to add.

Sounds familiar – cowardly prelates who toe the party line for their career’ sake! Their still at it, although now most of them no longer have the faith.

July 13, 2020 at 4:19 pm
  • Helen

It will be interesting to see if the SSPX priests will give Holy Communion on the tongue when Masses are resumed because the Bishops have banned it. The priest told me that he couldn’t give us Holy communion on the tongue at a public Mass from Wednesday but he is willing to do so privately.

July 13, 2020 at 4:26 pm
    • RCAVictor

Helen,

The rubrics of the 1962 Missal, which is the one used by the SSPX, forbid reception of Communion by any means other than on the tongue.

July 13, 2020 at 4:33 pm

Helen

While I understand your just anger at our SSPX priest’s compliance with the iniquity of government legislation that has trampled human freedom and suppressed the public worship of God on the pretext of health, I will never return to the Novus Ordo as long as there is breath in my body.

I think your PP is a good and zealous priest after the heart of Our Lord, but he celebrates a Mass that is ultimately as destructive to souls as those who suspend Traditional Mass in compliance with evil government. The latter, however, will at some point be moved on with, hopefully, more faithful priests to take their place. The former, though, will remain to chip away at the faith and I could never again return to that, no matter how well meaning the PP. I would certainly make use of the Sacrament of Confession from such priests, even Holy Communion if it can be given after Mass without attending the Mass, but that’s as far as I would go.

The Traditional faithful right now have been put between a rock and a hard place because we always thought that of all clergy the Traditional ones would be the last to fail in their duty to oppose unjust civil laws that eradicate the First Commandment. It’s truly a tragedy.

July 13, 2020 at 5:09 pm

I make no excuses for anyone who fails to respond to letter or emails – especially emails. There is certainly no excuse for priests, including SSPX priests, to ignore communications. It is thoroughly bad-mannered, a tangible lack of grace.

There isn’t any excuse at all, and it’s not about busy schedules. I’ve lost count of the number of TV programmes I’ve heard mentioned in sermons – stuff I wouldn’t dream of watching (e.g. Game of Thrones) So, if they’ve time to watch such rubbish on TV, they’ve time to answer correspondence, however briefly.

I would much have preferred the concerns expressed here to have been dealt with by email correspondence but if there were any reply at all, it would have been along the lines of… “chill out” – which I’m now going to do!

I really would prefer this particular topic to end here now. Points have been made. Let’s leave it there. Thank you.

July 13, 2020 at 11:17 pm

A Protestant reader and friend of Catholic Truth sent the following email today:

Fr. Michael J Kane (@FrKane) Tweeted: I have amazingly creative parishioners! https://t.co/XJaPWVNcW2 https://twitter.com/FrKane/status/1281174697636499457?s=20

Do these people not realise how ridiculous they look?

July 13, 2020 at 11:19 pm
    • RCAVictor

That seems to be a perverse interpretation of “When life hands you lemons, make lemonade”!

Who was it that said that men soon learn to love their chains?

July 13, 2020 at 11:37 pm

RCAVictor

The other one is “If you tell the lie long enough people will believe it”. I think that’s a Communist quote on tactics. It sure seems to work as they all really believe there’s a plague doing the rounds. We always expect a little more wisdom from priests, the grace of office and all that, yet so often let down.

July 14, 2020 at 12:49 am

Just commented on Twitter in response to this further humiliation of the Church and, yes, I was “creative”!!

July 14, 2020 at 12:46 am
  • graeme taylor

My small rural parish had emailed to say the church would be open a couple of weeks ago and as I felt I was going mad as I can not go into the Presence wearing a mask or having ( I am sure well-intentioned volunteers) guiding me to where I should kneel. So I went to church last Sunday (open for prayer from 9 am till 11 am) and watched outside from 8.45 am till 11.15 ( till the church was locked again) to see with my own eyes how many went along with this madness.
    There was the volunteer, ( I assume the priest was inside) and four parishioners turned up. This is a church where if you are not there by 8.45 am you many times have to stand at the back.
    It was in a strange way comforting that only four people turned up. I can not countenance this appalling imposition of the State on my Church ( nor the acquiescence of our bishops). We have been told via email that only 16 could assist at Holy Mass, but I can not go in all conscience with these ridiculous practices mandated.
    I can not see the parishes surviving on the donations of 16 or so people for long, nor do I see the incomes of the bishops falling so drastically continuing for long either.
    If nothing else backbones may develop when they realise the faithful are duped no longer. and their incomes dry to a trickle. My elderly mother has been speaking with her friends, they had been to their parish in Edinburgh for prayer the week before and when asked if they would be assisting at Mass they all said no way. ( These ladies are not computer users and were shocked at what they saw in God’s Temple)
    Why have our bishops not organised Mass outside ( it is summer) where the State’s demand for masks would become obsolete? I am so discouraged by the lack of leadership and that awful photograph of Arch-bishop Tartaglia – arms open and mask on -in the press a few weeks ago.
    I wish I knew a priest who offered the Holy Sacrifice – but alas Our Lord has sent us these “shepherds” instead.
    End of rant.

July 14, 2020 at 12:15 am

Graeme,

I totally agree with you – there’s no way I’ll be going along with any of this nonsense, masks, hand sanitizer etc. Even a brief browse through the counter-propaganda information on this blog, shows up the whole “crisis” for what it is. Baloney.

Even one man, interviewed on the street (in England) this morning for Sky News, asked about Boris’s decision to impose the wearing of face-coverings in shops as from 24 July, remarked that the best thing now is to get everyone back to normal life and, pointing to his own mask (which was slung around his chin), said: “and stop nonsense like this.”

Absolutely.

July 14, 2020 at 12:17 pm
      • RCAVictor

The “second wave” baloney (or, if you prefer, bologna) is even more laughable than the first. Now we are being told by the CDC that 40% of those testing positive…

…you know, those tests that yield 80% false positives, and don’t actually test for a disease…

are “asymptomatic.” In other words, no symptoms. There are indeed a small number of diseases that are or can be asymptomatic, but the flu is not one of them.

In short, if you are asymptomatic regarding the flu, then, voila, you are NOT SICK!

(Oh, and the previous CDC guess was 35%, as this article reveals):

(I know, it’s an Arabic website, but I thoroughly enjoyed their use of the word “guess.”)

July 14, 2020 at 2:49 pm

RCAVictor,

More proof, if more were required, that the Covid crisis is a globally manufactured crime against humanity, not to mention God! It only amazes me that so many people have fallen for it and so many of the clergy seem unable or unwilling to resist the iniquity of it. Crazy times indeed, apocalyptic even.

July 14, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Graeme Taylor

I also agree with every word. The real tragedy, for me, is that the clergy, those who should know better, have complied so readily with the evil one. They mock Our Lord in His own House, it’s utterly shocking but it’s also showing us the extent of the apostasy in the clergy, from the top down.

July 14, 2020 at 12:40 pm
  • crofterlady

Graeme Taylor, yes, it’s summer and our PP wanted to say Mass outside and was forbidden by his bishop from doing so; because of distribution of Holy Communion it seems!

July 14, 2020 at 12:53 pm

Crofterlady

There’s the Bishop’s apostasy from God right there, visible to all!

July 14, 2020 at 1:31 pm

Next move…

Editor, keeping Anthony in my prayers. Please update on his operation when you can.

July 14, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Therese,

Thank you for your continuing prayers for Anthony. His operation is tomorrow, 16th July, Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, so this week is off the radar in terms of busyness – I have been appointed CEO of the Ministry of Dogsbodyship, so I’m away from my computer more than usual this week – which is why I’m only now responding to your kind promise.

Will update, hopefully with all good news, as soon as I receive it.

July 15, 2020 at 11:18 am
  • RCAVictor

This is one of the best overall corrections (and, in the process, exposes) of the scam-demic I’ve seen to date:

July 14, 2020 at 2:36 pm
    • francescomarta

RCA Victor

This is an excellent video and the good Doctor is great at explaining to us layman how we should deal with this virus. .

Another good idea for the Catholic Churches to open up as normal would be to dress up the Priests and Parishioners as Police Officers. Apparently Covid -19 will not go near Police Officers and the Police never have to wear masks, Police Stations are never quarantined and so we have no reports of outbreaks of positive tests from the Police. It must be the uniform!

July 14, 2020 at 5:21 pm

RCAVictor

That’s a brilliant video, I’ve just posted it on Twitter (about six times)! Thanks for that.

July 14, 2020 at 6:13 pm

RCAVictor

I see they’ve taken that Doctor’s video down from YouTube. This is yet more evidence of the demonic intelligence behind this scam-demic (or scam-demonic)!

July 14, 2020 at 10:15 pm
      • RCAVictor

I first saw it on Facebook as a Vimeo (I think) video. I will try to post the link here:

July 14, 2020 at 10:53 pm
      • francescomarta

RCA Victor

Well done!

July 14, 2020 at 11:02 pm

RCAVictor

Many thanks. I have now copied that link to all my Twitter posts. It does show the Luciferian agenda at work in these big tech companies, though.

July 14, 2020 at 11:07 pm
      • RCAVictor

Isn’t it interesting: the all-powerful barbarians of the New World Order are afraid of the truth, and the Catholic bishops are afraid of the New World Order.

As Elvis Presley used to say, “There’s a whole lotta shakin’ goin’ on.”

July 14, 2020 at 11:03 pm

RCAVictor

Indeed they are, more afraid of the NWO order elite than of Almighty God, assuming of course they still have any supernatural faith left in their souls.

July 14, 2020 at 11:17 pm

The fact that the video you posted “is the best overall correction and expose of the scam-demic….” probably – without meaningful doubt – explains why YouTube removed it.

July 15, 2020 at 11:19 am
  • francescomarta

More of the generic flu tests that produces masses of positive tests were deliberately used to disrupt the food chain at a farm that supplies Aldi, Asda, M&S and Sainsbury’s. Apparently three people fled the farm, one of whom tested positive. I think they are being hunted down like escaped murderers. You can only imagine how people will react to those of us who refuse to take the vaccine.

Yes the screw is tightening as Dr Vernon Coleman explains.

July 14, 2020 at 10:01 pm
  • RCAVictor

The Gospel for today’s saint, St. Bonaventure, made me think of the bishops we are discussing:

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt lose its savor, wherewith shall it be salted? It is good for nothing anymore but to be cast out, and to be trodden on by men.” (Matthew 5: 13…)

(Mass In Medio, Common of a Doctor).

July 14, 2020 at 11:11 pm

RCAVictor

In other words, once the faith is lost it won’t be restored. What a terrible state for any soul to fall into, the dead conscience.

July 14, 2020 at 11:19 pm
  • Caroline

Wow, haven’t been to a Novice Ordo Mass in some years. Watching that was chilling. No geneflecting? Is that a Covid thing too? Or is kneeling before Our Lord and Savior beneath these people.
    No prayerful time spent in His presence after communion? I don’t even know what to say. This is devestating for people’s Faith.

July 17, 2020 at 9:12 am

Caroline

Sadly, that’s the result of chipping away at the Faith for decades with the New Mass and new rules, there’s hardly any belief left in anything and certainly no reverence for Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. When priests hand out the Blessed Sacrament as though it were just a piece of bread then eventually the fathful come to think of it as just a piece of Bread.

The XVI century protestant Reformers (revolutionaries) would be extremely proud of what the Catholic hierarchy and clergy have managed to achieve for the cause, almost universal unbelief.

July 17, 2020 at 1:06 pm
  • RCAVictor

Caroline and Athanasius,

Here is a new article which refutes objections to questioning (or dumping!) Vatican II, using…wait for it…the method of St. Thomas Aquinas! I love it.

July 18, 2020 at 4:41 pm