Happy Easter 2021: Rejoice! Christ Has Already Overcome the World! (John 16:33)

Happy Easter 2021: Rejoice! Christ Has Already Overcome the World! (John 16:33)

V. Regina caeli, laetare, alleluia.
Queen of heaven, rejoice, alleluia.

R. Quia quem meruisti portare, alleluia,

For he whom you did merit to bear, alleluia,

V. Resurrexit, sicut dixit, alleluia.

Has risen as he said, alleluia.

R. Ora pro nobis Deum, alleluia.

Pray for us to God, alleluia.

V. Gaude et laetare, Virgo Maria, alleluia.
V. Rejoice and be glad, O Virgin Mary, alleluia.

R. Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia.

R. For the Lord has truly risen, alleluia.

Oremus…

Deus, qui per resurrectionem Filii tui, Domini nostri Iesu Christi, mundum laetificare dignatus es: praesta, quaesumus; ut per eius Genetricem Virginem Mariam, perpetuae capiamus gaudia vitae. Per eundem Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.

Let us pray…

O God, who gave joy to the world through the resurrection of Thy Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, grant we beseech Thee, that through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, His Mother, we may obtain the joys of everlasting life. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

Comment:

As always on Feast Day threads, feel free to discuss relevant issues, share favourite prayers, stories, jokes and hymns.  It might be useful, too, to use this thread as a “catch-up” on news, although, hopefully, we’ll get back into the swing of topic threads as soon as possible – which reminds me to thank those who kindly sent suggestions for topics and even some video clips; much appreciated.

Happy Easter everyone!

• Catherine Reply

Happy Easter to all!

April 4, 2021 at 7:27 am

Catherine,

Happy Easter to you and yours!

April 4, 2021 at 4:24 pm
  • Fidelis Reply

Happy Easter to all CT bloggers!

April 4, 2021 at 8:06 am

Fidels,

Happy Easter to thee and thine!

April 4, 2021 at 4:24 pm
  • westminsterfly Reply

A blessed and Happy Easter to you all. Readers may hear about a post-Easter devotion which is gaining ground, called ‘Via Lucis’ – The Way of Light, also called The Stations of the Resurrection. It is normally pushed around this time – a warning – it is a post-conciliar novelty started around 1988. Also I mention my annual concern about the doubtful ‘Divine Mercy’ devotion which culminates on Low Sunday. A time to rejoice, but also a time to reject novelty. ‘Hold fast to that which is good’

April 4, 2021 at 12:13 pm

WF,

Thank you for the reminder – it was bad enough to see (in Lourdes of all places) – that they’d added a 15th Station to the Stations of the Cross to include the Resurrection but to have specific Stations of the Resurrection is just crackers gone mad.

So, thank you for that timely reminder and for the reminder about the Divine Mercy devotion – not my cup of tea at all.

April 4, 2021 at 4:23 pm
  • Athanasius Reply

A very blessed Easter to all bloggers and their families!

Westminsterfly

You’re quite right to warn about these modernist novelties. I have never heard of this via lucis you describe but it sounds something similar to the 5 Luminous (ludicrous) mysteries added to the rosary by Pope John Paull II. I mean, imagine thinking that he could add to a devotion given to us by Our Lady herself? That’s why I use the word “ludicrous” and have never accepted this particular novelty. Typical Modernists, they believe they can improve even on devotions given directly by the Mother of God.

April 4, 2021 at 1:39 pm
    • editor Reply

Well said. Whether we call them the “Luminous”; “Ludicrous” or – as one of our sometime bloggers labels them “Gluminous” mysteries, it takes some nerve to claim the inspiration to improve on that which was revealed by Our Lady herself.

April 4, 2021 at 4:21 pm
  • Theresa Rose Reply

A blessed Easter to everyone.

via lucis? That is a new one to me. I agree with Athanasius being warned against these modernist novelties.

At least one clean joke today:
    I was going to tell you about all the drama at the convent, but then remembered it’s nun of your business.

April 4, 2021 at 3:28 pm
    • RCAVictor Reply

Theresa Rose,

That joke is second to nun…and I must admit, making puns is getting to be a habit…

April 4, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Theresa Rose,

Look at the disruption you’ve caused on this blog already – I’m having NUN of it!

Seriously, I laughed heartily – great jokes; the pair of you (RCA Victor and your good self) should be on the stage… It needs a good clean after being out of use for so long 😀

April 4, 2021 at 4:20 pm
    • Margaret Mary Reply

Theresa Rose,

Love it! Also love RCA Victor’s follow up!

I hope you laugh at this one:

My husband purchased a world map and then gave me a dart and said, “Throw this and wherever it lands—that’s where I’m taking you when this pandemic ends.” Turns out, we’re spending two weeks behind the fridge.

LOL!

April 4, 2021 at 7:22 pm
      • Theresa Rose

Margaret Mary,

I have not stopped laughing at the pun of spending two weeks behind the fridge. Poor lass should have had dart throwing training. That and RCA Victor’s follow up has cheered me up no end, especially in these times.

But, What do you call a sleepwalking nun?
        Answer: A roamin’ Catholic.

Why did the priest giggle through his homily?
        Answer: He had Mass hysteria.

April 4, 2021 at 8:18 pm
  • RCAVictor Reply

A Happy and Holy Easter to all ye bloggers!

Via Lucis? The successor occultists to Helena Blavatsky and her Theosophists were a group called the “Lucifer Trust,” started by Alice Bailey, but they later changed their name to “Lucis Trust.” Same “angel of light,” different disguise. ‘Nuff said.

Speaking of “Enchanted Chocolate,” yet another sign of the resurgence of the occult in this apostate world.

And may this Eastertide bring a dissipation of the fear of the virus among Christians who find themselves so afflicted, and may they replace that fear with joy.

Oh yes, and may the fear of Truth strike terror into the hearts and minds of the demented evildoers and their “Great Reset,” just as the fear of Truth caused the Pharisees to bribe their sepulcher guards to say that Our Lord’s body was stolen while they slept…!

April 4, 2021 at 3:51 pm
    • editor Reply

I remember reading about that “Lucifer Trust” – in fact, I think they abbreviated that name to “Lucis” – but not 100% sure.

April 4, 2021 at 4:18 pm
  • RCAVictor Reply

WARNING: if you happen to consume some of that Enchanted Chocolate, don’t click your heels together three times, or you might find yourself in a Novus Ordo parish…

April 4, 2021 at 3:55 pm
    • editor Reply

Thanks for the warning – I didn’t think of that!

I did write to Galaxy and finished my message by wishing them an enchanted weekend.

Clowns!

April 4, 2021 at 4:17 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

RCA Victor

You forgot to add “wherein the parish priest wears ruby slippers”!

April 4, 2021 at 6:24 pm
  • Faith of Our Fathers Reply

Happy Easter to all on Here and may this Lockdown End Soon . So as the Next One can Start Especially in Catholic Ireland. Wouldn’t want those Quislimgs to have to come out ,say around Christmas.

April 4, 2021 at 4:13 pm

FOOF,

Happy Easter to you – and spot on about the next lockdown. Precisely when it will begin, we don’t know but begin it most certainly will.

I just hope I have time to eat my [enchanted] chocolate egg before that happens 😀

April 4, 2021 at 4:42 pm
  • editor Reply

I know some of you will know about this scandal but I thought I would post this clip here for those who may not know about the way the police in London interrupted the Good Friday service in a Catholic Church in London (Polish, Novus Ordo) and – despite apparently the people having pre-booked and the regulations being followed – the congregation was told to disperse or face fines and arrest. Welcome to the new (ab)normal…

April 4, 2021 at 4:27 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

I sent this email to Boris Johnson in response to that outrage. Copies of the email were also sent to Dominic Raab and Sir Desmond Swayne.

Dear Mr. Johnson,

I am writing to express my utter disbelief that you have turned our free country into a Beijing-like police state under the guise of a fake killer pandemic. The police raid on one of London’s Polish Catholic churches on Good Friday was the ultimate outrage, a sacrilegious act against Our Divine Redeemer on the very day when we commemorate His suffering and death on the Cross for us, and you bear full responsibility before God for that demonic act.

You have no business interfering with the superior supernatural mission of the Church on earth under any circumstances – it is abuse of civil authority and a direct affront to God for which you will most assuredly have to account when you stand before the divine judge, as we all must.

These are the kinds of wicked evils that occur in Communist countries, not in nations whose freedom was bought with the blood of our military heroes who died in two World Wars to preserve our freedom and democracy from threatening totalitarian despotism. You have turned our country into China and North Korea with this COVID fakery – and you know well that it’s fakery! Anyone with an IQ higher than a house plant, researching the official statistics, knows it’s garbage, the means by which those Davos subversives can impose their “Great Reset” of global totalitarian Marxism.

Frankly, I would rather face a genuine deadly plague than live under the tyranny you have imposed on the people of this country in the name of this Chinese flu, using the media to psychologically terrify citizens into compliance with your unlawful behaviour.

Well this is your hour, Mr. Johnson, the hour of shadows, the hour in which you have illicitly assumed to yourself and your government a dictatorial authority like that of Hitler, Stalin, Xi and other power abusers past and present who likewise supplanted freedom and democracy with atheistic police state brutality in the name of “the common good”.

To quote G K Chesterton in this regard: “First abolish the God and the government becomes the God”.

When the lies behind this COVID virus finally come to light, as they most assuredly will at some point in time, justice will be well served if you, your government lackeys, your police and media puppets, Sturgeon in Scotland and other globalist servants of the Davos elite stand before judges in the Hague charged with crimes against humanity.

That may or may not happen in any of our lifetimes, but be assured that the divine judgment is certain for all one day and it will be far more rigorous with eternal consequences. To use the police to defy the right of God to the worship of His creatures, and on Good Friday of all days, effectively subverting the health of immortal souls under the pretext of preserving the health of the mortal body, is shocking blasphemy and way beyond the remit of any earthly authority.

So now you have the infamous distinction, like the aforementioned despots, of being a civil leader who not only subverts the freedoms of his people but also the right of God to the worship of His creatures. It was surely the darkest of days for Britain the day you were elected Prime Minister. END.

April 4, 2021 at 6:30 pm

That is a brilliant email. If the man has a soul at all, he will be worried and so will Dominic Raab, one of the lackeys you mentioned. At least Sir Desmond Swayne has tried his best to bring this tyranny to an end, but he is one of a very few.

April 4, 2021 at 7:20 pm
      • RCAVictor

What I always especially like about your letters is that they are aimed directly at the consciences of the evildoers.

As for anyone with an IQ higher than a house plant being able to figure out this fraud, have you ever seen so many house plants disguised as politicians?

April 4, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Absolutely fantastic! A truly brilliant letter. As RCA Victor says, correctly aimed at the consciences of these evil-doers.

I believe Dominic Raab is a “Catholic” – so I’m glad you included him.

April 4, 2021 at 9:09 pm
      • westminsterfly

Dominic Raab isn’t a Catholic. Read in his own words his novel approach to matters of religion:- https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/brexit-secretary-dominic-raab-jewish-refugee-1.466795

April 4, 2021 at 9:35 pm

WF,

Thanks for that – I don’t know where I go the idea that Raab is a Catholic – clearly not, and neither is his “Brazilian Catholic wife” if she holds the same views about “ticking the diversity box” for their future children. God help us all.

April 5, 2021 at 12:06 am

Add my voice to the others who praise your excellent email. It’s really excellent. If that doesn’t make them think again, nothing will.

April 4, 2021 at 9:13 pm
      • mary

Happy Easter to all.
        A brilliant letter.
        I too wrote a strong rebuke a month or so ago, to the administrators of Salisbury Cathedral who allowed the Cathedral to be used as a mass vaccination centre. Replacing the Church of England faith with the “covid faith”. TPTB are spitting on all we hold dear.

April 4, 2021 at 9:24 pm
      • westminsterfly

Brilliant letter as always. Just one mistake – you should have addressed it to Carrie Symonds and her clique, as they seem to be the ones running the country at present, in spite of the denials. Has anyone noticed since the most recent occasion (sometime this year) when she was accused by the MSM of being unelected but holding undue influence over public policy, she’s opted to keep a low profile – not to say that she isn’t still active behind the scenes.
        But I don’t blame Symonds for this specific event. It seems, on the face of it, to be the usual standard of anti-Catholicism in England. I’d love to see the police try those tactics in a mosque during one of their feasts.

April 4, 2021 at 9:30 pm
      • cbucket

Agreed. Excellent letter. Happy Easter.

April 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
  • Margaret Mary Reply

I love this hymn, although I’m not sure these are the same words I know from church – mostly, but not sure if they’re exactly the same. I love it, though, very stirring and perfect for Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter everyone!

April 4, 2021 at 7:15 pm
  • gabriel syme Reply

A very happy Easter to all bloggers!

April 4, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Gabriel Syme,

Happy Easter!

April 4, 2021 at 9:10 pm
      • Margaret USA

Christ is Risen!

Thank you for posting the Regina Caeli – I couldn’t remember it for my First Saturday rosary so instead I had to say the Hail Holy Queen.

Sorry I’ve been away so long. However, I saw the St. Joseph post and alas it was already closed. (I looked at it about an hour after midnight on 20 March EDT.)

April 7, 2021 at 6:32 am

Margaret USA,

Due to the time difference between us, that can happen.

Happy Eastertide to you – glad you enjoyed the Regina Caeli. I think it’s beautiful, as well.

April 7, 2021 at 10:14 am
  • Lily Reply

Happy Easter to everyone of the CT Bloggers.

I love the Regina Caeli with Pope Benedict singing – it’s just beautiful.

Pope Francis, on the other hand, is recommending that the poorest countries be given the vaccine!

Mercy me! As if those poor people don’t have enough to suffer. Such a pope!

April 4, 2021 at 9:12 pm
  • Athanasius Reply

Thanks to one and all for your great support for my email. Will it make a difference to these people? Frankly, other than Sir Desmond Swayne, a decent man who always responds, I don’t think Johnson or Raab will even get to see it. And if they do read it they’ll simply bin it, though I believe that it will gnaw at their conscience.

RCAVictor

You can probably tell by now that I’m very fond of using the “IQ higher than a house plant” phrase. I thought it hilarious when I first heard it and have used it regularly since, whenever the opportunity presents itself. But I do agree with you that there seem to be an awfull lot of house plant politicians around these days, though I think they’re not quite as green as they are cabbage looking. Boris Johnson always looked and behaved like a clown but is in reality a very shrewd operator who could never be trusted. I reckon most of the politicians are like that today – self servers who go along to get on, such as the so-called Catholic Jacob Rees-Mogg. The entire establishment needs clearing out and replaced with God-fearing, honest politicians like Sir Desmond Swayne.

April 4, 2021 at 10:23 pm
  • Patrick Healy Reply

Dear Editor,
    A happy Easter to you and all on here.
    One more great missive from our in house sage Athanasius.
    It should be sent to Lockdown Sceptics as I am sure old Toby Young would publish it.
    I also enjoyed that clip from Calgary in Canada were the minister had an epic rant in throwing out the ‘Gestapo’ (his words) from his establishment. He too is Polish of some protestant persuasion.

I am sure some wiser person than I could post a link

April 5, 2021 at 7:38 am

Patrick

A great idea – I’ll send Athanasius’ email and the link to this thread to Tony Young – I agree, he would – more likely than not – publish it.

In the meantime – why can’t we have Catholic priests with the character of this Protestant minister in Canada, who threw out the police calling them Nazi Gestapo Psychopaths”!

April 5, 2021 at 10:13 am
      • Margaret USA

Tucker Carlson had that minister on his show tonight. It really struck home with me because our Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church suffered under the Communists for 80+ years.

Our late metropolitan, Stephen Sulyk (who is deceased 1 year yesterday – Bright Tuesday 6 April) lived under communism before he escaped and came to the USA.

God save the USA, the UK, the Queen and all of us!

I hope you had a blessed Pascha/Easter.
        ❤❤

April 7, 2021 at 6:15 am

Margaret USA,

Disappointingly, the Australian/Canadian Rebel News reporter on one of their shows seemed to disapprove of the minister’s strong language. Unless I’ve misinterpreted – he seemed to be shaking his head and muttering disapproval. He made a remark to the effect that the fine was “only” $350 so that’s made me think again about the value of their “fight the fines” campaign. That may not be a lot of money to him (as he indicated) but it would be a lot of money to an ordinary working family.

April 7, 2021 at 10:17 am

Patrick,

I’ve now visited Lockdown Sceptics but there is no way to contact them – you can donate, but not email! I also spent a couple of minutes trying to find another means of contacting Toby Young but life’s just too short. Here is what I was about to submit, if I had found a contact address, so if anyone else wishes to try, they are welcome to use the following:

Hi there,

We are hoping you might be interested in publishing the following email, sent to Boris Johnson by one of our bloggers (Athanasius – real name Martin Blackshaw, from Edinburgh) and published on our blog at Catholic Truth on Easter Sunday
      [link from browser pasted here].

Martin Blackshaw writes…

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Thank you.

Patricia (Editor, Catholic Truth).

April 5, 2021 at 10:26 am

Thank you for spending so much time trying to get in touch with Toby Young. I also get frustrated when I can’t find contact details on a website and, like you, end up exiting from the site. Life is indeed too short, but thanks for trying.

April 5, 2021 at 11:36 am

My pleasure – however, it makes me wonder how he gets the material which he claims is sent to him by readers of the Lockdown Sceptics website.

Seems only “those and such as those” are allowed into the inner circle. Doesn’t look good, or – as they say these days – the “optics” are bad 😀 If they’re really keen to get to the truth about what is going on in the country, the least they can do is provide an email contact. Disappointing. I thought it would be a matter of minutes to get your letter off to him. They really don’t make it simple, do they.

April 5, 2021 at 8:19 pm

I agree completely. How does he get his information from the public if there’s no contact information on the website? It’s very odd. Oh well, I like things simple so will stick to websites that have contact info, at least an email address.

April 5, 2021 at 10:39 pm
      • RCAVictor

A & E,

LS has a Facebook page, so if anyone here has a FB account they can post a comment under one of the articles, or if you look in the right column, there’s a link that says “Contact Lockdown Skeptics on Messenger” (that’s FB Messenger):

I see they also have a Twitter account:

@LD_Sceptics

So uh, where do I send the bill for my services (I do accept chocolate as an alternate form of payment…)?

April 6, 2021 at 3:30 am

Thank you but top of my inbox this morning is an email from Patrick Healy who has uncovered the contact address which is lockdownsceptics@gmail.com – with a response to him from Toby Young, confirming that that is the address to use and asserting that they always welcome new material. And note, Patrick elicited this personal reply despite HIS email describing them as “secretive rascals” ! Well done, Patrick!

I’ve now sent the email above and let’s hope it reaches the much larger audience subscribed to the Lockdown Sceptics’ excellent daily newsletter.

April 6, 2021 at 8:33 am
      • RCAVictor

Kudos to Patrick, who has gone from being baffled by posting links, to finding an email needle in a haystack! Patrick, “your next assignment, should you decide to accept it,” (in case you ever watched “Mission Impossible” on TV in the old days) is to drive the snakes out of Ireland…

April 6, 2021 at 3:28 pm

Yes, kudos to Patrick but not, so far, at least, to Lockdown Sceptics because I can’t (on a quick skim) see Athanasius’ letter published today…

Kudos to anyone who can prove me wrong (again!)

April 7, 2021 at 10:21 am
      • Patrick healy

Dear Editor,
        Belated reply to RCA Victor, but I have been busy trying to convert Pope Francis, practising for this year’s Open Golf Championship, tying to help “save” the world from this dreadful global warming by helping Bill Gates to block out the sun after innoculatng the world with a pretend vaccine.
        So I am afraid getting rid of Ireland’s snakes will have to wait.
        BTW some one ago I wrote a ditty titled Walter O’Mitty which seemed to go down well with my nearest and dearest, but with Reverend Mother’s moratorium on verse on here you will just have to visualise😇

April 7, 2021 at 6:56 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

Patrick Healey

You’re very kind but I think of myself more as the in-house onion than the in-house sage, which is to say I try to produce a cutting edge that brings tears to the eyes. We’ll say nothing about physical similarities at this point!!

April 5, 2021 at 11:32 am
  • Helen Reply

A great letter editor. and to think of many of my family members who actuall JOINED the Conservative Party in order to vote for Boris in the leadership contest! Unimaginable now, utterly unthinkable.

Did anyone hear the hypocrite eulogising about Christ and the Ressurection etc on TV? I’ll look for the clip.

April 5, 2021 at 1:18 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

Helen

Thanks for this, it further demonstrates the hypocrisy of the man who not only apostatised from the Catholic Faith but now uses the police as a political arm to persecute the Church.

April 5, 2021 at 1:44 pm
  • Lionel (Paris) Reply

Holy and Happy Easter, Editor and all of you!
    Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia! LD

April 5, 2021 at 10:13 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

And a very happy Easter to you, Lionel.

April 5, 2021 at 10:39 pm
      • Margaret USA

Christ is Risen!

A blessed Paschaltide to you, Madame Editor and the whole CT family.

Margaret 🇺🇸

April 7, 2021 at 6:01 am

And happy Easter to you, as well, Margaret USA!

April 8, 2021 at 12:17 am

Lionel (Paris)

A very happy Easter to you – great to hear from you again.

God bless you.