29/6: Saints Peter & Paul – Happy Feast!

29/6: Saints Peter & Paul – Happy Feast!

Comment:

Yet again, as we mark this important Feast in the Church’s calendar, we find Pope Francis causing one scandal after another.

Check  out this shocker

So, we ought to pray especially for Francis on this Feast – and if you have thoughts you’d like to share on the subject (of the printable variety), feel free.

Also, as usual with Feast day threads, share your thoughts on related issues – to include, among others, in this case, martyrdom, papacy, missionary nature of the Church – as well as  your  favourite hymns and prayers, stories and even jokes of the “good clean fun” variety.

Happy Feast everyone – enjoy!

I really don’t have any printable thoughts to share on Pope Francis after reading that report about him congratulating the heretic Fr James Martin SJ. Both of them are beyond the pale so I’m sorry to say I don’t think they’ll be touched by this (or any other) major Feast of the Church.

Happy Feast of SS Peter & Paul to all CT bloggers.

June 29, 2021 at 7:34 am

Lily,

“Beyond the pale” sums up Papa Francis – you are correct. Thank you for your restrained and thus printable remarks!

June 29, 2021 at 11:09 pm
  • westminsterfly

And so we have a Pope publicly supporting one of the sins crying to Heaven for vengeance. The chastisement can’t be that far away. God will not be mocked. The only prayer I can find myself offering for Francis is that God call him to his eternal destination – and quickly! Having said that, I expect even worse will follow . . . the Vatican is a hotbed of unnatural vice and Cardinals who – if they weren’t celibate – would ordinarily be attracted to the opposite sex are rare indeed.

June 29, 2021 at 9:04 am
  • Josephine

Happy Feast everyone!

I agree about Francis – he’s hopeless.

It’s shocking what is happening in the Vatican right now – I agree with Westminster Fly that the chastisement can’t be that far away.

I’ve been trying to find the hymn Faith of our Fathers to post, but every version on YouTube is being sung to the tune of one of the Eucharistic hymns – that’s a new one on me! Anyway, I didn’t bother posting as it doesn’t seem at all an appropriate tune. I was looking for the rousing version which we’ve sung in Scotland for years.

Happy Feast again – at least the sun has come out!

June 29, 2021 at 9:23 am

Josephine,

I was so surprised at your unlucky search for Faith of our Fathers that I went to YouTube myself and straight away got this one, but it’s a very poor recording / video. Still you can get the words and the right tune.

Happy Feast everyone!

June 29, 2021 at 1:14 pm

MM,

We sang that version of Faith of our Fathers at the end of Mass this evening – I’ve never heard any other version so I’m surprised to read Josephine’s comment about only being able t o find a version sung to the tune of one of the Eucharistic hymns. That’s a real surprise.

Anyway, thank you for posting it – we did our best to raise the roof with it, although a strong organ would have helped. Still, mustn’t complain – it was just great to be able to sing it in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, on this Feast.

June 29, 2021 at 11:07 pm
  • westminsterfly

One thing I forgot to mention – the whole agenda pushed by Fr James Martin et al and supported by Pope Francis has already been shown to be doomed to failure. The LGBTQI brigade always overstate their number in society in general (they tend to metropolitan areas where there are more opportunities for socialising and sexual encounters), and they do the same thing regarding the Church. Try finding a ‘gay’ club in 99% of rural and semi-rural areas and smaller towns in the UK. They don’t exist, because there is no demand for them. Likewise, there simply aren’t enough LGBTQI people who are interested in becoming Catholics or going to Church. I proved this with the Soho Mass scandal. The congregations are numerically small anyway, and were (and still are) bolstered by asking family, friends, Anglicans and other non-Catholics etc etc to come along, in order to make the pews look fuller and continue the pretence for the need of such an ‘apostolate’.
    Some years ago, there was a well-publicised push to get an LGBT Mass in every diocese at some point. It all went very quiet because they simply didn’t have the numbers to fill even a monthly Mass in some dioceses. No. The real danger comes from the LGBTQI-sation of the ordinary laity, by priests like Fr James Martin, teaching them that there is nothing wrong with same-sex sexual activity – a lie which they will gradually take on board. One piece of good news – dissident priest Fr Philip Dyer-Perry, who calls God ‘she’, among other things, was appointed by Cardinal Nichols as Pastoral Director at Allen Hall Seminary (Westminster). After ‘prayerful discernment’ (and apparently many complaints and a lot of bad online publicity) he has decided not to take the appointment. Full story here: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pro-abortion-revolutionary-priest-headed-for-seminary-role-steps-down-after-media-backlash

June 29, 2021 at 9:51 am

WF,

That is very good news about Fr Philip Dyer-Perry having to step down – the dissidents have worked their “magic” in the seminaries – time to take a break…

June 29, 2021 at 11:08 pm
  • Catherine

Happy Feast day

June 29, 2021 at 10:28 am

Happy Feast day to one and all.

That handwritten note of Pope Francis, congratulating the heretic Fr. James Martin SJ, vindicates the prophetic warning of Fr. Malachi Martin, who said: “If a Jesuit ever becomes Pope, run for the hills”. Fr. Malachi Martin was Jesuit and he knew how rotten the order had become.

I also read today in the Scotsman newspaper that Pope Francis received the U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican and spent some time in cordial conversation with him. The report says that the Pope did not involve himself in the dispute currently raging between U.S. bishops over pro-abortion Catholics receiving Holy Communion. Tells us all we need to know about the utter betrayal of Our Lord. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that the Chair of St. Peter would one day be occupied by a man such as Jorge Bergoglio. The Church has not witnessed the like in her 2000 year history.

June 29, 2021 at 11:45 am

“run for the hills” is all we can do, while we’re stuck with this Jesuit pope, LOL!

June 29, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Margaret Mary

…And bring your knitting!

June 29, 2021 at 4:46 pm
    • westminsterfly

Yes, the Jesuits are really washed-up. All they push now is LGBTQI and eco-stuff. They don’t get any vocations, so they’ll be consigned to the dustbin of history before too long. Even Fr Martin is no spring chicken.

June 29, 2021 at 4:58 pm
  • RCAVictor

During Our Lord’s Passion, He was denied by Peter, but not betrayed by him. But here we have a full-blown, overt betrayal by Peter’s successor….if he is in fact Peter’s legitimate successor….but that’s a minefield I’m not qualified to navigate.

Something even more disturbing about this disgusting Fr. Martin: the linked article shows him making the Satanic hand-symbol (and looking like he is well-possessed, to boot). Welcome to the Aleister Crowley club, “Father.” Your father is the father of lies.

June 29, 2021 at 3:44 pm
  • Faith of Our Fathers

I read the news above of St Jimmy Martins Letter from The Godfather on L.S.N. yesterday ,on the same article that The Godfather calls us pesky Catholics who Believe in 10 Commandments and not 8 Rigid. This Man is about to overplay his hand ,or is it the other way around. We who are trying to be Faithful Catholics must now give up the pretence that this Man Jorge Bergoglio who calls Himself Pope Francis is not, nor probably ever has been a Catholic. He is a Marxist at best and a Communist at worst. Also as Victor said on a previous post If It Walks Like a Duck. Talks Like a Duck and Quacks Like a Duck then it’s Probably A Duck . Remember that Jorge Bergoglio overseen a Eucharistic Miracle when He was a Bishop. Did He Believe in it that’s the Question ?

Or is ,and has his whole Adult Life been to Destroy the Church. The Terrible action or non action concerning the Chinese Catholics. His constant desire to be surrounded by Homosexuals. His false face and terrible temper. And last but not least His relationship or should I say non Relationship with Pope Benedict. Most people in most Jobs will consult their peers at least in my Line of work we did . But Benedict as far as I have read has never been consulted by The Godfather on anything. I stand to be corrected here if someone can tell me otherwise. Also Francis not Once to my notice has ever welcomed or gave an Audience to a Good Catholic Cardinal ,Bishop ,or Priest. Yet He will gladly welcome Greta Thunberg to the Vatican. Also going back to the Judas Painting Scandal. He loves Judas because as far as lots of us are concerned He has so much in Common with Him .
    On this Feast of St Peter and Paul God Will watch over our Catholic Faith we have his Word on that . St Peter and Paul would have whipped these Swish Priests. Bishops. Cardinals and Pope who Betray Almighty God and His Church on Earth , out of The Vatican and into the Streets.

June 29, 2021 at 4:19 pm
  • RCAVictor

There is a very interesting parallel between the miraculous escape of St. Peter from Herod’s dungeon and the current darkness regarding our Pope. St. Peter was arrested by the godless State, put in chains, and cast into the lowest bowels of Herod’s prison. Yet, by the prayers of the faithful, he was released from his manacles and led to safety by an angel.

Likewise, Francis has, by surrendering himself and the Church to the globalist state, manacled himself and cast himself into the lowest bowels of perversity and tyranny by his anti-Catholic pontificate. Yet I wonder whether the prayers of the faithful can cause him to be released from his chains and rescued…in some form…

June 29, 2021 at 6:40 pm
    • Faith of Our Fathers

Victor you and i are Men of this World who have seen plenty in our 70 Years on this Earth. One thing I believe we would be certain to agree on is that without a Doubt Prayer has probably been the number 1 Helper in Our Lives but this is the $ 64.000 Question. For prayers to work the one being prayed for has to take responsibility that He or She is leading the wrong sort of Life . Just to ask You a Question. Do YOU Believe that Francis would Admit to Leading the Wrong Sort of Life .
      Any Man especially a so called Catholic Pope who wrote that really Disgusting Letter ( when You read between the Lines ) to the Right Horrible Jimmy Martin is completely full of pride . And we both know the Origin of Pride . Every time now Practically Weekly on LifesiteNews their is another Good Priest sacked by His Apostate Bishop. This week it is a Fr Parker. His Crime. Giving out the Eucharist on The Tongue, and having over the Lawful amount according to The Chinese Disease Rules in a Hall in His Parish. God when did we as Catholics ever think our Biggest Enemies would be those who Claim to be Catholic Bishops. Cardinals and even a Pope .

June 29, 2021 at 9:02 pm
      • RCAVictor

JD,

Humanly speaking, I don’t think Francis could or would repent. In fact, with that picture of Judas behind him, he seems to have already doomed himself, while delusionally fancying that Our Lord will forgive him.

However, since nothing is impossible with God, I can’t close the door on him in disgust (though I’d certainly like to). Moreover, I think despising the pope is one of the goals of the NWO Satanists, so I have to be on my guard to avoid falling into that trap, no matter how much of an enemy Francis tries to make of himself.

As for Fr. Parker, I’d lay odds that his real sin was distributing Communion on the tongue – the anti-social distancing violation was just an excuse. Another day, another anti-bishop…

June 29, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Your charity towards Papa Francis is to be warmly commended. The picture of Judas behind his desk – goodness, I’d forgotten about that.

Makes me wonder when you’ll be asking for a photo of ME to put behind YOUR desk? You only need to ask… I’ve got plenty of copies of my favourite…

June 29, 2021 at 11:17 pm

A happy Feast Day to all!

As regards Francis, I almost pity him at this stage. Despite his frequent nonsense, he is a complete failure as a revolutionary Pope. He has failed his modernist supporters who wanted more revolution in the Church and they have lost patience with him.

(There are claims that this is what was behind the petulant public resignation of Cardinal Marx recently – 8 years before it is normally due – to signal that he had lost faith and/or patience in Francis and that he would go, if Francis would not. As far as I am aware, Marx is still in place, Francis not having accepted the resignation)

I am encouraged by the regular discussion and articles I see online, of how the pontificate is an abject failure, even though it is still ongoing. Let us hope that Francis represents the Church “hitting the bottom” and that things will soon be better!

June 29, 2021 at 9:24 pm

Gabriel Syme,

That’s an interesting possibility – that Francis’ revolution has failed. My first thought was, well, he’s not dead yet, so who knows what he’s got up his sleeve, but then I remembered that his revolution is destined to fail in the end. So, it’s nice to see his fans realising that, already!

June 29, 2021 at 11:14 pm
  • Faith of Our Fathers

Just got an Email from that Horrible Magazine that calls itself Catholic ,The Tablet. I know of course that I can unsubscribe them sending Emails but it’s good to see what The Enemy is up to . Of course the great News as far as they are concerned is Franciscos Letter to Jimmy Martin. In their words ( A Priest who Has come under Vitriolic Attack from Catholics for Standing up for the Marginilised LGBTQ2WXYZ. Community. ) My God it’s not Hard to understand what Stance that Rag takes against Sodomy. A Priest who is attacked by us Catholics. We must learn from the Tablet to be more understanding. After all this Magazine printed an Article last Month about a Man who Became a Woman who has now found God and is a Church of England Minister.
    As The Ed would say . Gimme Strength.

June 29, 2021 at 10:24 pm
  • RCAVictor

Archbishop Vigano has responded to the Martin/Francis scandal, and forcefully:

June 29, 2021 at 10:31 pm
  • Faith of Our Fathers

I just read that Article Victor and Archbishop Vigano seems to have taken a different approach to Jimmy Martin and Francisco than The Tablet. I wonder why ?
    I also noticed one Very Important thing on Archbishop Viganos Article and it is this .
    He refers to the Man in Rome the Godfather, not as Pope but as Bergoglio. Also He refers to The Lavender Mafia without making any excuses. We know The Godfather is surrounded by Homosexuals ,Archbishop Vigano again made that quite clear .

June 29, 2021 at 10:51 pm

FOOF,

I assume that your tongue is firmly in your cheek when you say you wonder why Archbishop Vigano takes a different attitude from The Tablet, because The Tablet is a modernist-through-to-apostate rag and Archbishop Vigano is, well… not! He’s 100% on our side. Deo gratias!

June 29, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this Feast Day thread, which is now closed to comments.

God bless.