Scottish First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, Refuses To Define “Woman” Ahead of Local Elections

Editor writes…

It might be worth asking the canvassers (from all Parties) who come to our doors, if they can see the irony in the drive by politicians to prevent “misinformation” online while, at the same time, trying to convince us that men can be women and women can be men, as long as that’s what they want!  Gimme strength!  Whatever happened to “follow the science”? Gimme a break!

Will any Catholic think twice about voting for the SNP as a  result of Sturgeon’s blatant pandering to the “trans” lobby – i.e. those men and women who think they’re women and men, if you get my drift…  Or will SNP councillors be returned across Scotland tomorrow (Thursday, 5 May) despite this ridiculous avoidance of a very simple question, and despite the massive failures of the SNP in all things, local and national?

And isn’t it long past time for the bishops to speak out to condemn the whole transgender ideology as blasphemous?  At one time, Pope Francis described it as an attack on our very humanity: by definition, that’s blasphemous.  Why, then, do they remain silent – or is that a (very) silly question?    Your thoughts…

• Leitourgos Reply

Who would have thought it given the cultural dominance of feminism since the 1960s, but the abolition of woman is the endgame in the elevation of the rights of the individual above all else which has been the hallmark of Western liberalism. If a man thinks he’s a woman, then he must be, and vice-versa (although that does not have the effect of abolishing man), and to hell with philosophy, biology, common sense, or anything else. The real trouble of course is that Western liberals think that they are God and not subject to nature, and will install hell on earth if necessary in order to prove it.

As for the Scots, we are just not politically mature. We used to vote en masse for Labour; now we do so for the SNP. One party states are not usually a good idea. Just take a look at California.

May 4, 2022 at 2:11 am
    • Josephine Reply

Leitourgos,

You make a very interesting observation, that the concept of women identifying as men doesn’t have the effect of abolishing man, as happens the other way round, abolishing woman. That’s very true. You don’t see or hear men objecting to women identifying as male.

I totally agree about the Scots not being politically mature. We act like a flock of sheep, following the political party currently preferred by the majority – or should that be the pollsters? I’m convinced these polls are put out to set the trend, and then people unthinkingly follow that supposed trend. I’m going to vote for the Independent candidate in our local elections tomorrow, and hope others do so that the “trend” can be broken.

May 4, 2022 at 9:19 am
      • Faith of Our Fathers

Spot on Josephine . For instance i cannot imagine Transgender Polls being carried out after Latin Mass amongst the Congregation.

May 4, 2022 at 1:41 pm
  • editor Reply

This has jut come into my inbox from the Catholic Parliamentary Office – their briefing, and assistance to respond to the Scottish Government’s consultation on the appalling Gender Recognition Bill

May 4, 2022 at 8:59 am
    • Josephine Reply

editor,

I notice that the closing date for submissions for the Gender Recognition Reform bill consultation is Monday 16th May. I think it’s important that we put in our responses.

“All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing” (Edward Burke).

May 4, 2022 at 9:24 am
  • Faith of Our Fathers Reply

Its well seen the Obnoxious Tatchell was Hooked when He went to Walk with Pride in Russia . As far as the Horrible Sturgeon is concerned and the Rotten S.N.P. they are without a doubt Perverted. Also i say it again . If any Trannies come near my Grandchildren they get their operations Free . I was actually disappointed by Sharron Davies ,as a Woman or a Man cannot change what God has given them . Born Male and Female of course their is now unfortunately no GOD .

May 4, 2022 at 1:38 pm
  • RCAVictor Reply

Looks like your Head Fish is now adopting our recent Supreme Court nominee/appointment’s party line, about not being able to define a woman. Truly, the world is being run – and destroyed – by fools.

And yet, they would have no power over us if it were not granted to them from above…as Someone we love dearly once advised a certain governor. I’d have to say that the depravity of our leaders is matched only by the gravity of our offenses against God. In fact, it’s probably a perfect match.

On a lighter note, here’s a little satire about said new Supreme Court justice, applicable as well to the Sturginator:

May 4, 2022 at 3:27 pm
    • editor Reply

Hilarious! I saw that clip of Brown-Jackson’s nomination in the senate or was it congress, probably senate… where she was asked to define a woman and said she couldn’t since she isn’t a biologist! I could not believe the stupidity – and she is now a Justice in the Supreme Court of the USA. Unbelievable. I’ve copied this gem from your link – it really did make me laugh out loud!

WASHINGTON, D.C., US—Leaked reports indicate that Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown-Jackson spent all Monday night poring over biology textbooks to learn what a woman is so she could defend a woman’s right to abortion on Tuesday.

Priceless! It just became more and more comical. Enjoy folks!

May 4, 2022 at 4:29 pm
    • Leitourgos Reply

You allude to an important point which the extent of coordination across the liberal elites of the world. Just efficient media coordination, or is there something more spiritual at the root of this?

May 4, 2022 at 7:01 pm
  • Frankier Reply

If I was ever in a Titanic style situation I might be tempted to declare myself as a woman to get onto the lifeboats first.

I could then return to type when reaching dry land.

If they are going to carry this through we might as well make good use of it.

May 4, 2022 at 3:53 pm
  • Lily Reply

I know these local elections are supposed to be about local issues, but the media interprets them as support for one party or another. This makes me think it is important for Catholics to vote in such a way that we cannot be thought to be supporting any of the mainstream parties, which are pro-abortion, pro-gender identity etc.

Or, if there is a good local candidate who is standing as an SNP or Labour or whatever candidate, is it OK (morally) to vote for him or her?

May 4, 2022 at 6:13 pm
    • Laura Reply

Lily,

Personally I wouldn’t, but there isn’t any rule about it. I’m going to vote for an independent local councillor – I think he’s the best candidate anyway, but I wouldn’t want to send any signals of support to the SNP or any other party which could interpret local successes tomorrow as a sign of support for their policies at national level.

May 4, 2022 at 8:34 pm
      • Fidelis

Laura

I’m not sure I agree with that. Local councillors can be good, no matter what party they belong to.

I think the way to decide is to make sure you read their literature and ask them specific questions about local issues. This video about the cost of living crisis, is the sort of thing I find helpful. It prevents me from falling into the trap of blaming Boris when the likes of GMB were calling for even tougher lockdowns and it’s the lockdown that have led to this cost of living crisis.

May 4, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Laura,

That’s a very good idea, to vote for Independents in these local elections.

May 5, 2022 at 9:12 am
  • Nicky Reply

Guess what, the SNP is expected to still be the largest party after today’s local elections. How depressing.

May 6, 2022 at 1:13 pm
  • Michael 🙏 Reply

Dear friends

Are we really surprised with this it’s a woke mad culture in this country and world we are in now.

What we are witnessing here is the natural outcome of the global sexual revolution that commenced in the sixties, through the seventies till the present and the dysfunctional anthropological rationale that was used by ardent libertarians, feminists, pro abortionists etc.

I am waiting for someone to step forward and identify themselves as a sofa or pot noodle or something equally bizarre.

What is most disturbing to me is the acceptance and normality of this absolute madness.

We truly are under a diabolical disorientation. God help us !

Every blessing

Michael 🙏

May 6, 2022 at 2:19 pm
  • Francis de sales Reply

You kept voting for SNP that I don’t understand. It’s bit like Stockholm syndrome.

SNP worker for ‘hail well met’ leader lost her seat. 😉🙈

May 6, 2022 at 9:09 pm
    • editor Reply

Francis de Sales,

The fact that the SNP did better in these local elections (despite losing that pal of Sturgeon’s) tells you all you need to know about the state of Scottish politics, not to mention education. A First Minister who can’t define “woman” – despite being a woman herself – is now bragging across the airwaves about this fantastic vote of confidence in her leadership. some 15 years into it. Think about that. She’s introducing a hate crime law that encourages people to report “hate” speech to the police even if it occurs in one’s own home, home of a friend, and among one’s own family. AND she is allowing four years olds to participate in the mad “trans” nonsense, without parents’ being informed (they are permitted to change genders, to choose new name/pronouns, that sort of baloney). Parents might wave off their son to school in the morning and find themselves welcoming home a daughter at the end of the day. Crazy stuff.

Those are just the two examples which spring to mind. There are a lot more where that came from… but time is short and I’m learning how to make scones 😀

May 7, 2022 at 3:50 pm