An American In Aberdeen: He Opposes “Conspiracy Theories” – Except His Own!

An American In Aberdeen: He Opposes “Conspiracy Theories” – Except His Own!

From the Daily Record…

An ex-pastor who left the US for Scotland after the Capitol riot is working to debunk conspiracy theories that have “radicalised” religion and politics in his homeland. Jared Stacy decided to leave America after armed groups invaded the government building in Washington following Donald Trump’s defeat in the White House election.

© Ross Johnston/Newsline MediaJared Stacy came to Scotland after the insurrection made him cynical about evangelical movement

The 32-year-old blames right-wing religious groups for spreading false claims generated by the shadowy political movement QAnon. He is now working on a PhD at Aberdeen University on how conspiracy theories gripped Americans – and why many wanted the US presidential election result overturned.

Jared, who no longer identifies as an evangelist, said rioters used Christianity as justification for violent behaviour – and he became concerned when church colleagues failed to condemn it. He added: “It was all predicated on God’s will that this election be overturned and their candidate installed in office. That is dangerous.

“Men who feel like God is on their side and can’t be questioned have, throughout history, been the ones who have done a lot of damage. It’s the church’s job to perform an autopsy on itself. We can do better than say those people weren’t really Christians.”

Jared and his family lived just 40 miles from Washington and saw church “supporters” pile on to buses to join the marchers on January 6, 2021. Less than a week later, he moved his family to Aberdeen. He said he felt worn down by a church leadership which refused to debunk conspiracy theories and Christian nationalism from the pulpit.  Continues here…

Editor writes…

I emailed the above article to some of our bloggers/readers in the USA, including RCA Victor, who wasted no time in replying…

… this article is full of lies, and whoever this “evangelist” is has drunk the Kool-Aid:

• The Capitol protest was not a “riot”
  • There were no armed groups invading the Congressional building, or any other government building
  • Donald Trump was not “defeated” in the 2020 election
  • QAnon is not a political movement
  • There was no “violent behavior” during the protest
  • “Christian nationalism” is the latest smear campaign against American patriots who know the election was stolen, and also know that the Democrats/Fascists who run the J6 fake committee are corrupt crooks

I don’t know where they dug this pitiful clown up, but they should put him back in the sewer where they found him.

I just wish RCA Victor would speak his mind instead of dancing around trying to be tactful 😀

So,  a couple of questions:  (1)  don’t they have enough Evangelical preachers in Aberdeen?  When I lived there, the place was full of them, so why are they importing this one from the USA. Oh, I know he claims not to be an Evangelical any more but once an Evangelical, always an Evangelical 😀  and (2) should Aberdeen put this “clown” on the next plane back to the States, since, it seems, America’s loss is also Aberdeen’s loss 😀   If you want to read more about Jared Stacy, if you really must 😀 click here

Your thoughts…

• Josephine Reply

I wonder what made him pick Scotland – presumably the course he wanted to pursue, but still, seems a strange choice, especially Aberdeen. No offence, but I wouldn’t be moving to the north east, if I could help it, it’s very cold up there.

Anyway, I notice RCA Victor says there was no “violent behaviour” during the January 6 protest but didn’t we see some protesters trying to break windows to get in?

August 3, 2022 at 10:20 pm
    • RCAVictor Reply

Josephine,

Any violent behavior that took place was perpetrated and fomented by government agents (FBI) and provocateurs, such as Antifa dressed as Trump supporters – not Trump supporters.

August 3, 2022 at 10:54 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

Josephine

He probably chose Scotland because it has the most hateful anti-Trump Communist government in the world. I would not be in the least surprised if this subversive had his fare and Uni fees paid by the SNP – worth investigating. I agree entirely with RCAVictor’s gentle assessment of this idiot – a “useful idiot” to someone. I wonder what poor young Scot was rejected by Aberdeen University to make way for this clown.

August 3, 2022 at 11:22 pm
      • Josephine

Your probably right about the SNP maybe paying his way over here and uni fees. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least.

Once he spends a winter up there, he’ll be heading back to the States, wait and see, LOL!

August 3, 2022 at 11:29 pm
  • RCAVictor Reply

I looked at the link Editor supplied about “former evangelist” Stacy, a webpage which is, shall we say, rather thin, and found this:

“His research focuses on the intersection of theology and political conspiracies in the history of American Evangelicalism.”

Translation: conservative Protestants are easy marks for “conspiracy theories.” Unfortunately, Mr. Stacy is an easy mark for liars and fake news. Also unfortunately, Protestants, especially evangelicals, really have no theology. Their theology is emotion.

And here’s an interesting question: how is Mr. Stacy an “American pastor,” yet he “no longer identifies as an evangelist”? An evangelist is essentially a preacher more than anything else, so this pastor has apparently given up most of that which characterizes him as a “pastor.”

Given the questionable quality of Mr. Stacy’s thinking, I’d love to know what heretics are lurking at the University of Aberdeen, whose writings and/or reputation apparently attracted him.

August 3, 2022 at 11:05 pm
    • editor Reply

I’m also puzzled about his choice of Aberdeen. Maybe he has friends there, or maybe the university was attracted to him, given the potential publicity, who knows.

August 4, 2022 at 8:35 am
  • RCAVictor Reply

Josephine,

I can’t believe you are citing a Newsweek article to raise a question. You didn’t know that Newsweek is one the bastions of Deep State fake news? Any Deep State “fact check” is a red flag.

As for John Sullivan, whom Trump’s lawyer was referring to when he said “One of the first people arrested was a leader of Antifa,” he is a thoroughly shady character, a BLM supporter and a fake journalist. He denies belonging to Antifa, but it is obvious that whatever comes out of his mouth cannot be trusted. Here is an article about the charges filed against him:

And here is a video from a trustworthy alternate news source which claims that Sullivan is a “self-proclaimed” Antifa member:

If you search (not with Google) with the words “evidence of antifa on january 6” you’ll get many other hits worth pursuing from reliable sources….along with, of course….more bogus “fact checks.”

August 4, 2022 at 12:06 am
    • Josephine Reply

Ouch! I am mortified that I didn’t know Newsweek was so unreliable. That report shows that John Sullivan is definitely a crooked character, so I’m in awe of your grasp of this whole issue. It’s obvious that the formal narrative about January 6 is fake news. I do know that anyway, but it’s not always easy to challenge the narrative – I feel better equipped now, though, thanks to your links and comments.

August 4, 2022 at 12:49 am
      • RCAVictor

Josephine,

I really don’t have a detailed grasp of J6, so no awe necessary. What I do have is the big picture, that the Deep State will do anything to prevent Donald Trump from re-entering the White House, no matter how obviously fraudulent and dishonest. And since inner machinery of the Deep State is mostly lawyers, well, I’ll leave it to Editor to insert a joke about the devious tricks of lawyers….

August 4, 2022 at 2:38 pm
      • Faith of Our Fathers

Victor we would also be forced to Believe that the Deep State is a conspiracy in itself, and one which maybe would not have been Known had President Trump not been Elected. One thing is for sure we wouldnt have known about it from Evil Hilarys 130.000 deleted Emails. Out of all of the Evil Characters that President Trump exposed none to me Epitomised the Deep State more than John Brennan . Their were and still are of course many Evil People within the Deep State who certainly havent gone away . But Brennan sold His Irish Catholic Heritage for Islam and of course His 30 Pieces of Silver.

Maybe the Clown above could also look into Brennans Life .My God you wouldnt be able to sleep at night except Maybe in a Tank . If some of these Demonic Rats real lives were exposed. And this Protestant Rabbi is coming Over Here to tell us TRUTH . As ED keeps saying . Gies a Break .

August 4, 2022 at 6:21 pm
      • RCAVictor

Josephine,

If you’ve had time to peruse reliable news sources about this, one of the things you would probably come across is a video of a group of black-clad Antifa thugs hiding in a small grove of trees near the Capital, putting on Trump supporter clothing over their black clothes.

Nah….nothing to see here! Pretty incredible, isn’t it!

August 4, 2022 at 7:04 pm

RCA Victor…

Your wish is my command… Lawyer joke coming up…

Lawyer dies, gets to the gates of Heaven and finds himself at the back of a long queue of Popes.

Suddenly, St. Peter grabs him and takes him straight through the pearly gates.

I don’t understand” the lawyer said puzzled. There’s hundreds of Popes waiting in line and you’ve let me in before them. Why?”

Sir, said St. Peter. We’ve had lots of Popes here. But, you are our FIRST lawyer. 😀 😀

August 4, 2022 at 7:15 pm
  • Laura Reply

It’s very obvious that those January 6 hearings were nothing more than a set up, a Kangaroo Court to find Trump guilty of inciting violence – even though the only person killed was a young woman, a Trump supporter who was shot by a police officer, even though she was not a threat.

August 4, 2022 at 1:22 am
  • Marsaili Brigid Reply

My daughter is currently a student at Aberdeen. I will have to tell her to look out for this guy! I agree with the idea that he may have been invited here by the University itself and/or the SNP government. My daughter finds it hard to combat the constant bombardment of woke ideas presented in her courses, along with a visceral hatred of Christianity, all actively and openly promoted by the University at the behest of the SNP government.

August 4, 2022 at 3:31 pm
    • RCAVictor Reply

Marsaili Brigid,

I hope your daughter can find some like-minded Catholics to engage in battle with her. As for finding the “ex-evangelist,” he’ll probably be hiding in the University library stacks for several years. Or, who knows, if he gets some funding from leftist sources, maybe he’ll go on the road to spread his BS.

August 4, 2022 at 7:08 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

Marsaili Brigid

The universities were targeted by Marxist subversives way back in the 1950s. The idea was that if they could get Marxist-thinking teachers into the places of learning, to form the minds of youth to their way of thinking, then the next generation of government and business leaders would be programmed subversives. That’s precisely what we’ve been witnessing these past few decades. President Trump himself spoke of this infiltration into all learning establishments.

Universities are a sure certain road to atheism for all young people who stay on campus. The only way to go to uni now is to attend as a day student and return home at night, or attend a Traditional Catholic university if you’re lucky enough to have that option. I wouldn’t let my dog live on campus at a State uni.

August 4, 2022 at 10:40 pm
  • Faith of Our Fathers Reply

Just a theory but maybe He can start with the Obama Men. Hillary and Bungalow Bill and their Links to the Podestas who supplied them with Kentucky Fried Chicken on a regular basis.

That should keep this Clown Busy for at least a Year . Of course I could say the real Food that the Podestas supplied the Obama Men and the Devil Worshipping Clintons but maybe the Chile Peppers would get lost in Transit as very many did.

As for Aberdeen University it of course would be a Conspiracy Theory to say that Evil Nic was somehow involved in this.
    BTW if that’s a Real Photo of this Clown Thats a Conspiracy in itself.

August 4, 2022 at 4:04 pm
  • Tom Reply

Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called ( 1 Timothy 6:12 ) Also, recommend reading this article;

I’m happy to see some caring and constructive commentary and would like to add please do not place much faith into all those various news networks. I’ve found myself seeking truth on various subjects and discovered contradicting news literally everywhere.

Reason for me writing this is after reading the blog mentioned above I found myself dedicated to the political golden calf. Scared me to think I spent more time chasing deception than following my eternal life to which I was called. Once I realized what I was doing, the calf disappeared and my focus changed to helping Christianity

The people out there need our help. Too many lost souls out there. J6 is somebody else’s fight in my opinion, Catholic Truth readers, I hope, will redirect focus on saving souls
    and Christianity. That is our fight. ( 1 Timothy 6:12 ) Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

August 4, 2022 at 4:43 pm
    • Faith of Our Fathers Reply

Sir you really Miss the point here and by a long shot. The Ed obviously posted this to show us just what Really is Passing for Truth these days and it certainly is NOT our Politicians.

As for conspiracy theories. The so called Mengele Vaccines are posted on Facebook YOU Tube Google Etc Etc as being the be all and end all of Covid. Now I could be wrong as I Do Not Watch the Garbage that eminates from the Rotten BBC or Sky or ITV but am sure none of these Media Giants have done ONE just ONE program on the Life and many times Deaths of the Poor People especially those threatened with Losing their Jobs after taking these Shots.

Now if YOU believe that the Covid B.S. was Truth then that is entirely up to yourself. Personally nearly all of us on Here believe otherwise. Had as Catholic Truth Etc been Banned then where Do you get the TRUTH . Certainly not from the above mentioned and certainly not from Our Daily Rags which are actually only good for one thing; sure even the Pope is now telling US that their is much Misinformation out there, and He’s another one Pushing it. Re His terrible conduct in Canada. No Sir Truth must be told, and if we don’t do it don’t expect your Family ( If you have one ) to know the Garbage going around.

August 4, 2022 at 5:51 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

Tom

I read your comment via the link provided and I have to say that I think you have the very best of intentions. Of course you’re right about where our priorities as Catholics should lie, but remember also that our duty as Catholics is not all just about personal sanctification, which is certainly primary, but also, as charity demands, charity towards our neighbour.

We are bound by our faith to take an interest in politics so that we may use our vote in a way that best builds up the kingdom of God. Hence, we watch the politicians and listen to what they say and then choose the one who most closely aligns with the law of God. Sometimes that means choosing a lesser of evils candidate, i.e. a candidate who is not exactly promoting everything that’s good, but who at least rejects the most evil ideas and practices like abortion, etc.

This blog, if you search through it, tackles a whole host of subjects pertinent to Catholics, from the liturgical through doctrine down to secular politics. We must be intellectually informed as well as supernaturally formed (in the faith) if we are to win others back to truth. We cannot live in this world like hermits. God placed us in this particular era of crisis to educate ourselves and inform each other about the dangers of these times. It all begins with prayer of course, especially devotion to Our Lady and her rosary, but also to fighting the good fight as regards rejecting the New Mass and the revolution of Vatican II and its knock-on effect on the secular world. The world is in the present state it is because the Church has been knocked off its axis by 60 years of a rebellious Modernist hierarchy. We fight, therefore, on two fronts – the spiritual and the secular – both of which we are bound to do by our Confirmation duty for the glory of God and the salvation of our neighbour. I do get your point, though, about the danger of becoming fixated on secular issues to the detriment of our spiritual sanctification. Balance is essential and that’s why we have to begin with a strong prayer life.

August 4, 2022 at 11:02 pm
      • Tom

I agree whole heartedly with your reply and your last sentence, “Balance is essential…. ” is perfect! I also absolutely admire your sentence, “We fight, therefore on two fronts…”
        That sentence is the guidance ( I )we need!

Thank you very much for a FANTASTIC reply!
        Tom

August 5, 2022 at 11:30 am
  • Josephine Reply

I think this is very funny – a joke about Joe Biden, so I hope it’s OK to post here.

August 5, 2022 at 4:21 pm