Traditionis Custodes “Broke Benedict’s Heart”…

Traditionis Custodes “Broke Benedict’s Heart”…

One YouTube commentator writes…

The sentiment from the above commentator is understandable, but are there other factors to be taken into account for Benedict’s silence over Traditionis Custodes (and, indeed, other scandals?)   Your thoughts…

• Faith of Our Fathers Reply

ED I believe that Pope Benedict was removed so as the Bergoglions could wreck havoc and chaos ( which they have done as they are not Catholics) on our Catholic Church. When you think of the $Billions from China there was lots at stake and the Ravishing Wolves were not going to let Pope Benedict stop them from pocketing it . Also am sure that Gates. Schwab and maybe even Biden. Harris and Pelosi slipped more than just a few Dollars Bergoglios way . When you think of the Money that Bergoglio has wasted on Pacha mama alone . My God how much does it take to keep 5000 Amazon Indians in Rome for a Month. Bergoglio the most Humble had to get his hands on Plentyofdough . Could Pope Benedict have done more , probably as He at least wore the Martyrs Red Shoes, but didn’t live up to them. As for T.C. breaking His Heart his wasn’t the only one and He should definitely have spoken out Publicly about how bad a person Bergoglio was and still is . In fact it seems that we haven’t seen the worst of Bergoglio. God Help Our Catholic Church.

January 4, 2023 at 12:44 pm
    • Catherine Reply

FOOF,

Interesting comment.

January 4, 2023 at 2:23 pm
  • Doubting Thomas Reply

It is worthwhile to note that Ganswein says that Summorum Pontificum was issued to get people “Away from Lefebvre”. What evil reasoning!

January 4, 2023 at 1:15 pm
    • Lily Reply

I don’t believe that was Pope Benedict’s motive – that is Ganswein speaking, remember. The Summorum Pontificum motu proprio came about as a result of the SSPX making the condition that the Pope had to free up the Mass before their talks could continue, so if anything SP strengthened the SSPX.

PS why would you pick the name of someone who doubted Christ as your username? I find it surprising.

January 4, 2023 at 2:58 pm
      • Doubting Thomas

Isn’t Doubting Thomas a saint of the Church?

January 4, 2023 at 3:38 pm

Well, if I ever make it into Heaven (never the calendar, I admit) I don’t want people to associate me with my weaknesses, sins and faults. So, none of this Blabby Editor…

I bet Doubting Thomas cringes every time he hears his “nickname” mentioned. Give him a break! 😀

January 4, 2023 at 4:10 pm

Doubting Thomas

No, Doubting Thomas was an unbeliever. St. Thomas, on the other hand, was a well-rebuked and penitential Apostle, much like thrice-denying Peter.

January 4, 2023 at 4:45 pm

If you remember, Thomas wasn’t present with the other apostles when Our Lord appeared to them after His resurrection, and so he said he’d need to see the wounds etc. He wasn’t, in fact, “resisting the known truth” as we now say, but he was (intelligently) looking for evidence. Later, when Our Lord appeared to the apostles again, this time in the presence of Thomas, and when Our Lord invited him to put his hands into his wounds etc., Thomas made his declaration of Faith: “My Lord and my God”. When I made my First Communion, it was that prayer we were taught to say after receiving Our Lord in Communion.

In fact, the doubter Thomas is not only a canonised saint (patron of those afflicted by doubt), but a martyr. Here’s a good, short account of his life.

The problem is, we have so many saints with the same name,* it’s easy to get confused – think St Thomas Aquinas for example, but there are others. So, you’re forgiven, not least because I (dare I say) doubt that you really didn’t know this, you’ve just become slightly forgetful with older age. I can’t talk – it’ll happen to me one day, as well… 😀

* Which is why I want to be known as Saint Editor and not Saint Patricia, in case there are others. Unlikely to be another “Saint Editor” 😀

January 4, 2023 at 8:42 pm

I can well understand your desire to correct my comment – I think it’s the most careless piece of writing I have ever put my hand to!

I didn’t mean that St. Thomas was an unbeliever in the sense of pagan unbelief, but rather that he was faithless when informed of Our Lord’s Resurrection, which in and of itself was a grievous fault.

I leave to Our Lord to express correctly what I so clumsily attempted to interpret: “And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them. Jesus cometh, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said: Peace be to you. Then he saith to Thomas: Put in thy finger hither, and see my hands; and bring hither thy hand, and put it into my side; and be not faithless, but believing…”

St. Thomas obviously repented of his sin, as did St. Peter regarding the thrice denial – both are now saint/martyrs. I just found it odd that anyone would want to associate themselves with that one sorrowful episode in St. Thomas’s otherwise holy life, as though doubting in matters of faith was acceptable for anyone at any time. I’m sure St. Thomas couldn’t wait to put it behind him and ensure it never happened again, which, in his case, it never did.

As for my careless comment before, I wonder if the loss of my saliva glands is somehow affecting my brain! Don’t answer that unless it’s to express doubt!!

January 4, 2023 at 10:18 pm

Nonsense! The most careless piece of writing you have ever penned is the one that doesn’t begin with ” Editor you’re right” or, “Editor, you’re right again” or, better still, “Editor you’re SO right AGAIN!”

Don’t worry, you’re getting there! 😀

January 4, 2023 at 11:42 pm

I can but respond: You are so right again Editor!

January 5, 2023 at 1:54 am
  • Marinaio Reply

And now there is a debate occurring online, as I write this, regarding the real translation of papal-minder (jailer) Ganswein’s words regarding whether Pope Benedict’s “heart was broken” or whether the “Emeritus” simply experienced “heart-felt pain and sorrow.” Since I am only familiar with elegant and civilized languages like Italian and English, I will let the Goths hash it out among themselves.

January 4, 2023 at 3:16 pm
  • Marinaio Reply

Lest any of my German-speaking friends accuse me of being trans-Alpine-phobic, I just want to assure everyone that my joke regarding languages and “Goths” in my last comment were tongue-in-cheek, i.e., intended for humor. I don’t wish to distract us from the real issue our dear Editor put before us. So, here is a parable.

There was once a shepherd who decided he was getting too feeble to climb up and down hills and stay up all night to protect his flock, so he tried to give up his position to someone else. The new shepherd started using/buying sheep-dogs that were themselves preying on the flock. The “retired” shepherd did not like to see this, but oddly enough, he had decided to stay close to the pasture. The “retired” shepherd, having decided to hang around, was always there to help his successor approve the sheep-dogs employed by the new shepherd, started to see what his half-baked resignation had resulted in, and his heart began to ache. But he didn’t die right away, so he was able to witness the ravening wolves and sheep-dogs feeding on the flock. Oh, how sad the old shepherd was when he was taking his last breaths. His legacy was and will always be a sad one, for no one likes a quitter, especially one who should have known what would happen to the flock he foretold he would “abandon”.

The End.

January 4, 2023 at 3:50 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

Marinaio

That parable sounds vaguely familiar!

Regarding Cardinal Ratzinger’s broken heart, the hearts of a good many Catholics were broken long before, from about 2014 onwards when they fully comprehended what Benedict’s abdication meant in concrete terms for faith and morals under his successor. There have been many heart-breaking events under Francis, not least of which was the Pachamama abomination. If the heart of the former Pope Benedict was truly Catholic then it must surely have been broken some years ago when he realised what his abdication of duty had inflicted on the Church. I’m sure he must have deeply regretted his 2013 decision. I certainly hope so!

January 4, 2023 at 4:20 pm
      • Faith of Our Fathers

Athanasius am not saying in anyway that your comment is wrong. But am asking you the Question. Do you believe that Pope Benedict made that decision in 2013 or was He forced to leave.

January 4, 2023 at 6:32 pm
    • editor Reply

Marinaio,

A most apt parable, indeed.

I know the scientists write off the lightning strikes on the day Benedict abdicated, but I see them as clear evidence of God’s anger.

In spiritual terms, all the grace necessary to carry out the papal office would have been made available to Pope Benedict – but all we can do now is pray that he came to realise his error and that he repented of it profoundly, before death came calling.

January 4, 2023 at 8:50 pm
  • Michael 🙏 Reply

Dear Friends

I wonder and lm merely thinking aloud!

Given the abusive devastation regarding the celebration of the Mass since the 60’s, was Summorum Pontificum a means of providing the Church with a more spiritually edifying and orthodox form of worship which in turn wound eventually and in an organic sense influence and purifying the celebration of the new rite ie. the Novos Ordo, in order that it would become a more solemn and dignified liturgical celebration in Adoration of God and one which would be more authentic to Catholic Tradition even although it was a modified expression of that TLM rite ?

Just a thought!

Every blessing

Michael 🙏

January 4, 2023 at 4:26 pm
    • RCAVictor Reply

Michael,

If I recall correctly, regarding liturgical influence, Benedict wanted it both ways. He desired and stated (maybe in the Summorum clarifying letter, I don’t remember) that the Novus Ordo would nourish the Traditional Mass, not just the other way around.

I’d say that absurd notion was the last gasp of his conflicted orientation.

January 4, 2023 at 4:39 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

Michael

The New Mass is irreformable because it is saturated in Protestant theology. What Benedict did do in this regard was change the words of consecration in the New Mass back to their original translation, so that “for you and for all” (the Protestant meal service words) became once more “for you and for many” (the true words spoken by Our Lord).

The other positive effect of his rehabilitation of the ancient Mass was that it started to draw young seminarians and priests, not to mention young faithful, back to their birthright. Once they realised what had actually been stolen from them with the New Mass, they were returning en masse to the Traditional liturgy of the saints and martyrs and the Faith of their Fathers. That’s why, ultimately, Pope Francis acted to shut down the old Mass – because the young were abandoning the Vatican II shenanigans in huge numbers.

January 4, 2023 at 4:58 pm
      • Michael🙏

Athanasius

I know that and l agree completely with you for the same reasons.

I was merely posing a question for further comment by trying to ascertain Benedict and this theological schizophrenia regarding the Liturgy .

Every blessing

Michael 🙏

January 4, 2023 at 5:10 pm
    • editor Reply

Michael,

You are correct in that this concept of the TLM improving the quality of the NO was a “thing” at the time when SP was published. I’m sure it would have been in Benedict’s mind – he was already on record calling the novus ordo “a fabricated, on-the-spot production” So he knew the NO was in need of something. Trouble is, he thought it was/is in need of improvement, whereas it is in need, urgently, of shelving. Under the heading “Been there, done that, bought the T shirt, didn’t work” 😀

January 4, 2023 at 8:56 pm
  • Doubting Thomas Reply

Doubting Thomas refers mainly to myself.

Tom

January 4, 2023 at 4:34 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

Well, Doubting Thomas, the only advice I can offer are the words of Our Lord to St. Thomas, assuming of course that you refer to doubting in matters of faith. If it’s matters concerning earth administrators you doubt, then join the club!

January 4, 2023 at 8:19 pm
  • RCAVictor Reply

There was a theory circulating after Benedict’s resignation that is quite similar to a theory that has been circulating among Trump supporters since the stolen 2020 election.

Regarding Benedict, the theory was (as a very good chess player,) that his resignation was intended to allow the wolves to show themselves openly and take open control, so that the faithful could see for themselves what filth had been lurking in the weeds. (The wolves did indeed take over openly with Francis, though I suspect there are still some globalist/Luciferian movers and shakers still lurking in even higher weeds.)

Unfortunately, only a tiny percentage of the billion or so Catholics recognize filth when they see it. So much for chess moves. Pawn (Emeritus) to king zero.

Regarding Trump, the theory is that he did not decisively intervene in the stolen election so that a nationwide populist movement would develop against the Deep State, rather than him acting alone through executive action. Well, the populist movement certainly has developed, but so far it appears to be almost completely powerless at the ballot box, thanks to the Democrats having perfected the “art of the steal.”

January 4, 2023 at 4:35 pm
    • Michael 🙏 Reply

RCA Victor

Thank you for your thoughts on my remarks. These are very helpful.

Regarding your second set of comments, l to heard this view also it has its origins in Tyconius Liber regularum unfortunately many of our fellow Catholics at the present time are operating in a context of spiritual inertia, to put it mildly.

Every blessing

Michael 🙏

January 4, 2023 at 4:50 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

RCAVictor

I wouldn’t lend credence to either theory, to be honest. Only a looney would surmise that giving power to evil would somehow lead the masses back to good. Once evil is in power it never lets go and it takes steps to ensure that the good never again sees the light of day. I really don’t think Benedict or Trump sought to wilfully hand power to evil. Regardless, evil is in charge right now.

January 4, 2023 at 4:52 pm
  • Michael 🙏 Reply

Athanasius

I concur.

I think this present phase we are going through is a consequence of many disparate elements which ultimately have their origins in mankind’s sinfulness and concupiscence.

The Devil is exploiting humanity’s. ego and hubris that man considers himself deified. In addition, we are living in an irreligious world now fundamentally speaking under a diabolical disorientation that is ultimately rooted in harvesting souls for the bowls of Hell.

I do think that only a complete restoration of the Liturgical rites prior to the Council will provide the necessary Graces etc to enable us to remove this insidiously diabolical blindness that has enveloped the Church and the world.

Every blessing

Michael 🙏

January 4, 2023 at 5:06 pm
  • FDS Reply

Why didn’t BXVI do something when it broke his heart. Something that I don’t get it. Never liked his assistant. Anyway, there is a difference between NO and TLM in terms of spiritually . Here it’s imploding big time as numbers are falling. Went to church last Sunday, church turned off all heating as it was absolutely freezing cold inside. Instead at the same time, they were asking us to donate it despite millions in their bank accounts. It illustrated the contempt shown at parishioners by priest replacement at bishop’s bidding. It never happened before re cash collection. Usually its donated at the end of mass in a large box when people leave. Priest who was replaced, was a fan of TLM as he was removed and sent to small insignificant posting. But he got what he wanted was weekly Sunday TLM for now. All other TLM masses were stopped except for lone sspx one. That Bishop(an outsider from Dublin) a careerist one with two languages to boot such as Latin and German/Italian. He was following Bergoglio orders to a tee every time.

January 5, 2023 at 1:05 pm
  • RCAVictor Reply

I just looked this up on YouTube to see who made the comment you quoted. Hah, I see it is your old friend who had such high praise for you years ago…..pardon me while I take my tongue out of my cheek….

That said, there is something very cold about Abp. Ganswein’s eyes.

January 5, 2023 at 2:23 pm
    • editor Reply

Well, I did wonder about that, if it could possibly be the same Mzzzz White, but I couldn’t imagine her stooping to join the hoi polloi in the mere comments anywhere. When she called me a “Scottish nutjob” it was, yes, in the comments section of a blog but only because the discussion was about an article which she’d written. Well, one lives and one learns, doesn’t one. One really does…

About those eyes – not sure I’d describe them as “cold” … something, certainly. Something that suggests he might as well have “Don’t Trust Me” printed on his forehead.

I really am being a very bad girl… again… (That’s one statement with which you don’t have to agree) 😀

January 5, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  • WurdeSmythe Reply

As our ever-right Editor observed, the YouTube commentator’s sentiments are understandable.

Even so, this poor sinner favors not speaking ill of the (recently) dead.

May Benedict rest in peace.

January 5, 2023 at 8:33 pm
    • Margaret Mary Reply

I don’t think anyone is speaking ill of the dead. Giving an account of his pontificate is not speaking ill of the dead it is remembering what kind of pope he was, I see a difference, having been educated on this blog, LOL!

You don’t say anything about Pope Benedict. RIP. I wonder why not?

I think editor covered the “poor sinner” bit really well. Nobody is criticising Pope Benedict for being a poor sinner.

January 5, 2023 at 8:39 pm
      • Doubting Thomas

I don’t [believe] this that “not speaking ill of the dead” means we cannot ever say anything negative about their deeds. Sounds a bit ridiculous. We wouldn’t even be able to say anything about Hitler under those circumstances.

January 5, 2023 at 9:51 pm
      • Michael 🙏

Margaret Mary

Your remarks are excellent and l agree completely with the spirit and essence of your comments.

Benedict RIP in many ways was an enigma. As head of the CDF he knew all the individuals and their shenanigans that was going on for twenty years before being Pope, yet when elected he was timid in his approach regarding all the the filth in the Church, to put it politely eg. from deviant clergy, financial scandals, St Gallen Mafia etc etc.

When he resigned he knew the wolves would return with a vengeance and give vent to their evil spleen.

I pray for the repose of his soul but his legacy has created more confusion and problems presently and for the future that most Catholics do not really understand.

Every blessing

Michael 🙏

January 5, 2023 at 10:40 pm
    • Athanasius Reply

RCAVictor

I love the way these stories about whistleblowers unfold – they never seem to name names. Their testimony is pretty useless unless they name names. I’d take that one with a pinch of salt, although I think we all know that there are some very evil individuals residing in and around the Vatican right now!

January 7, 2023 at 11:26 am